Something I noticed after about 2 years of being away....

Ohnoozer

The game has grown a lot....in the cartel market but not the game itself. At least that's how it looks to me at first glance.

Looks like just a money grab imo.

I could be totally wrong, I'm just saying at first glance of returning it looks like they have given you a ton of crap to buy from the cartel market...I just don't see a lot of content.

Wondering about the intent behind this vacuous thread to be honest.

Thanks for that.

I'm just saying that I would have expected to see more new content other than just cartel market stuff to make money on.

Again it's just what it looks like to me atm but am I wrong?

And the intent is conversation....that's kind of what forums are for. You don't have to agree with the position of the other people here but everyone has a right to voice an opinion.

Edited by Ohnoozer
whatever

I could be totally wrong, I'm just saying at first glance of returning it looks like they have given you a ton of crap to buy from the cartel market...I just don't see a lot of content.

Unfortunately that is about the truth of it.

Even games moved to publishers who are renowned for closing games down (LOTRO now being published by Daybreak Games) have seen more actual content than SWTOR.

All The Best

You're not wrong.

But surely you could have found this out by reading the forums / reddit / dulfy / etc prior to returning?

I could have but I did not. I don't use any of those things and just thought "I feel like playing SWTOR....I'll see whats up".

I just don't see a lot of content.

This one depends strongly on how you define content, or more precisely, what sorts of things you consider to be content.

I agree absolutely that the contents of the CM don't count for any meaningful concept of content.

But "about 2 years" would mean you stopped around the time that Knights of the Eternal Throne (5.0) was launched, or thereabouts. Since then, we've had:

* A new Warzone map based on the Alderaan Civil War map, but set on Yavin.

* A new Warzone map based on Huttball, set on Vandin.

* A new GSF map.

* A new Operation released in stages after the release of War on Iokath.

* A new story arc that leads into / sets the stage for the up-coming 5.10 release, the so-called "Traitor Arc" that began with War on Iokath.

* As part of the new story arc, three new flashpoints set up in the same style as the flashpoints in Prelude to Revan, linked with story elements.

* A new stronghold (Rishi) with a PvP twist.

* Several new Alliance Alerts returning more of the old companions.

* And, if "about 2 years" was a little longer, Knights of the Eternal Throne itself.

I may have missed a few oddments, although I believe I have the majority of the actual "content" changes.

Overall, though, I'd suggest that no, there hasn't been a lot of new content, considering that the above list covers two years of releases. Bear in mind, though, that the "word on the street" is that their development budget during that time was sharply limited by EA, with funding diverted to other projects, notably Anthem. I describe it as "word on the street" because we aren't privy to the internal maneuverings of EA and how it assigns funding, although nothing else really explains the shortness of that list.

I think it appears that the market has grown more than the game, because the market is more 'tangible.' You go to a page(s) and you see all the stuff on offer for sale and you can point at it and say there it is. Content is a bit more difficult to nail down, because it tends to go by very quickly and then we have a long wait until we get the next bit, so I think some of it gets forgotten, not to mention, not all content is satisfying to all players. Some want story, others pvp, others raids...and we get dribbles of each. When one group gets satisfied another feels neglected. I agree with Steve that there's been a fair bit released over two years, it's just sporadic.

I also get TUXs point about the game seeming to be stagnant and again, I attribute that to the content dribbling out slowly, and at too slow a rate to seem satisfying to any group. Instead of 'waves' we get a 'ripple'.

I'm also inclined to agree a bit with AnnabethChase as well. The development of items for the market seems to have slowed down too. There have been, at least to me, fewer really unique or innovative things up for offer. Armors seem like recolors and piecing from existing things. It's not to say that there isn't anything new, I did really like the Callous Conqueror? (that really Sithy set with the deep red robes and hood, metal plate shoulders...too lazy to log in atm to check the name) and the Noble Councillor sets. They were pretty innovative. I'd really like to see some more formal wear, like evening gowns and 'suits' for male characters. Stuff like you'd see on Canto Bight or that dress Holdo wears.

I would love for there to be more content, (story for me please :p)...and I wouldn't mind seeing newer more innovative things on the cartel market. I also think it's important to include innovative and interesting items available in game in return for activities performed.

Edited by Lunafox

The game has grown a lot....in the cartel market but not the game itself.

Not really. Just like with most new game "content" in the last 2 years (recoloured warzones, revamped old systems like conquest...), the cartel market creates the illusion of being bigger than before. In reality, it's the same as with the game: old content presented in a different way: Instead of the cartel packs which were 1 item you have all (well, many) of the items from inside the packs listed directly in the market. That's why it looks bigger.

There are a couple of new items, sure, but most of them are the same old items as some years ago.

Edited by JattaGin

But didn't they say that 2019 would be exciting? The main reason i stick to this game is because all the other Star Wars content is sooooooo bad. I mean we have our own NPCs but at least we can cut them in pieces with a light saber or light em up with blaster fire :cool:

But didn't they say that 2019 would be exciting? The main reason i stick to this game is because all the other Star Wars content is sooooooo bad. I mean we have our own NPCs but at least we can cut them in pieces with a light saber or light em up with blaster fire :cool:

Exciting? Wasn't opening loot crates "supposed" to be exciting? Ben Irving thought so....

And?? :)

As you can see the people are still around. Bioware probably figured that what ever they do they game will go on, so why bother? :D

And? Really? Do you not want the game to progress and grow?

So they are supposedly working on new stuff right?

And? Really? Do you not want the game to progress and grow?

So they are supposedly working on new stuff right?

We are getting 5.10 supposedly next week.

The flip side is any time they add something, it feels like they muck it up worse lol