Pub PvP

majorglory

Pub PvP on this server is disturbing. I have never seen such a discrepancy before in any game that I have played. Our peeps even lack the testicular fortitude to finish a WZ. What is even more disturbing is that the quitters are usually the under geared folks who are simply throwing comms away.

I would love to point out one factor and hope that it gets better over time.. but that is not likely.

Maybe I am alone in what I see, I hope so.

Edited by majorglory

Pub PvP on this server is disturbing. I have never seen such a discrepancy before in any game that I have played. Our peeps even lack the testicular fortitude to finish a WZ. What is even more disturbing is that the quitters are usually the under geared folks who are simply throwing comms away.

I would love to point out one factor and hope that it gets better over time.. but that is not likely.

Maybe I am alone in what I see, I hope so.

Just do what most of the pubs do on this server. Stay at level 49 with 16k-17k hp and own lowbies!!!! Leave right before the wz ends and stay at 49 for a few weeks.

Just do what most of the pubs do on this server. Stay at level 49 with 16k-17k hp and own lowbies!!!! Leave right before the wz ends and stay at 49 for a few weeks.

And they can still receive comms for this?! They just don't get the experience and so don't level up...?

Had really good matches tonite with some pubs, yea I was in some premades with mates and friends but had a blast.

I think everyone's experience is different and usually the try hards that talk smack all match and downgrade everyone is the ones not having fun due to typing and crying so much in chat.

The people that enjoy a win or a lose is the ones having fun and brushing it off like nobody's business.

My 2 pennies. :)

Edited by Caeliux

So that explains why I cant win a damn thing while leveling my new Sniper. Went 0 for 9 last night.

Hmm I thought most of the pubs on this server PvE'd or rerolled to Imp.

Last night was a surprisingly good night for Republic. I won 6/7 games, this is a rarity!

Indeed, Pubs have been doing well last couple of nights. Not sure if they have stepped it up or all the good imps are doing something else.

no coms no experience just smashing lowbies. haha

Well yeah, I suppose you don't need any comms as you could easily get enough to twink your toon prior to 49.

I was wondering why these 2 49ers were constantly leaving the WZ right at the end the other night.

I have been keeping track of my PvP wins and losses for the past few weeks in an excel spreadsheet. At this point I realize I need to restart the project and start including more information than just W/L (class performance, damages, medals, healing, what guilds are winning, what days/times do pubs/imps win, etc.), but at least from a "who is winning?" perspective, the data is still useful.

A few notes on the numbers:

1) I rarely, if ever, leave WZs. If I leave an ongoing WZ, it is because we were losing badly (e.g. lost second door on Voidstar within first 2 minutes) in which case I just recorded it as a loss and moved on.

2) If I join a WZ that has already started, I don't record the outcome. If it is going poorly, I will probably leave. If it is going well and I stay, I don't put it down as a win.

With that in mind, here are the quick numbers. I started recording this on the day 1.6 came out (12/11/12). All games were played on my Republic Level 50 Scoundrel. All of these games reflect SOLO QUEUE ONLY. Although I often queue with my guild, I did not want to include that in this current tally; premades are definitely more likely than the average pug to win.

OVERALL WIN PERCENTAGE: 54%

119 wins - 99 losses

CIVIL WAR WIN PERCENTAGE: 66%

29 wins - 15 losses

VOIDSTAR WIN PERCENTAGE: 56%

23 wins - 18 losses

NOVARE COAST WIN PERCENTAGE: 54%

21 wins - 18 losses

HUTTBALL WIN PERCENTAGE: 53%

21 wins - 19 losses

ANCIENT HYPERGATE WIN PERCENTAGE: 43%

21 wins - 28 losses

WARZONE FREQUENCIES

Hypergate: 23% (49)

Civil War: 21% (44)

Voidstar: 19% (41)

Huttball: 19% (40)

Novare Coast: 18% (39)

Pubs win a lot of Civil War and lose a lot of Hypergate, at least over the last month of my own experiences. The rest are pretty balanced as of now.

Overall, I enjoy the PvP on this server and think that both sides have a pretty good chance of prevailing in WZs. For the most part, it is quite balanced, with both sides showing up with decent premades and good players.

EDIT: Before anyone comments on the sample size, yes, I am aware that a total N of 200 and an individual WZ N of 40 is way less than ideal. Take it or leave it, double check it with your own experiences, but let's avoid the wiki-statistician arguments.

Edited by ktkenshinx

I have been keeping track of my PvP wins and losses for the past few weeks in an excel spreadsheet. At this point I realize I need to restart the project and start including more information than just W/L (class performance, damages, medals, healing, what guilds are winning, what days/times do pubs/imps win, etc.), but at least from a "who is winning?" perspective, the data is still useful.

1) I rarely, if ever, leave WZs. If I leave an ongoing WZ, it is because we were losing badly (e.g. lost second door on Voidstar within first 2 minutes) in which case I just recorded it as a loss and moved on.

