Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerfed Assassin Force Speed -60% dmg absorb utility

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Nerfed Assassin Force Speed -60% dmg absorb utility

Darittha
10.15.2019 , 08:17 AM | #11
5.0 ->or whenever sins got Phasing Phantasm on force speed only made sin tanks more viable. Ive played sin tank long before that and honestly out of all tanks i still think Jugg is prob most versatile as they have Enraged Defense selfheal giving them basically 2 lives ->2,5 lives if you count in Endure Pain ability, they also have25% dmg absorb on Saber Ward(i think its called) and they have proper standalone reflect ability that actually reflects damage(sin reflect ability is tied to Deflection ability and does not absorb the damage - so you reflect some damage but still get hurt). Also Jugg tanks have good dps when compared to sin.

Sin tanks in comparison to Jugg are just more built like a damage sponge - we can reset agro via Force Cloak(stealth pop), have miniscule heal(15% every 2mins) and we can resist force+tech attacks for few secs every 1min with Force Shroud. And Deflection(sin counterpart of Saber Ward) while increasing defense by 50% is completely missing 25% absorb that Jugg has on damage that does come through.

Given the near complete lack of selfheal on the Sin side, mitigation of high spiked damage through 60% damage absorb during force speed is now essential imo as sin remains bit of a damage sponge with seriously low dmg output even when compared to other tank classes.

Ecekiell
10.15.2019 , 08:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
Even with the fs nerf, sin tanks are still the best tank. That shows how much op was the sin tanks.
I don't think that's true. They aren't completly useless, but Force Speed was by far the biggest thing for sin tanks. In fights where you can use Force Shroud for (relevant) boss attacks, I think they will be still pretty good, but in a lot of other fights, the other tanks might be better now.

While I think tanks are now more or less balanced. I really don't like this change. I stated in another post, that I liked the idea of a very short defensive with short cooldown. This way you can actually do something during the fight to avoid damage and don't have to rely on luck (or defensives with very long cooldown). The very short duration also makes it somewhat challenging and you have to think about when exactly to use it.

In my opinion they should revert that change (force regen, really?), maybe reduce the %, and most importantly give something similar to the other tanks. This skill made tanking so much more fun, everyone should have it.

also:
#bringbackphasewalkforsins

Darittha
10.15.2019 , 09:00 AM | #13
Also about the nerfed ability - for tanks it would grant enhanced force recharge - but even with maximum of 2,5secs of Force Speed this nerfed utility would only provide maximum of 25 extra force points -> that equals to a one single use of Shock ability and thats it. This makes me thing that they *tested* sin tank on a dummy - where you dont get attacked so you run out of force real fast - unlike the real combat where ive not had problems running out of force like at all.

Darittha
10.15.2019 , 09:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ecekiell View Post
In my opinion they should revert that change (force regen, really?), maybe reduce the %, and most importantly give something similar to the other tanks. This skill made tanking so much more fun, everyone should have it.
I think they should keep the utility as it is with 60% dmg absorb for the Force Speed duration, but give the same - or similar to other tanks(maybe weaker version for selfhealing near unkillable class like jugg with 2 lives)

phalczen
10.15.2019 , 09:49 AM | #15
Again, can anyone confirm this was actually on the last version of PTS? Practically speaking I didn't even notice the nerf, if it was, and you'd think this would be a change the Devs would want to test in the phase dedicated to Balance testing.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Balameb
10.15.2019 , 09:55 AM | #16
Without entering the debate of this particular Nerf, as i have never tanked with a Sin, I still do wonder.....
Why they decided to change this and not other things?
For the most part all 6.0 was built on the (i think wrong) premise that everything was perfect prior to this and after removing current set bonus they will only build on top: new abilities, talticals and new set bonus.

If they wanted to make changes I think there were other things. For example, since we are in the line of tanks, why not actually change Traslocate? Each spec has 4 Active abilities that defines them on a large portion. PT Tanks get only 3 and a Toy. They even added a tactical to make it something close to being "useful", but that takes your only tactical slot.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Ecekiell
10.15.2019 , 09:56 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Again, can anyone confirm this was actually on the last version of PTS? Practically speaking I didn't even notice the nerf, if it was, and you'd think this would be a change the Devs would want to test in the phase dedicated to Balance testing.
Yes it was.
I don't think it you will notice it in flashpoints, championship or open world pve most of the time. Biggest impact will be on mastermode and veteran opertions.

Darittha
10.15.2019 , 11:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ecekiell View Post
Yes it was.
I don't think it you will notice it in flashpoints, championship or open world pve most of the time. Biggest impact will be on mastermode and veteran opertions.
Thats what im worried about the most.

Rion_Starkiller
10.15.2019 , 11:19 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
Thats what im worried about the most.
Well, that's why it was removed. It's extremely OP to have a 60% DR ability every 15s to mitigate huge spikes, especially when it's not a random attack, but planned. Even PT/VG reflect is on a longer cooldown, doesn't work on self, and uses up your area taunt. I see Shadow/SIN and VG/PT tanks as being a good raid combo. One gives your raid reflects, the other gives your raid force shroud.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

allexj
10.16.2019 , 12:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Well, that's why it was removed. It's extremely OP to have a 60% DR ability every 15s to mitigate huge spikes, especially when it's not a random attack, but planned. Even PT/VG reflect is on a longer cooldown, doesn't work on self, and uses up your area taunt. I see Shadow/SIN and VG/PT tanks as being a good raid combo. One gives your raid reflects, the other gives your raid force shroud.
Even if that is the case. Sins as a whole are dead in 6.0. reversing the change to effect all of sins and then reduce the effect to 25% that stacks with gear DF would still be a better option over all. Sins have almost nothing going for them PvP wise and PvE wise they have always been strong as far as tank is concerned. It just long enough to get you through a spike but not long enough actually destroy PvP. It a great oh crap ability for dopa sins in PvP and just supports already week in PvP shadow tanks.
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.