Are people leaving this server?

PolvinKut

A lot of people have left with the cheap transfers available at the moment But I think the population has stabilised now.

It may improve with the coming expansion but only a monumental effort by bioware in restructuring the game to enable cross server queues will ultimately fix any population issues.

I've transferred about 6 toons to Harb (3 pubs, 3 imps) . It's really a double edged sword when transferring there. The que pops are pretty frequent on Harb. The most I've waited for a game is 2-3 minutes or so.

The quality of pvp on Harb, as you can expect, is absolutely atrocious., particularly on pub side. I've seen everything from bomb plans with 5 players "guarding" the door, to tanks yelling at me for pointing out then have 0 protection stats or calling me a noob for wanting protection while I carry the huttball. I've only been playing there for about 2 weeks and I have countless stories like this.

I won't transfer all my toons there, but I'm faced with either waiting 30 minutes and hopefully get a full game on Bastion, or get many games with the hope of not being bunched with little kids who have no experience doing 8v8 ranked matches. The struggle is real man lol

Edited by Black-Cell

Harb pops are typically under 3m all day on either faction in either bracket. The longest I've waited for a reg is 5m. Solo queue pops ~10 hours a day in 5m or less as well. Honestly, there is no reason to stay on Bastion anymore. The pops are slow, most of the better players already left, leaving a pretty dreary scene behind.

One thing you will immediately notice when you transfer, though. Harb is almost nothing but FOTM classes. Expect at least 8/16 players to be AP PT or some flavor of Sorc, every game, in every bracket. Very rare for that not to be the case. Harbinger is also very healer heavy, both factions. 4-6 per game (combined) is not at all uncommon, up to 5 per team has happened occasionally.

I checked out the East coast pvp server and they are complaining its dead there too... I refuse to xfer to a pve server .. Never played on a pve server and never will. PvP server all the way

Then you will have to content with a nearly empty server and horrible gtn. On the harbinger, there are always people flag on yavin or currently with the gree event. The gtn is always stock with plenty of items and at cheaper prices. What I notice is that across many mmorpg with a server that has an unhealthy populations generally have items in gtn that are cheaper, but availability of rare items is limited. Healthy populated server, but no mega large generally sell items at a higher price than on the mega servers. When I first transferred my 50's, the items on gtn were always more expensive on Bastion, but now they are cheaper. The Bastion fits the pattern I notice with server population. Bastion has an unhealthy population. The other day I log in on both my imp and pub side and it was nearly empty. How Bastion has fallen. That reminds me of all those threads encouraging our pvpers to transfer over to Bastion. Didn't work out how they imagine I bet.

• 3 weeks later...

The quality of pvp on Harb, as you can expect, is absolutely atrocious., particularly on pub side.

Question, would you say the solo Imperial RANKED Warzones are fairly equal faction wise, or slanted in favour of the Empire or Republic in terms of not getting baddies on your team? I've had some bad luck this season on my solo Imps and while I'm not great, the players I kept getting were forgetting to use their class buffs and had no stims on.

Question, would you say the solo Imperial RANKED Warzones are fairly equal faction wise, or slanted in favour of the Empire or Republic in terms of not getting baddies on your team? I've had some bad luck this season on my solo Imps and while I'm not great, the players I kept getting were forgetting to use their class buffs and had no stims on.

Ranked is 100% imps. No one queues pub over there for ranked.

Ranked is 100% imps. No one queues pub over there for ranked.

So Imp vs Imp.

Hmmm, well better than TEH, there it seems like all the skilled players are pubs (I only ever seem to win ranked on my less geared and skilled pub toons instead of my main imps).