Galatic Strongholds is a Complete Waste

MCHentz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This expansion was a complete waste of resources. Player housing? I could see the star fighter thing it was not for me but I'm sure it was a positive thing for the game. The priority's of BW lately are bad!

Actually, a lot of players have wanted in game housing since launch. they waited a LONG time to get it. In my opinion, stronghold is an excellent example of BioWare actually listening to the player base, and giving them what they wanted! This is definitely not a 'waste' and has breathed new life into this game, encouraging many players to go back to old content (invigorating the FP and OPs queue time as well as planet player populations), as well as adding another deep level of customization to your account.

So, just because it isnt content you called for, doesnt mean it isnt content the majority of players wanted. Dont worry, your third huttball arena will come soon.

Edited by Kintosi

This expansion was a complete waste of resources. Player housing? I could see the star fighter thing it was not for me but I'm sure it was a positive thing for the game. The priority's of BW lately are bad!

Though I was really looking forward to star fighter, I actually think strongholds is a much better addition to the game.

Legacy storage and the travel points are extremely useful. The rest, well, decorating isn't as fun as it could be, since so many items are so costly or from the CM or yet to be introduced, but it is something to put together over time.

I also appreciate people actually doing some of the older content again (albeit for decoration drops).

It was best for the game it created incentives for players to run old content.

I don't see this as a bad thing at all.

It was best for the game it created incentives for players to run old content.

I don't see this as a bad thing at all.

It's absolutely ghastly. Awful. Insulting. Depreciative. All-out moronic. Nonsensical. (...) Silly. (...) Sleep-inducing.

After all, I can say with the utmost confidence I've ran Eternity Vault close to one(!) million times and as such, Bioware should have sent one million statues of the Rakata fellow - rising up his spear, trying to valiantly pierce the heavens - to my most humongous stronghold on Nar Shaddaa.

They did not. They are at fault. Measures must be taken. :mad:

/cancels sub

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Though I was really looking forward to star fighter, I actually think strongholds is a much better addition to the game.

Legacy storage and the travel points are extremely useful. The rest, well, decorating isn't as fun as it could be, since so many items are so costly or from the CM or yet to be introduced, but it is something to put together over time.

I also appreciate people actually doing some of the older content again (albeit for decoration drops).

That right there. I was working on one of my many alts the other night, an operative, and kept getting "use your ship to travel to so and so" and "return to Keeper" etc. Sure, you could hop on a speeder, slog over to the nearest taxi, head to the spaceport, get on your ship (or use the starship travel legacy perk if it's off cool down; personally, I haven't bought it for all 22 characters and likely won't). Or, head to your stronghold, exit to ship, receive bacon. Sure there's a lot of fluff in package but at least no one's forcing you to use the rest of it.

That, and having a place with our own gtn, mail box, item mod bench, all 3 types of cargo hold in one spot etc. I'm still surprised they gave us mod benches after so long without them in our ships. Now if we could have priority boxes and dropofff points, we'd be set.

Edited by Macarrin

Personally, I'm having tons of fun, both with my guild and with my stronghold, and given the number of posts by others saying the same, I'd say you're in a small minority, OP. Honestly, if you can't find *something* in this wide ranging update that makes you happy, I'm not sure what exactly you're doing in game. There's virtually nothing this doesn't add to.

Yeah, sorry. In reality this expansion is one of the overall best received and hugely popular ones. It has revitalized both crafting, guilds, and older content. It also added a HUGE QoL improvement to practically every player and has even - arguably- shortened PVP and group finder Queue lines. It has also made Bioware a lot of cash, because they not only lowered the price of the corresponding cartel pack but added another item roll to it to boot. They've sold thousands.

Waste of resources? The devs probably threw a party.

well if they want incentives to run old content,make a Nightmare version of the flashpoints, with good drops,for example Black Talon, or such. tough enough you can not solo it,and it take a full team,have it drop lvl 180 items.

as for me my 3 strongholds only have 1 item in each, a legacy storage, for me everything else is a waste also and not needed. I almost feel that this early access is a late extended beta of the full release . and we are finding bugs and exploits for them ,that were not found on the PTS. I was a beta tester for Diablo 2 which had like 10k testers,and some bugs did not come out until it was released and 250k players were on the servers.So I know finding bugs is a never ending task.

Yeah, sorry. In reality this expansion is one of the overall best received and hugely popular ones. It has revitalized both crafting, guilds, and older content. It also added a HUGE QoL improvement to practically every player and has even - arguably- shortened PVP and group finder Queue lines. It has also made Bioware a lot of cash, because they not only lowered the price of the corresponding cartel pack but added another item roll to it to boot. They've sold thousands.

Waste of resources? The devs probably threw a party.

Yeah I actually bought CC to buy crates with coins rather then credits for this set, as did many others I know. I wouldn't be suprised if they are raking it in right now...

Let me guess OP, you only like one thing in this game, and since you got Strongolds instead of an upgrade to whatever it is you prefer you feel like Bioware gave you a wedgie and did the

point to you... Edited by XiamaraSimi

I love my houses. This is probably the best thing they've done, since release. Up until now, I've been disappointed with pretty much all the updates. Housing at least gives me something to do, and keeps me busy. I hope this will keep me occupied until such time as we get more class and companion stories. I haven't given up on that dream yet.

strongholds could have been way better, it is kind of rudimentary to be honest

-the hooks should have more customization

-put in nodes for movement through the stronghold for the companions and the pets/droids, or better yet let players customize the companion/pet/droid movements.

-have companions interact with things in your stronghold (sit on furniture, interact with consoles, etc..)

-let vendors draw from legacy bank (especially the prefab vendors)

a few suggestions I think would make the actual stronghold better.

The good thing from this is giving some value to lower level crafting materials which is cool, and giving me an actual reason to run older ops which, again, is cool.

could be much better though

Housing is good thing it adds more interesting rewards everywhere. But they did too easy system. Wisiting others strongholds is pointless and the hook system makes this houses more like dead museums with not much difference.

If they will add more stuff in it and change the hook system - great, but I feel that they will left it as is for a long (except more cartel packs) like other gameplay things.

Edited by APCrol

I don't think there is anything wrong with expressing this view. At the same time, however, I would ask the OP if they feel that everyone does or should feel the way they do.

I would add, from my own perspective, that Strongholds seems to be to be a FAR more popular addition to the game then GSF.

It's working for me, and with a minimum of effort. Not only do these places look great, now we can have all the storage boxes in one location. That's an incredible perk and works well when you're dealing with alts. It's also a lot faster to zip around and circumvent the fleet pass. Just zip to your stronghold and exit to fleet, or the planet, or your ship. No more wasting time getting into your ship for the thousandth time.

Good job, Bioware. And thanks.

What a new and interesting topic. You couldn't have posted your opinion in one of the many threads whining about Strongholds? So you don't like player housing.....that's nice.....newsflash, a lot of people like it. Every single feature of this game doesn't need to cater personally to your tastes.