High Impact Bolt

Talon_Starfire

Attacks that will proc your HiB: Gut(Vanguard only), Stockstrike (once points are put into the skill, Vanguard only), cryo grenade, Full Auto (only on weak mobs that are mezzed by it or other players in pvp), Plasma grenade (Commando only), Grav round (Commando only), Concussion round (Commando only)

If you are in a group with someone/s that have any kind of bleed effect will proc it as well, I am not sure if armor debuff's will allow it to be fired as well, like the smuggler's flourish shot.

Attacks that will proc your HiB: Gut(Vanguard only), Stockstrike (once points are put into the skill, Vanguard only), cryo grenade, Full Auto (only on weak mobs that are mezzed by it or other players in pvp), Plasma grenade (Commando only), Grav round (Commando only), Concussion round (Commando only)

If you are in a group with someone/s that have any kind of bleed effect will proc it as well, I am not sure if armor debuff's will allow it to be fired as well, like the smuggler's flourish shot.

So if Vanguard put points in Heavy Stock?

Thanks

I was wrong, at some point it does proc your HIB, but it's not in the talent build as I see it.

You weren't exactly wrong. More "imprecise".

If you specialize into the "Assault" tree, there is a talent called "Ionic Accelerator" that says the following:

While Plasma Cell is active, Ion Pulse has a [15 / 30 / 45]% chance and Stockstrike has a [20 / 40 / 60]% chance to finish the cooldown on High Impact Bolt and make the next High Impact Bolt free. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6 seconds.

(As an aside: you will know when the "reset" happens because your Vanguard will "laugh" and there is a visual affect associated with it as well.)

So, using Stockstrike will "reset" the cooldown on High Impact Bolt (cooldown is 15s). However, as mentioned in the HiB tooltip:

Fires a very powerful round at the target, dealing x-y weapon damage. Only usable against incapacitated targets and targets suffering from periodic damage.

So, to be able to use HiB (after it has reset or not) the target has to be incapacitated or suffering periodic damage otherwise you cannot use it.

Hope that helps.

For vanguard: tank tree has a DoT effect from stance that will allow it. Always procs on stockstrike.

Tactics tree has gut.

Assault tree has a DoT effect from stance that will always proc from ion pulse.

I'm not sure about commando.

For a Commando the following will allow you to use HiB.

Gunnery Tree:

Debuff from Grav Round

Stunned with Cryo Grenade

Dot from Plasma Grneade

If they're stunned with Concussive Round

Sticky Grenade if they're standard or weak enemies. (Causes them to panic)

Assault Tree:

DoT from Plasma Cell

DoT from Incendiary Round

Stunned with Cryo Grenade

DoT from Plasma Grneade

If they're stunned with Concussive Round

Sticky Grenade if they're standard or weak enemies. (Causes them to panic)

• 2 weeks later...
For vanguard: tank tree has a DoT effect from stance that will allow it. Always procs on stockstrike.

Tactics tree has gut.

Tactics tree has a ability that makes a HiB automatically crit after using gut (within 15 seconds of using gut). That is my favorite tactic. Get the DoT on 'em then rape them with an insta-crit HiB. Using this in conjunction with the tank ion cell DoT ability, spamming HiB as much as possible is easy. I use a 10/31/0 build for pvp to defend healers, and still be able to put down those pesky mara's.

Tactics tree has gut.

Tactics tree has a ability that makes a HiB automatically crit after using gut (within 15 seconds of using gut). That is my favorite tactic. Get the DoT on 'em then rape them with an insta-crit HiB. Using this in conjunction with the tank ion cell DoT ability, spamming HiB as much as possible is easy. I use a 10/31/0 build for pvp to defend healers, and still be able to put down those pesky mara's.

Would you post your build please?

Thanks

Tactics tree has gut.

Combat Tactics only has a 25% chance at making your next HiB an auto crit. But since Gut is DoT, that 25% happens quite often.