Buying/unlocking races

Brolegend

Hi I am returning to the game and I want to play as a different race this time around.

I just subscribed but everytime I try to unlock a different race via the character creation screen it just brings me to swtor.com via my web browser. I have 1645 cartel points, I am assuming this enough to buy a new race and as I said I am now subscribed. What is the problem? :(

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hi I am returning to the game and I want to play as a different race this time around.

I just subscribed but everytime I try to unlock a different race via the character creation screen it just brings me to swtor.com via my web browser. I have 1645 cartel points, I am assuming this enough to buy a new race and as I said I am now subscribed. What is the problem? :(

The problem is that you need to do the purchase while on a character, as what's entailed is the use of an item. ;)

Just log on a character you have and buy the item on the Cartel Market. Should be 600 Cartel Coins per racial unlock if I recall, but I'm not 100% sure of that as I never used one msyelf... I unlocked all races the hard way, bringing a character of that race to 50. :o

Claim the item and then use it. After that you can make a character of that specific race and of any class. :)

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

The problem is that you need to do the purchase while on a character, as what's entailed is the use of an item. ;)

Just log on a character you have and buy the item on the Cartel Market. Should be 600 Cartel Coins per racial unlock if I recall, but I'm not 100% sure of that as I never used one msyelf... I unlocked all races the hard way, bringing a character of that race to 50. :o

Claim the item and then use it. After that you can make a character of that specific race and of any class. :)

What section are the racial unlocks in the in game cartel market? i cant find them...

Yeah that frustrates me too, never understood why they did that but as for your question its best to just log into your character "or if you don't have one yet just make a random one for now" and go through the cartel store in-game go to "unlocks" then scroll though what species you want to unlock then you will be good to go,,,, A little side note all species cost 600cc each to unlock...

found it thank you!
Well, probably too late then, but I would have recommended to not spend valuable CC on a racial unlock and instead use them for many other things. Like the other poster, I always unlock the "hard way", playing that race through to level 50. The Togruta & Cathar are the only ones that are totally locked. All ofhers are faction/class-dependent locks.

• 4 years later...
How does one get a character to level 50 of that race, if that that is not unlocked though? It sounds self contradicting...

Cathar and Togruta must be unlocked through the tokens. End of story.

For the other species (except humans and cyborgs), there are combinations of class and species that can be played anyway, and other combinations that cannot. Example: If you want a Chiss Pubsider or Sith, level a Chiss Agent to 50, and it will unlock all the locked-out combinations for Chiss, just as if you had bought the Chiss token.

For Zabraks, even though all classes can *be* one, you can't be a red Zab on Pubside or a brown Zab on Impside. Levelling a brown Pubside Zab or a red Impside Zab to 50 will unlock both colours of Zab for both factions.