Rampage on CZ-198 in easy mode (Why fight for kills when you don't have to?)

jediloki

Rampage is actually very easy to do in CZ-198.

Pick up the Anti-Venom daily

Kill all of the rats inside the instance, but do NOT activate for final part.

Go back out, reset the mission.

Enter the instance again, kill all of the rats...

Rinse and repeat.

You will get 30+ kills in under a minute towards rampage with zero competition from anyone else.

The three stages of rampage can probably be done as fast or faster than if you were alone killing the normal mobs.

Now as far as the other quest where you actually have to kill X number of the NPCs....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rampage is actually very easy to do in CZ-198.

Pick up the Anti-Venom daily

Kill all of the rats inside the instance, but do NOT activate for final part.

Go back out, reset the mission.

Enter the instance again, kill all of the rats...

Rinse and repeat.

You will get 30+ kills in under a minute towards rampage with zero competition from anyone else.

The three stages of rampage can probably be done as fast or faster than if you were alone killing the normal mobs.

Now as far as the other quest where you actually have to kill X number of the NPCs....

Indeed. I alluded to this in the other thread - probably should have made it more obvious but wasn't sure if this breaks any rules.

Indeed. I alluded to this in the other thread - probably should have made it more obvious but wasn't sure if this breaks any rules.

It's literally using available ingame mechanics to get things done, nothing like the Ravager or chair deco exploits for example. :)

• 1 month later...

Or you can just do it in the pvp instance and get the dailies done in 10 mins, which gives you 200k credits and CXP.

If you see some pesky enemy player, just kill them too and work towards your legacy achievement ;)

I ran 6 Alts through last night in 60 mins and ended up with 1.2 mil in credits, 3 pvp player kills and 14 CXP crates.

Edited by Totemdancer

And thankfully this rampage will be changed starting next week.

Defeat enemies anywhere, you must complete step 1 before you can complete step 2, etc:

1: 100 Enemies (daily)

2: 125 Enemies (daily)

3: 250 Enemies (daily)

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php?page=2

I read Eric's post as the above would be in addition to the current rampage objectives. Rampage would be specific to a planet while the above would be universal, which is why the target values are higher. That's how it seemed to be since this new kill objective is listed as being added to every conquest, currently not every conquest has a rampage objective, and there was no specific mention of rampage objectives under the objectives removed section. Hopefully I'm no just being optimistic and the new kill objective will be in addition to rampages.

I read Eric's post as the above would be in addition to the current rampage objectives. Rampage would be specific to a planet while the above would be universal, which is why the target values are higher. That's how it seemed to be since this new kill objective is listed as being added to every conquest, currently not every conquest has a rampage objective, and there was no specific mention of rampage objectives under the objectives removed section. Hopefully I'm no just being optimistic and the new kill objective will be in addition to rampages.

I am not sure as the way it seem to be explained on the stream is that specific rampages were not going to be part of conquest as they were adding this in place of those. I imagine we will find out soon which way it will actually be.

Or you can just do it in the pvp instance and get the dailies done in 10 mins, which gives you 200k credits and CXP.

If you see some pesky enemy player, just kill them too and work towards your legacy achievement ;)

I ran 6 Alts through last night in 60 mins and ended up with 1.2 mil in credits, 3 pvp player kills and 14 CXP crates.

You're speaking a different language PvE heroes don't understand. i said the same thing in the other CZ thread and not one bite. You know, PvP is icky. Even when there's no PvP.

Edited by kodrac

Unless you're alone and there's three of them and they jump you every chance they've got. :p

You're speaking a different language PvE heroes don't understand. i said the same thing in the other CZ thread and not one bite. You know, PvP is icky. Even when there's no PvP.

You've just perfectly encapsulated the arrogant, immature attitude that leads to many people staying well away from PvP.

I am not sure as the way it seem to be explained on the stream is that specific rampages were not going to be part of conquest as they were adding this in place of those. I imagine we will find out soon which way it will actually be.

I hadn't yet listened to the 14 Nov stream, so I went and gave that a listen. Eric, when talking about the conquest changes, clearly states they have some new objectives, which includes chapters, EC, warzones, and "more kill objectives." He goes on to clarify that the kill objective can be done anywhere. I believed the new kill objective would be in addition to conquest from just reading the forum post, but after having listened to the stream it seems even more certain that that will be the case.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/335816293?t=00h06m40s

And the PvP heroes do not want to understand ... If there's no fair PvP (not 3vs1), they'll soon have no opponents left. ;) Then nobody changes to the instance. Have fun looking at the emty opponent. A high on the PVE instance. :p

I hadn't yet listened to the 14 Nov stream, so I went and gave that a listen. Eric, when talking about the conquest changes, clearly states they have some new objectives, which includes chapters, EC, warzones, and "more kill objectives." He goes on to clarify that the kill objective can be done anywhere. I believed the new kill objective would be in addition to conquest from just reading the forum post, but after having listened to the stream it seems even more certain that that will be the case.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/335816293?t=00h06m40s

I sincerely hope you're correct - I read it the same way Casi did, but I prefer your scenario far better :)

And the PvP heroes do not want to understand ... If there's no fair PvP (not 3vs1), they'll soon have no opponents left. ;) Then nobody changes to the instance. Have fun looking at the emty opponent. A high on the PVE instance. :p

It's not about having opponents. it's about getting things done in an empty instance instead of crying about objective ninjas. Even on the rare occasion when I do encounter someone from the other faction they're there for the same reason and leave me alone.

Edited by kodrac

It's not about having opponents. it's about getting things done in an empty instance instead of crying about objective ninjas. Even on the rare occasion when I do encounter someone from the other faction they're there for the same reason and leave me alone.

Unless the person you run into is like Totem and has no problem ganking you while you're just trying to get your daily done. Yeah, it can be quicker to get dailies done in the PVP instance, and I do do that sometimes, but I avoid that when the zone is small, increasing the likelihood of running into a ganker, and the zone's population is inflated due to being part of conquest. That's an annoyance I'd rather advoid. Instead I try to go during off-peak hours, or go to areas that are less popular or populated. I get me daily done and I don't have to deal with the people who think it's funny to gang up 3, 4, or 5 people on one person just trying to get their daily done. Yes, it is true that that's not everyone and that's not always going to happen, but it only takes it happening a few times before someone who doesn't PVP decides that is an unnecessary and easily avoided annoyance.

HUSH! Stop spilling the secrets you fool...blood is EVERYWHERE!!! Limbs, lekku, tentacles. fur, scales...EVERYWHERE! I can't even get TO the sewers without being killed a minimum of 10 times...the gore...the lack of humanity...the mocking, the vile emotes...I'm about to cry just thinking about how mean pVp'ers are...

Don't listen to Kodrac guys...it's HORRIBLE!!! STAY AWAY!!!

I sincerely hope you're correct - I read it the same way Casi did, but I prefer your scenario far better :)

We will find out soon enough since 5.10 is supposed to release next week so I will take the wait and see method right now even though I will have to wait a little longer since I have research papers due and a stupid final lol.

Edited by casirabit