Should we save our TFB "Lock out"?

CrashDDL

I think many of us wonder if there is a chance for the delayed patch to make it later this week or not... We moved S&V for today but by tomorrow night it would be very helpful to know if we should just go ahead and do TFB HM or wait... Knowing if the patch would reset lock out would also help a lot. Can we get a confirmation from the DEV's on this?

I don't expect anyone coming in here to say "It will be out on Friday", but I would imagine that based on the seriousness of the problem, the DEV team already have an idea whether this is possible to fix fast or not.

Edited by CrashDDL

This is the only statement we got regarding the patch:

So it sounds like they may be able to fix the bugs this week and bring out 2.2 on Thursday or Friday like they did before for patches. But of course. there is always the chance that they won't make it in time. Since they are usually not working on the weekend, I would expect the patch to come next Tuesday in that case. Based on previous patches, I would expect the lockout to carry over, and that HM and NiM will share their lockout.

In my raid group, we have scheduled the TFB raid for Friday. If 2.2 is not out by then, we'll run HM. I would encourage you to do the same and run TFB during the weekend. Unless of course you are in hardcore progression guild that has taken the whole week off for vacation and will be able to raid on any day at any time as soon as the patch is live to claim a World First. ;)

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post
I think many of us wonder if there is a chance for the delayed patch to make it later this week or not... We moved S&V for today but by tomorrow night it would be very helpful to know if we should just go ahead and do TFB HM or wait... Knowing if the patch would reset lock out would also help a lot. Can we get a confirmation from the DEV's on this?

I don't expect anyone coming in here to say "It will be out on Friday", but I would imagine that based on the seriousness of the problem, the DEV team already have an idea whether this is possible to fix fast or not.

Great question Crash! I checked with the devs and I would recommend holding your lockout. I have no confirmed release yet but we are trying our best to get it out ASAP, like Jeff said, this week! Hopefully I will have more information on the 2.2 release very soon.

To reiterate, if you want to hit NM TFB this week I would recommend holding your lockout. I will update as soon as I can, especially if that changes!

-eric

Great question Crash! I checked with the devs and I would recommend holding your lockout. I have no confirmed release yet but we are trying our best to get it out ASAP, like Jeff said, this week! Hopefully I will have more information on the 2.2 release very soon.

To reiterate, if you want to hit NM TFB this week I would recommend holding your lockout. I will update as soon as I can, especially if that changes!

-eric

Fair enough, pretty clear. Best efforts to get it out this week and lockouts won't be reset.

-eric

Why don't you just put it on a different lockout all together ? It is a different difficulty with new gear...

Why don't you just put it on a different lockout all together ? It is a different difficulty with new gear...

No kidding. I find the lockout timers a foolish gating mechanic as it is. Separate the 3 tiers since you (Bioware) seem to consider it something "new" vs. HM. I don't, but since you do, I feel it's only right to have individual timers...or is that beyond your technical abilities too?

-eric

Hi Eric,

Not sure if you will reply, and I'm sure there are a dozen threads with this question. But Why isn't Nightmare mode on a seperate lockout? Especially if it includes a new tier of gear?

Thanks in advance for any reply

EDIT: I see that was asked two posts above mine lol i will keep my question here though

Edited by Spyderwraith

That would be very nice to have. It would effectively add to the quantity of end game content which would be a good thing for the game.

I'd imagine the easiest approach would be to flag it as a different raid like EV/KP/EC/S&V are different from TfB.

Hi Eric

My Gild has just completed the fight with Styrak last ID and we are really glad to join the progression on Asation NiM. But please put it on a different lockout as the HC version. Your team has stated that gild live is a factor you want to focus on and my guild and I would really love it to have HC and NiM on different lockouts to not leave the people in our guild behind.

We do not have a fixed group of 8 that will raid each week because we have more members of the skill level and the time so we do rotate and we also do some nights with 2x 8 man groups with some friends outside our gild. But now NiM is approaching and we want to go in there for sure, but we also have to cut one of our "gearing/grinding raids" to be even ready for this challenge.

