How to kill Commander Zaoron?

Forrasis

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a heroic 2+ and you're unfortunately very undergeared for it if you're still using tionese.

you should have gotten a lot of 66 gear as you did all of the quests. i'd suggest starting with that as well as getting a mainhand from makeb or CZ-198 rep vendors and find a friend to go with you.

i'm very well-geared as well as my companion and went with another very well-geared player and companion and still found them a bit tough to handle.

It's also useful to use a dps companion, like Revel or HK. I know a lot of sorcerers like to run with Khem, but the faster this thing gets dead the better. Interrupts are very important too. And use Heroic moment as well. It would be easier for you, if you wear atleast 66 augmented purple. Good luck. :) Edited by Lunafox

it's a heroic 2+ and you're unfortunately very undergeared for it if you're still using tionese.

you should have gotten a lot of 66 gear as you did all of the quests. i'd suggest starting with that as well as getting a mainhand from makeb or CZ-198 rep vendors and find a friend to go with you.

i'm very well-geared as well as my companion and went with another very well-geared player and companion and still found them a bit tough to handle.

The Watchower isn't a Heroic 2. That's actually solo content.

Just interrupt Reaping/Harvest and run away or stun him during Ravage.

The Watchower isn't a Heroic 2. That's actually solo content.

Just interrupt Reaping/Harvest and run away or stun him during Ravage.

No, that doesn't work. Also healer companions are useless. When I asked for tips in general chat after I died about six times, the overwhelming consensus was to bring a friend or be overgeared. And this was coming from people that had way better gear than me.

Man I found that guy really annoying he has 3 heavy dmg powers that are dangerous and if not for my strangely better geared than me healer companion I'd have had to call in help. Now I'm the same gear as my healer and can do it much easier.

I solo him on my Marauder, Guardian and Juggernaut with a healer companion. I have the roughest time with the Marauder because of damage mitigation. However, it's still quite doable.

Interrupts and stuns are key.

As for gear, I have all 156-rated gear, and at least 140-rated on the companions (but a lot of 156). I don't think your Tionese set bonus is enough to overcome the sheer upgrade in stats you'd get just from putting the Makeb vendor mods in your gear.

You can always group up with people, too. it makes it go faster. But, the main thing is to quickly upgrade with the pieces of gear you've been given, but I'm assuming you've been doing that. That's my recommendation, anyway: see if you can group up for it. It's still new enough that people are doing the story missions fairly regularly. It shouldn't take too long before you find someone who's on the same part you are.

Man I found that guy really annoying he has 3 heavy dmg powers that are dangerous and if not for my strangely better geared than me healer companion I'd have had to call in help. Now I'm the same gear as my healer and can do it much easier.

Yeah, that's what is frustrating for me. I've been trying to do it on my sentinel and have just been getting owned repeatedly. And the problem is, my healer companion is woefully undergeared because I never used him while leveling - or for anything for that matter. I primarily used Kira and HK.

This encounter seems to be designed for those that either have a well-geared healer companion or are in a group.

He is definitely tough, as others have said, but interrupts are the key. I have beaten him with my assassin with DPS or tank companions. Heroic moment helps too. As a marauder it is a little tougher due to the damage you can take, so a healer comp helps.

I would say overall Oricon elites and bosses are more demanding as far as mechanics go. You really need to know your interrupts and when to use them.

I'm trying kill Commander Zoron (quest "The Hand That Sees" at Oricon) with my sorc. I get 55 yesterday, now I have tionese/artefact gear. I've tried lighting and corruption spec, but it's too strong for me.

if your a healer then HK-51 (with 66 gear comp+me)works well but today I think that all healing is not working in PvP as well as PvE some times it take 1-3 trys with may sorcerer and the same with my Jk but some how my healer wont heal as she did in the past few days, but today after 9 trys they dont heal you and the damge is up some how!

I have killed this guy on all of my characters regardless of their spec(s) on the first go-around. I was a little worried when I stepped in on my Sorc and Op healers, but even that was a breeze. Granted my characters are all "very well geared" in set bonus 72 or better, but even taking that away all my guys have the tools to beat this guy regardless of gear. You could do this in old Dread Guard\Campaign gear.

You have interrupts, stuns\holds, and some classes have a knockback in addition to that. This is more than enough to survive his first wave of heavy-hitting casts\channels, and after that it's a joke. Sometimes I ran into a second wave of these channels on my healers since their DPS isn't the greatest, but by then your interrupt is back at least so you can stop one of them and then just polish him off.

Edited by Eitetsu

I'm trying kill Commander Zoron (quest "The Hand That Sees" at Oricon) with my sorc. I get 55 yesterday, now I have tionese/artefact gear. I've tried lighting and corruption spec, but it's too strong for me.

Here is what helped me...I used Khem Val. I put the bubble on him, set him on ahead, and then I remained far enough back for the interrupts and knock backs to work. With Khem tanking it was a breeze for my SI sorc.

I use Andronikos about 95% of the time...and while possible, it's harder with him. Same with HK, but this is for sorc only. A dps friend is very good for a tank to take in, if your toon's dps isn't quite up to snuff. I personally use Quinn, because that's what works best on that boss for my Jugg. For my Mara, I either use Quinn, or HK. I find killing it quick to be a viable solution. Good luck :)

Edited by Lunafox

My sorc healer is much better geared, but I've always used Ashara as "tank". Obviously she isn't a tank but a sort of marauder but with my static barrier and heals I can keep her alive just fine.

The key really is gear and play smart. You want at least the 66 gear which you can craft and get as quest rewards on Oricon on the first run through but interrupts are really the key beyond that.

