Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

jambalayabungee
11.17.2019 , 08:37 PM | #9751
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Well, I agree that people often spam the koltos too frenetically. It's really annoying if, when you actually need health, there's no koltos available because someone has spammed them all. And I would agree with the frustration of having someone use the kolto when they're only down about 5% - especially when there's a healer.

However, I don't quite understand why healers seem to get so annoyed when someone essentially helps them out by using a kolto. Several times recently, while doing Vet FPs with a healer, my health has gone down seriously - like down to 10% - and I've had to use a kolto to heal myself. I don't know why the healer has let someone get that low - maybe they are lagging, maybe they are overwhelmed, whatever - but I don't think I should just die to let them "practice" and I don't see why they should get so pissy about it.
well the point is, when people as, dps, stop dpsing to run to kolto for nothing, they dont kill the boss, and the healer is left ... dpsing. Which doesnt make sense lol.

And yeah, the reason healers can get pissy, as an healer you do ok-ish dps but your whole kit is oriented around healing, so if you cant heal you are kindof useless lol. Kolto spamming isnt really fun for healers, its made to *remplace* them in case of a group without one. Its almost insulting at times, like the group dont have confidence you can actually heal them.

But yeah, again, I understand the compulsion to click it , and I think its mostly an habit most people have and they dont even think about it much.

About practicing ...
Lets be honest, leveling as an healer sucks. Unless you feel like healing your comp in dps spec (its as boring as it sounds), the interesting part comes when you can actually heal in group content.

Vet fps is for most of the healers their first experience in group healing in swtor, and if not, the way they can learn how to better play their classes, abilities, see the efficiency of their set bonuses, stats, etc. As a dps would like to test their gear and rotations, or the tank want to know how much aggro he can hold, how much damage he can take. Letting the healers "practice" like you said, to a reasonable point, will make better healers in the end than not ..

ok //rant finished :P

jambalayabungee
11.17.2019 , 08:47 PM | #9752
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
Everywhere else, I can usually see what I'm doing, which means I can usually keep the group healed as long as they don't do anything really spectacularly silly, which means "Please trust me. In the event that I can't keep up and a kolto station is needed, let me be the one to click it"
^ this

JediQuaker
11.18.2019 , 08:55 AM | #9753
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
"Please trust me. In the event that I can't keep up and a kolto station is needed, let me be the one to click it"
The problem is that Kolto stations give the biggest and quickest health boost to the player that clicks them and the rest of the group gets less healing over a longer time. Many times I've died because someone else used the Kolto and I didn't get enough health quickly enough to survive the next hit..
It's always best if the person who needs the Kolto is the one that uses it.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

JediAkemi
11.18.2019 , 09:58 AM | #9754
That's part of the thing of wanting the group to trust me. I much prefer it when they focus on the enemy and let me focus on keeping them alive. While I know that if I hit the kolto station, I get the most, the heal-over-time on the rest of the team combined with what I'm putting out is usually enough to save everyone.
But as I said, most boss fights I can stay ahead of things and no-one should need a kolto station anyway... but people still go for them even when they don't need them. Not a lot we can do about that while PUGing.

LD_Little_Dragon
11.18.2019 , 11:32 AM | #9755
I don't think players hitting kolto's is the problem so much as how soon some of them will run to the kolto's.

When I'm on a lowbie I'll head for the kolto's at about half health, but on max players I try to avoid kolto's completely. Most fights you're fine just managing your dcd's properly. It's better practice for master mode, since you learn what your defensive abilties can handle.

It's the max players who panic when they get a scratch that are annoying. They're the one's who will then go into master mode, use zero dcds, probably jump right to the elites in mobs, then call the healers trash when they die. (hint: the healer isn't healing you because all those normal enemies you're ignoring are attacking THE HEALER. You can't heal the fank (I"m looking at you Hammer, and the huge number of fake tanks who can't hold aggro at all), yourself, and 2 idiotic dps at the same time.)
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

jambalayabungee
11.18.2019 , 05:31 PM | #9756
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
//
It's the max players who panic when they get a scratch that are annoying. They're the one's who will then go into master mode, use zero dcds, probably jump right to the elites in mobs, then call the healers trash when they die. (hint: the healer isn't healing you because all those normal enemies you're ignoring are attacking THE HEALER. You can't heal the fank (I"m looking at you Hammer, and the huge number of fake tanks who can't hold aggro at all), yourself, and 2 idiotic dps at the same time.)
That makes me think, its the same for all classes actually. Thing is, vet fps are so easy than all the tanks that dont taunt, dpses that charge ahead with little consequence, healers that don't know about their cleanses and get "carried" by koltos , they can still get by and faceroll the fps and it can still be ok, and even have fun doing it.

