Grief dancing in WZs, thanks to Conquest, please fix, thank you

swtordrz

Imagine you enter a Warzone and there are players not participating, just using /dance or emote variations since they simply are here for the Conquest Points, would that diminish your gaming enjoyment?

Please fix this situation of rewarding repeatable Conquest Points for Warzone completion with something that will enrich the gaming enjoyment of the wider community.

Thank you kindly.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine you enter a Warzone and there are players not participating, just using /dance or emote variations since they simply are here for the Conquest Points, would that diminish your gaming enjoyment?

Please fix this situation of rewarding repeatable Conquest Points for Warzone completion with something that will enrich the gaming enjoyment of the wider community.

Thank you kindly.

I don't see anything wrong with it honestly. It means easier kills and more damage. :rak_03:

Edited by DARKheartLAND

Thank you kindly.

I apologize if my behavior is disrupting your gameplay. Unfortunately for me, PvP is the only, easiest, way for me to gain the 35,000 necessary conquest points for the reward this week thanks to my preferred content (playing flashpoints for fun) has been severely gimped thanks to the patch.

However, from this moment on, instead of dancing (or repeatedly flying into an asteroid in GSF in an attempt to alter its trajectory), I will now bunny hop my way around the edges of the map (or soar into the wild black yonder in GSF) until the match is over.

I apologize if my behavior is disrupting your gameplay. Unfortunately for me, PvP is the only, easiest, way for me to gain the 35,000 necessary conquest points for the reward this week thanks to my preferred content (playing flashpoints for fun) has been severely gimped thanks to the patch.

However, from this moment on, instead of dancing (or repeatedly flying into an asteroid in GSF in an attempt to alter its trajectory), I will now bunny hop my way around the edges of the map (or soar into the wild black yonder in GSF) until the match is over.

Or maybe you could actually try.

Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson

All of that said, we will be revisiting the way Warzone Objectives work in 2.10 to put more emphasis on wins and, over time, we may raise the value of other activities (such as Flashpoints) to ensure that things remain competitive and interesting. We are committed to tweaking the system until it better accomplishes its goals

They are putting an emphasis on WZ wins, which will hopefully stop the WZ dancing. :cool:

Edited by SwinglineCamp
Adding Quote By

You people suck. And I don't even PvP.

That sounds.... fun?

Seems legit. Carry on, friend!

Had similar in GSF this week and a couple times I've had teammates that just huddled around the capital ship waiting to lose.

Not a huge problem given how many games I've played without that issue (couple dozen this week, easily), but still pretty douchy. Pretty sure someone predicted WZ/GSF matches with this happening when it was first announced you got the reward regardless of victory/performance/actually putting forth the tiniest effort. Glad to hear BW is looking into emphasizing winning.

Because, honestly? GSF is cruel enough to new players without them having a possibility of half their team literally not playing.

Funny, but I don't have to step foot into PvP and get 35k on multiple toons every week while still holding down a 60-70 hour a week real life job. While I may not need to learn to play, you might just want to.

TW, I'm hoping that you're not actually doing this, but only saying you are as a method of expressing disagreement with the change, and trying to draw attention to it.

If, however, you actually are engaging in this truly selfish behavior, purposefully making other player's gameplay worse, as some sort of "protest", I've lost any respect I could have had for you as a reasonable person.

I don't see anything wrong with it honestly. It means easier kills and more damage. :rak_03:

Only for the other team ...

Edited by Khevar

I am by no means a pvper and I never will be either. I have been doing more pvp since strongholds came out, mainly for decorations conquest points is just a side benefit. I suck at it and in general I am a drag on any team I might be on, however I do put forth the effort and I do try because there are others who really enjoy it and I do not want to hinder their enjoyment of this aspect of the game. I am improving at it and I do not spend most of my time running back to the fight anymore, I even topped the charts at the end once, gonna stess once. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. To those who are just dancing or going afk you should try participating some, people will hate you less.

Solo group PvP, expect some silliness. Matches are short and maybe you can win the next one.

Is it the right thing to do, not really; but we can't complain becasue it's just casual gaming.

You can't change the way people behave, where there is a will there is a way

Thank you kindly.

Since I only queue with guildies, I'll happily smash their faces and smile while doing it.

You should have to reach at least a minimum medal count before having the 500 conquest points. Thats really pathetic if all you are going to do is stand there and do nothing.

Unfortunately, that would only screw over the player who is simply bad at PvP, no matter how much they try. I know players who have earned 0 medals over and over again in GSF simply because they suck.

Unfortunately, that would only screw over the player who is simply bad at PvP, no matter how much they try. I know players who have earned 0 medals over and over again in GSF simply because they suck.

If you are at least trying, you should be getting at least a few medals. The minimum shouldn't have to be outrageous number but people standing somewhere doing nothing is a waste. If you can't fight, at least defend objectives or throw out heals if you can.

GSF works a bit differently because there is such a huge advantage over those with a fully upgraded ship or a using a certain type of ship. PVP is at least bolstered, so those with pvp gear will have a advantage but they not as huge by comparison.

/raiseshand

That would be me.. I suck at GSF...

Keep in mind they want MORE people to do these things. Tying medal gains to the daily, that would just kill GSF I'm sure...

As for the PvP warzone daily, I don't think medals is the answer... There are so many ways to get medals without even trying, you're only delaying the inevitable laydown...