So this is whats going to happen:

The people will fall more behind because we want to raid NiM. We cannot help them in HC either because we have the lockout reserved for the NiM and with S&V the same will happen. No more change to get the 72 grade gear with the folks which have the experience in the HC version, because the experienced guys are allready farming the 75 gear.

Long story short:

Please put HC and NiM on different lockouts and people will appreciate it!

-eric

I realize you guys might feel you need to get the update out this week because you promised it today and had to postponed. However, I think if you don't have it ready to go on Thursday you should hold off until next week. Friday patches have a way of translating into problems on the weekend and I'd rather not have to deal with server instability, downtimes and potential rollbacks then. Unless you're keeping the team on hand throughout the weekend to deal with any problems that arise of course.

-eric

THanks a lot my one day to raid and i cant get in t he new nightmare mode tonight thanks for nothing

THanks a lot my one day to raid and i cant get in t he new nightmare mode tonight thanks for nothing

Patch delayed because their testing discovered a bug with something in the patch, perfectly sensible reason to delay.

I'm no BW/EA apologist, I'm quite happy to yell at them for numerous reasons, but this isn't one of them.

Patch delayed because their testing discovered a bug with something in the patch, perfectly sensible reason to delay.

I'm no BW/EA apologist, I'm quite happy to yell at them for numerous reasons, but this isn't one of them.

I agree. I'd rather have it "WORK" then break something else when rolled out. In the meantime they could separate the NiM/HM lockout to make it for in line with "New Content" lockouts. :D

If it's not READY by Thursday morning they should pull the PLUG on it until Tuesday. (Yes.. DELAY it until normal maintenance)

Edited by dscount

The problem is that Nightmare raids should not give a new tier of gear.

It should be a choice for the player - Do HM for the gear or NIM for the challenge and acclaim (maybe a guaranteed pet/speeder drop at the end etc..)

Giving a new set of gear with it is a really bad choice imo.

That being said - Thanks for the update, I think most of those wanting to run TFB NiM will have saved their lockout just in case but its nice the reply was so quick :)

Edited by Solar_Breeze

The problem is that Nightmare raids should not give a new tier of gear.

It should be a choice for the player - Do HM for the gear or NIM for the challenge and acclaim (maybe a guaranteed pet/speeder drop at the end etc..)

Giving a new set of gear with it is a really bad choice imo.

That being said - Thanks for the update, I think most of those wanting to run TFB NiM will have saved their lockout just in case but its nice the reply was so quick :)

I honestly think it's to have more grind as "People will need to go through HM for underworld gear and such so to then go into nightmare mode for new gear". BUT to go into nightmare with UW gear you need to burn the hm/NiM lockout so you have a "chance to get UW gear if you roll and win" (and some guilds say you can't win more then one set bonus piece per raid so it will take even longer) so instead of 2-3 weeks it will take you 5-8 weeks because you burn so many HM lockouts to get gear that will make NiM managageable. AND THEN you go through NiM to get the Kell Dragon which takes even longer to get a full set of KD gear.

It's an MMO there should be gear grind however it should be separated by content not by difficulty - For instance there harder the content the more you are rewarded but even with simpler content you should still be given rewards, just more slowly.

did you just not read one of the dev comments its not because of a big its because they put something extra in

Here ya go:

To clarify two points in the thread. Although I don't have exact timing yet, Game Update 2.2 will not be tomorrow (6/11) at all. The maintenance is delayed past tomorrow.

As for the specific bug. What we needed to fix were some critical bugs inside of the the new Nightmare Mode Operation, which would need to be fixed before the Update went live. Upon implementing those fixes the Game Update itself became unstable. That is what we are working through now.

Hope that gives a bit of insight.

-eric

It's an MMO there should be gear grind however it should be separated by content not by difficulty - For instance there harder the content the more you are rewarded but even with simpler content you should still be given rewards, just more slowly.

Sure but giving a new tear of gear to a NiM mode ops that is old news which shares a lockout with the HM which drops UW gear which is what one would need to even bother with NiM is just stupid and blatant forced elongation of the game implemented in the worst way.