Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerfed Assassin Force Speed -60% dmg absorb utility

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Nerfed Assassin Force Speed -60% dmg absorb utility

Darittha
10.14.2019 , 08:47 AM | #1
What is this insanity about removing and nerfing Phasing Phantasm utility? Currently both dps and tank specced Assassins can have 60% damage reduction for 2 or 2,5 seconds(duration of Force Speed) which is the only thing u Devs actually did right in terms of balancing with the other tank classes - as the Jugg has Enraged Defense for instant selfhealing, same thing with Powertechs and their Kolto Overload and yet you want to take damage reduction from this ability and give sin TANKS force regeneration? TANKS and FORCE REGENERATION? That gives us nothing. Even with 2,5sec long force speed we get max 25 more force points but we are TANKS. What are we suppose to do with it? Its completely useless to tanks.

Assassin damage specs get the ability *only* nerfed with some damage reduction - that would be perfect for tank.
I struggle to understand your logic here - you take damage absorb away from tanks and give them force regen - which would be perfect for dps specced sins but they dont get it no -> for them the ability gives 25% dmg reduction - which would be perfect for oh idk a TANK?

Original working for all specs: https://imgur.com/a/dTY2JDs

Nerfed version: https://imgur.com/a/u8V6p8l

GamingCrimes
10.14.2019 , 11:00 AM | #2
Even after the nerfs to force speed assassin tanks remain to be the best tank class in pve. This change was more than necessary.
Boatank Myr'cella

Raidlead of <Flawless> @Tulak Hord

dipstik
10.14.2019 , 01:18 PM | #3
it is likely the biggest nerf to sin tanks since taking away the self heal from force lightning... but i always thought it was too good to be true... which apprently it was... rip

Benirons
10.14.2019 , 01:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
What is this insanity about removing and nerfing Phasing Phantasm utility? Currently both dps and tank specced Assassins can have 60% damage reduction for 2 or 2,5 seconds(duration of Force Speed) which is the only thing u Devs actually did right in terms of balancing with the other tank classes - as the Jugg has Enraged Defense for instant selfhealing, same thing with Powertechs and their Kolto Overload and yet you want to take damage reduction from this ability and give sin TANKS force regeneration? TANKS and FORCE REGENERATION? That gives us nothing. even with 2,5sec long force speed we at max get 25 more force points but we are TANKS. What are we suppose to do with it? Tts completely useless to tanks.

Assassin damage specs get the ability *only* nerfed with some damage reduction - that would be perfect for oh idk perhaps A TANK ??!!
I struggle to understand your logic here - you take damage absorb away from tanks and give them force regen - which would be perfect for dps specced sins but they dont get it no -> for them the ability gives 25% dmg reduction - which would be perfect for oh idk a TANK?

Original working for all specs: https://imgur.com/a/dTY2JDs

Nerfed version: https://imgur.com/a/u8V6p8l
Nerf had to happen, there is no doubt about it. 15 sec CD 60% DR is just godly in PVE (does not do much in PVP though). It should really be the other way around though. Give DPS force regen, and tanks the 25% DR.

Emperor_Cain
10.14.2019 , 02:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
Nerf had to happen, there is no doubt about it. 15 sec CD 60% DR is just godly in PVE (does not do much in PVP though). It should really be the other way around though. Give DPS force regen, and tanks the 25% DR.
More force regen would be extremely pointless for Deception. Hatred might have some use for it, though...

phalczen
10.14.2019 , 04:27 PM | #6
Was this in the last version of PTS?

I really didn't have any trouble with the Eternal Championship on my Assassin tank in only 273 gear. Nor did I have trouble tanking in Vet Mode Hammer Station (not that its terribly challenging) or MM Hammer. And since the rounds don't have a ton of adds, the Tome of Wrath tactical doesn't have a ton of utility in that activity. So, if this nerf was on the last version of PTS then I didn't see much of an impact on my survivability.

If this is from dwarven folk, then I guess I'll have to see.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Exocor
10.14.2019 , 04:30 PM | #7
I switched to Guardian Tank right after discovering this nerf. Not because I felt sins to be bad now, but because I played Sin/Shadow for years now, since they were so much more powerful than the other tank-classes. It'll be interesting to first progress through the gear grinding with a guardian now.

In general, I'd now like to have phase walk back for sins. I always found that removing it from sins and shadows was a mistake. Force speed was just broken, but phase walk was a nice mobility skill.

#bringbackphasewalkforsins

And, on another note, rewrite phasing phantasm, so that we get our big, healing increasing phase walk back please! Let force speed be a mobility skill only. No need to attach force regen or damage reduction to it.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Hercology
10.14.2019 , 10:44 PM | #8
PT Tank is now the best tank in the game
Not Herc
Process

Equeliber
10.15.2019 , 01:44 AM | #9
The fact that OP is comparing Force Speed absorb to ED and, oh god, Kolto Overload, shows how clueless they are in what tanks need and what they don't. And how tanking and mitigation works in general.

Sin might not be the main tank for every single operation anymore (unfair, I know, those PTs and juggs really don't deserve to tank anything ) but simply because of Force Shroud it will always stay relevant for many fights.

Force Speed absorb should have been nerfed long, long ago...

lord-angelus
10.15.2019 , 05:07 AM | #10
Even with the fs nerf, sin tanks are still the best tank. That shows how much op was the sin tanks.