2) If I join a WZ that has already started, I don't record the outcome. If it is going poorly, I will probably leave. If it is going well and I stay, I don't put it down as a win.

With that in mind, here are the quick numbers. I started recording this on the day 1.6 came out (12/11/12). All games were played on my Republic Level 50 Scoundrel. All of these games reflect SOLO QUEUE ONLY. Although I often queue with my guild, I did not want to include that in this current tally; premades are definitely more likely than the average pug to win.

OVERALL WIN PERCENTAGE: 54%

119 wins - 99 losses

CIVIL WAR WIN PERCENTAGE: 66%

29 wins - 15 losses

VOIDSTAR WIN PERCENTAGE: 56%

23 wins - 18 losses

NOVARE COAST WIN PERCENTAGE: 54%

21 wins - 18 losses

HUTTBALL WIN PERCENTAGE: 53%

21 wins - 19 losses

ANCIENT HYPERGATE WIN PERCENTAGE: 43%

21 wins - 28 losses

WARZONE FREQUENCIES

Hypergate: 23% (49)

Civil War: 21% (44)

Voidstar: 19% (41)

Huttball: 19% (40)

Novare Coast: 18% (39)

Pubs win a lot of Civil War and lose a lot of Hypergate, at least over the last month of my own experiences. The rest are pretty balanced as of now.

Overall, I enjoy the PvP on this server and think that both sides have a pretty good chance of prevailing in WZs. For the most part, it is quite balanced, with both sides showing up with decent premades and good players.

EDIT: Before anyone comments on the sample size, yes, I am aware that a total N of 200 and an individual WZ N of 40 is way less than ideal. Take it or leave it, double check it with your own experiences, but let's avoid the wiki-statistician arguments.

I know that I play a lot and try to keep track of my wins and losses, but only in ranked. this is crazy!!!!

Republic lowbie PVP is absolutely abysmal in my experience. (I came to this forum to make a rant thread about it, but a post will do.) Constantly the ENTIRE team leaves nodes unguarded, or stands there fighting while others cap right under their nose. As they say in Huttball, really REALLY terrible. There were 3 times in Alderaan when we had 2 nodes early on in the game, and lost one (no, BOTH) at the drop of a hat. Same with Denova. Plus enemy heals went ignored. I tried my best to guide people in chat, but it was unheeded.

I don't understand... are all the F2P rolling a pub as their first characters? Are F2P who don't know english playing pub more, and that's why nobody's paying attention to chat?

It's making me not even feel like PVP-leveling my knight because of the frustration, while I can be pretty confident of a win when I play my imps. The only time our chances seem to fall is when we're against our own faction!

Republic was pretty good on my previous 2 servers, so I don't know why it seems to be so bad, lately. I used to have Republic pride, I wanted to cheer on the scrappy, under-represented faction. But this Po5 underdog is a real, uh, DOG! What happened?

Edited by Stenrik

I'm speaking of 50 pvp, lowbie pvp is just a crap-shoot anyways.

Imps generally just have more premades running around than pub's, especiially durring the week. Weekends, not so much though. I've had my few strings of losses, but not as many as I have had winning.

I hit 50 about a month ago, and most of my games have been pugging, only been in RL for a little over a week now, and my current standings are:

107 W 14 L, but I also have some other interesting statistics with these, and all of these records are solo-que.

Of my 107 W's, 76 of them are with full 4 man premade in the group, 8 more of those wins are with a 6/7 man premade group. The remaining 23 wins were pretty well faught games. Most of these games have ended very closely, such as point difference huttballs, 10% or less - 0% Novare, 50 or less - 0 Civil War, etc.

But, on the flip side to that, of my 14 losses, all but 3 of them were against a 4 man group pub side. Still haven't seen a pub group of over 5 yet though.

I am not going to mention my ratio when I am running with the guild, because it isn't much of a contest. While pub side does have some exceptional players, I don't see near as many cordinated groups running together as I do on Imp side.

And this of course is by no means me trying to illustrate how everyones games are, I am but one small % of countless others out there and these are only my observations.

Guess the tl:dr version of this is:

Pubs, please group up more.

Edited by Kaithrei

I was actually thinking of 'recording' my warzone data too, but then I got kinda slacky.

there are definitely good and bad days, though. sometimes it's hard to get a single win in, and sometimes I manage to finish my weekly in a day (and I don't do that many warzones every day. not as many as some others do, anyway ;D)

So you can put your numbers in the trash. ^^

I think I've won more VS when the first door got capped fast than I lost because usually people wake up then.

Edited by NRN_Hawk

In the week that I've been back in the game at 50, I've won a large majority of my morning WZs and lose a smaller majority of WZs at night. Mostly because premades run at night and randoms suck. Maybe the morning PvPers are stay-at-home dads who are juggling a baby with one arm, I dunno.