Though it doesn't make players conscious of their roles, and it shows in harder content, mm fps and ops.

Gearing these days encourage people to do master mode flashpoints, which is great in a way, but in another, everybody and their uncle now want to do masters for gear.

As much as we defend the healers, I have to admit ive seen more than one healer fail to cleanse the tank in the droid boss of mm hs these days, which resulted in the tank's death. And if by addition the tank is also a fank well ... you are screwed lol

nyrkverse
11.18.2019 , 11:58 PM | #9757
Quote: Originally Posted by jambalayabungee View Post
As much as we defend the healers, I have to admit ive seen more than one healer fail to cleanse the tank in the droid boss of mm hs these days, which resulted in the tank's death. And if by addition the tank is also a fank well ... you are screwed lol
MM HS has become a big meme: you have the LOS obsessed tanks who will pull everything around a corner when in reality there's just a couple of groups where it makes sense and insist on pulling the big droid in the tunnel because apparently stepping out of a red circle is hard.

Then you have the healers who don't know what a cleanse is and the tanks that have no clue about their defensives and when they match up hilarity ensues (neither type asks for directions of course, they barely acknowledge when someone explains what to do *after* the wipe).

Or the tanks whose idea of keeping aggro is hitting the gold guy and ignore everything else (this is a classic).

And of course the dps who can't kill anything in a remotely timely fashion.

They all spam HS apparently because when it's a different FP the groups are generally good - I had a couple of excellent Meridians for instance - or someone will leave immediately. Force forbid they play something new.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

JediAkemi
11.19.2019 , 10:41 AM | #9758
Got a MM Esseles last night that almost made me quit the game in disgust.
Loaded in as normal (a bit of a slow load, but I wasn't even the last one to arrive) and tried to be sociable while we waited for our 4th to join us at the first conversation. No response.
Unsurprisingly, there was a call to "Skip please" and "Spacebar!" when we were in the conversation, which I was, and I said as much. One of the others kept the impatient two waiting longer than I was.
First battle against the two mobs went fine, and all of a sudden they voted to kick me before the first elevator. No reason given. No explanation in chat. Just "Nah, we don't want this level 75 Jedi Sentinel and we won't tell her why".

Only thing I can think of (I didn't check their gear to compare) is maybe they decided that my 260 rating was too low, which is horsepoopy. I've done MM Rakata in weaker gear since 6.0 started and that's a lot nastier than Esseles.
Whatever their problem was, well, it's their problem, not mine.

In all seriousness, I do feel like the game is getting more and more toxic. I think it may be time for another break.

AlrikFassbauer
11.19.2019 , 12:38 PM | #9759
I can't see whether a healer is good or not, so at a certain point when the health bar of a party member is *very* low, I do go to a Kolto station.

I've seen deaths due to too late healing, so I'm never sure if the healer is good or not. How can I tell this ß After letting a player's character die a few times, cynically put ?

Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
And of course the dps who can't kill anything in a remotely timely fashion.
Then look at the DPS's level. According to my own exsperience, this is mostly due to the Group Finder even putting VERY low lechel chars into the group ... chars about which players here often complain "other than ... he never did anything substancial". Especiall at low levels, several abilities are missing, most people tend to forget that after playing level 70 for years.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

nyrkverse
11.19.2019 , 12:54 PM | #9760
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Then look at the DPS's level. According to my own exsperience, this is mostly due to the Group Finder even putting VERY low lechel chars into the group ... chars about which players here often complain "other than ... he never did anything substancial". Especiall at low levels, several abilities are missing, most people tend to forget that after playing level 70 for years.
I was speaking of Master Mode Hammer Station that unfortunately pops way too often lately - likely because many players prefer to spam that and a few others instead of queuing random despite the extra rewards - where I haven't seen anyone below 75 since the expansion (and you can't queue for MM until you're at least 50 anyway).
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»