Toth and Zorn NM Mode Strategy

I'm not a fan as it makes the fight boring. But if the others in the group want to do it, I'll go along.

I would prefer something like, the longer he is in Berserk, the more damage he does.

seconded on the boring portion. besides if a group really has to do this to clear toth and zorn, its likely storm and firebrand will nix them oh so hard....

Locking Toth and Zorn in bezerk phase the entire fight to down them.

Exploit? Or simply an alternate strategy?

Thoughts?

It actually requires more dps so I wouldn't call it an exploit. But I've read people say that sometimes it bugs the fight out.

For HM EC, pug or guild raid, I have no problems with my group or any other locking him in beserk since the mechanics break hard with good DPS.

For NiM EC, you better kill it straight up for progression. That's the point of progression, beating the encounter as it was designed. You can run your farm runs however you want though.

I would prefer something like, the longer he is in Berserk, the more damage he does.

I always felt that the NiM "fix" of having him take half damage while Berserk overlooked the actual issue it was intended to solve (namely, this strat). Some kind of growing buff while Berserk would've been so much more apt, especially if it was remarkably unforgiving (like him auto-enraging immediately after the first rock so that, if it doesn't hit him, it's a wipe; hey, it's NiM: it's supposed to be unforgiving).

Even so, I don't see the current "keep him in Berserk" strat as being an exploit, namely because there is a mechanic specifically implemented to discourage it that can be overcome with sufficient gear and/or skill. If keeping him in Berserk was actually an exploit, the developers would have made the discouragement mechanic substantially larger. The closest approximation I can think of is the one-spot strat for the Fabricator Droid in KP: it's obvious from the mechanics of the fight that the developers intended the boss to be pulled around to the different blast zones (seeing as they don't all do the same thing), but the nominal strat became to just ignore the others and focus purely on damage. It obviously wasn't the way they intended it, but it's not an exploit.

It's also not like the Foreman Crusher pillar trick which prevented the tank from taking any damage while simultaneously allowing him/her to keep aggro without any problem thanks to taunt spamming and standing in the fight spot which, while I don't think the developers every actually *called* it an exploit, the effects of it definitely pushed into "exploit" territory. The T&Z lolstrat still requires excellent DPS and a good deal of survivability and healing so it doesn't render the fight moot. As such, while it's cheesey, I don't really think it qualifies as an exploit.

I'm not a fan as it makes the fight boring. But if the others in the group want to do it, I'll go along.

I'm with this guy/gal. It's a lot more fun to manage the dps, switches, phases, etc. Especially when you have 3 melee, and very unbalanced dps on the two bosses like my guild does. That being said, even having a normal 2 range/2 melee composition and doing the fight as inteded would be much more fun than this "locking" strategy.