The user agreement

LordRashu

Hello for some reason the End User Access and the License agreement has began to pop up every time I start up the game... I can check the boxes and get into the game, but does anyone know why this keeps happening every time I open up the launcher?

• Dev Post
Hello for some reason the End User Access and the License agreement has began to pop up every time I start up the game... I can check the boxes and get into the game, but does anyone know why this keeps happening every time I open up the launcher?

I will send this over to the team and see if we can figure out what the issue is.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Thank you. Hope to hear something about this soon...

Wonder if this has something to do with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update, as I know I have seen several issue pop up over the past week since the update went out. Maybe something to check into at least.. at least for any of those who are Windows 10 users.

I know this seems to have been one of a handful of issues SWTOR folk have been having since that update...at least from what I have seen

Eric there has been a Lot of /bugs, even ones i haven't reported because i don't want to be a bother to people. I never had these problems before til' now.

Also, we need the be able to download the Full game to another Hard drive HDD instead of having it on 2 Hard drives making problems..

Also, we need the be able to download the Full game to another Hard drive HDD instead of having it on 2 Hard drives making problems..

Can you elaborate ?

The easiest way to install the game anywhere even not using the setup file is to create a folder anywhere on any drive you want the game on. eg. f:\games\swtor\

Then run this repair utility which is just a self extracting archive and extract the launcher files directly into that folder.

Create a desktop shortcut for launcher.exe should be all that is needed.

If the game doesn't download use the non streaming launcher settings and the game should be gold.

I have the same bug. Each time I try to log in, I am forced to agree to the user agreements all over again.

Additionally, none of my customized GUI layouts are saved from login to next login. Each time, I need to reset it to extended toobars, uncheck nameplates, and allow same class permissions.

Just installed client a few days ago. Windows 10 creator update. No antivirus installed beyond built-in Windows features. Applications running as administrator (launcher and client). Read/write permissions set up correctly in Documents and Settings as well as game directories.

Both agreements pop up every time I launch the game, whether it's a reboot of the PC or launching multiple times without power cycling.

Don't know if it's related, but.. I started playing on Tython as soon as "ready to play", but some animations were off, even after the full client finished downloading. Restarted the game and everything appeared correct, minus the terms agreements popping up every time. Maybe something got stuck since I started playing before the client was done downloading? I only mention this as a possibility because other things were acting up too.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update! We believe we know what might be causing this but the team is still investigating. I will give you another update early next week once I have more information on the issue and/or any potential fixes.

In the meantime you can still the access the game by accepting the ToS and EULA. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

-eric

this is also a problem on the unsupported Linux platform using wine(-staging v2.8), and I did notice that the launcher.exe wont create a "eula file" when u have accepted the it and thats why the launcher keeps asking it everytime, but as an temporary workaround; if u have an existing copy you can just use that file and copy&paste it to the gamefiles folder and that should fix it.

I'm curious if this is only affecting bit raider clients. Anyone not use bit raider or has removed it? I don't use bit raider and have never had this issue.

I tried to with bit raider, then did a reinstall to get rid of bit raider. Both with and without it has me accepting every time.. :)

I have the same bug. Each time I try to log in, I am forced to agree to the user agreements all over again.

Additionally, none of my customized GUI layouts are saved from login to next login. Each time, I need to reset it to extended toobars, uncheck nameplates, and allow same class permissions.

I'm having this exact same issue on a computer that I recently installed SWTOR on.

Hey folks,

Quick update! We believe we know what might be causing this but the team is still investigating. I will give you another update early next week once I have more information on the issue and/or any potential fixes.

In the meantime you can still the access the game by accepting the ToS and EULA. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

-eric

Eric, just to clarify, will both the need to accept the EULA/rules AND the fact that the game isn't saving the GUI settings be sorted out?

Thanks!

A fix that worked for me so far, which was thanks to kinda saving a backup of an old install shortly after a HD replacement was copy and pasting the eula.settings file from the old saved data I had made into the new files.

So it looks like what's happening is the game isn't making or creating the eula.settings file which would tell the game you already agreed to the TOS and stuff...

So if one happens to be like me and have an old install data backed up or saved of a prior install, try copy/pasting it to see if it works for you...:)

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

This issue has been resolved. The next time you login the game will ask you to sign the ToS and EULA again, but that will only happen one more time. Once you have signed it again, it should stick, and you will no longer need to sign it.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

This issue has been resolved. The next time you login the game will ask you to sign the ToS and EULA again, but that will only happen one more time. Once you have signed it again, it should stick, and you will no longer need to sign it.

Thanks!

-eric

May I note that I am experiencing several DCs while having perfect internet on Red Eclipse? Also its very laggy since the server farm move or whatever you guys did in backend maintenance. Any chance you can look into that?

Thanks!