To be honest, it's not completely easy, but it can be done. You just have to manage switching between healing Ashara and dps'ing the commander and using interrupts. His casts are quite long if you are used to doing ops, but not everybody does those.

Now personally, I think you are playing the game wrong. Tionese level gear is level 51. You can use planetary commendations if you have the expansion for Makeb and get 58 mods with that. That's what we used to call Rakata gear. This is available at level 50 already and at level 55 you can get this 66 gear. Even the blue versions are already an upgrade to be honest. Just understand that this is an MMO and gearing is part of the gameplay. You can't just level on thinking you can manage everything without a minimum of gear. Before the cap was raised from 50 to 55 the max gear was level 63 gear (dread gear). Of course when the level cap raise came, that became outdated quickly.

It seems to me you'd be better of getting gear before level 55 instead of just leveling to 55 and then start thinking about gearing. Before level 50 you can get away with some of that but as of level 50 you really want to look at gearing a lot more. Cybertech can be a big help and the 66 artifact gear is not that expensive to get if you need hilts and all that.

So yeh, there are a few "bosses" for the daily quests that are trickier than before but with a bit of gear and some basic tactics, these are all perfectly doable.

Just a few things...

- He is a GOLD Idiot ( Elite ), no Boss. Problem? none.

On your way to 55 u should have killed a few of those.

- Somewhere on your way from 1-55 u get Interrupts, Knockbacks, Stuns or

whatever to stop your Enemys from casting / channeling

- Legacy skills, your heroic moment is a nice heal.. u knew it enables special

Attacks u can unlock with other chars at lvl 50? Awesome huh?

- Gear your companions too.. and if u just buy green lvl 55 gear from the GTN

- using lvl 51 mods is a excuse. Planetary comms to buy 58 (Rakata) FOR FREE..

The quests before Watchtower grant rewards with 66 mods and even basic comms to buy more stuff.

Grab at least the 66 hilt/barrel from the GTN.. with all those missions to 55 u should be able to afford those..

So! If u are no "E-bay" 55, u should know everything to kick a Elite mob, using all your abilitys.. not just afk group follow.

He's about the hardest hitting Gold in the game IMO. I can take him without using Heroic Moment on my Jugg (with DPS comp) or Sniper (with healing comp) but he is definitely a challenge on my lesser geared alts. Interrupts/stuns/knock backs and heroic moments combined don't guarantee victory if you make a single small mistake

You guys are making this WAY to hard. I am under geared my earpiece is level 50 as are my implants. I beat this guy in less than a minute. Here is how. I am a sorc so I have to interrupts already...then use legacy force choke, and legacy dirty kick for a total of 4. By the time you go through them they are up again. I used DPS companion. This fight was to easy. Just interrupt and it is over. All you have to do is survive his first round of heavy dps and with all the interrupts that is a breeze.....

I've beaten him with all of my alts some well geared some.. well, I'll call it geared by default. Lol. So interrupt, interrupt interrupt as has been stated. But here are a few observations.

First... yes, his channeled attacks hit hard, but your interrupts should stop enough of them to get you through. You should have at least 3 interrupting abilities, you will need to use them all. And for the love of Yoda.. move. His attacks are channelled so move away from them when you can.

Secondly, your class makes a big difference here. You can beat him with all classes, but how you do it will be very different. Tanks can stand their ground with him, even without heals (in fact, I don't recommend heals as you want good dps on him). But you will see the damage he can do. Dps classes... its a dps race. And yes, depending your class you want to keep him away from you. Use your tanking companion and have him engage, then go to town and don't forget to interrupt. Heals, its all in the bubble. Lol. Keep your tank up and dps when you can and you will whittle him away and... interrupt of course. Oh, btw... get behind him if you can. Best to stay out of his saber throw as well.

And don't go in there with your companion in 43 greens and expect to win. Your companion should be as well geared as possible. You don't need 69s or 72s, but 66 blues will be very helpful.

I've yet to use heroic moment on the guy because quite frankly I forget I have it. It is a good fight, but... I have encountered tougher elites. Much tougher actually.

It is either your gear or your skill at your class that determines whether or not you can solo Oricon(or a combination of both)

I went through with a 56 geared marauder and soloed everything easily with a 44 main hand and an under geared Malevai.( didn't use heroic moment)

I just interrupted his channels when I could and popped defenses when I couldn't and had no trouble.

I've beaten him with all of my alts some well geared some.. well, I'll call it geared by default. Lol. So interrupt, interrupt interrupt as has been stated. But here are a few observations.

First... yes, his channeled attacks hit hard, but your interrupts should stop enough of them to get you through. You should have at least 3 interrupting abilities, you will need to use them all. And for the love of Yoda.. move. His attacks are channelled so move away from them when you can.

Secondly, your class makes a big difference here. You can beat him with all classes, but how you do it will be very different. Tanks can stand their ground with him, even without heals (in fact, I don't recommend heals as you want good dps on him). But you will see the damage he can do. Dps classes... its a dps race. And yes, depending your class you want to keep him away from you. Use your tanking companion and have him engage, then go to town and don't forget to interrupt. Heals, its all in the bubble. Lol. Keep your tank up and dps when you can and you will whittle him away and... interrupt of course. Oh, btw... get behind him if you can. Best to stay out of his saber throw as well.

And don't go in there with your companion in 43 greens and expect to win. Your companion should be as well geared as possible. You don't need 69s or 72s, but 66 blues will be very helpful.

I've yet to use heroic moment on the guy because quite frankly I forget I have it. It is a good fight, but... I have encountered tougher elites. Much tougher actually.

I had no trouble with a terribly geared Malevai Quinn, and the god gear he did have was just my Marauders old stuff lol so I don't think it counts.