So to get 258 gear we will have to quest on Ossus?

Nathan_Hanefort

I read there will be vendor on Ossus - any info about the one on the fleet? I have some characters who havent proceed past SOR but have 248 gear already and are used for PVP mainly. So I will have to rush/skip both expansions and start questing on Ossus to get reputation and ruin my story experience? I dont get this.

Any info would be nice about that. I cant actually believe the devs didnt think about people who have maxed gear but doing story slowly, so maybe im missing something..

Edited by Nathan_Hanefort

There will be no vendor on the fleet (as per the PTS).

You will need to get your character to Ossus to get the gear from the vendor and to grind the shards from the dailies,

It is possible, but extremely unlikely that you may get a random 252 gear drop from CXP crates.

So to answer your question. Yes, you will have to quest on Ossus.

But you dont have to rush there. You don’t need 252-258 gear to do any content other than MM operations and ranked pvp.

The gear you currently get to do any story until and probably including Ossus is just fine.

Edited by Totemdancer

I believe you will need crystals from Ossus missions for gear. Or luck in the Command Crate rng for 252's. I'm sure they did think about the story but KotFE was 3 years back and KotET was 2 years ago now. They probably assume in 3 years most have made it through once.

I believe you will need crystals from Ossus missions for gear. Or luck in the Command Crate rng for 252's. I'm sure they did think about the story but KotFE was 3 years back and KotET was 2 years ago now. They probably assume in 3 years most have made it through once.

Yeah skip that crap. lol

Heck I've not even done the Iokath storyline completely through on my one toon that can.

Or I did & that's it...can't remember. I'm unsure if I did Umbara for the story as my hubby told me the story plot twister as he did it. :mad:

I'd say about 60% of my alts are sitting right after Ziost and I have zero want or need to push them through Kotfe. However, I still like playing them for group stuff, etc.

Why do I get the feeling they will make the update extremely alt unfriendly? This is like the only mmo I know that when the devs make new content more players leave then join. :(

I hope I'm wrong.

There will be no vendor on the fleet (as per the PTS).

You will need to get your character to Ossus to get the gear from the vendor and to grind the shards from the dailies,

It is possible, but extremely unlikely that you may get a random 252 gear drop from CXP crates.

So to answer your question. Yes, you will have to quest on Ossus.

But you dont have to rush there. You don’t need 252-258 gear to do any content other than MM operations and ranked pvp.

The gear you currently get to do any story until and probably including Ossus is just fine.

Well, than i will have to stop pvp for a time being :) As i play it daily..even in regs it matters..In full aug 248 i cant smack any 230-240. Thanks for the clarification!

Or a lot of money, as the new gear will be craftable and therefore purchasable on the GTN.

Crap or not, its still a story content - this like i can play for many weeks: doing a chapter, than 20 pvps, some fps and ops and go back to next chapter..Perfect strategy to avoid boredom or game switching :) I doubt that Ossus will bring more than a couple of days questing at best, no matter how cool it will be. So kotfe and kotet are gold mines for me, still as i done those only once and like a year ago.