battlefield computer specs help

clonewarsisbest

a few months ago i bought a refurbished hp gaming pc from newegg, before i bought it i showed several of my friends who know alot about pc's and i show them the pc's specs, they all said it would work good for gaming. i have used the pc on swtor and it works good (few lags and graphics arent that bad), but when i play on the bf4 beta its a different story. the game is laggy, the reacting time is slow, and it takes three to five minutes to join a server. this is my first time playing a fps on a pc and i know that betas are full of bugs but it just seems that i am having to much trouble. do i need to get a graphic card or what, can you guys plz help me out.

Computer specs:

8 GB of RAM

1 TB of memory

64-bit AMD core processor

Windows 8

Edited by clonewarsisbest

Yeah you probably are limited by having no graphics card, especially for a graphic intensive game. I suspect you were able to play SWTOR fine enough because the processor had one of the onboard graphics and swtor requirements are relatively low.

Yeah you need a graphics card.

You know where to go for one. Hint its from the same place you bought your computer. They have great prices.

Edited by Nickious

It might help but to be honest it seems a bit on the cheap side and a bit outdated and I have doubts it will be a great help if you were to get into gaming further.

You might want to try http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

I'm no means a tech expert, so I could be wrong but I think you would need to spend a bit more (within the 100$ price range at least) in order to perform half way decent for a game like Battlefield 4.