Awesome way to ruin an event

remohunta

I thought it was a imp v pub pvp event not everyone vs everyone. That honestly just ruined it for me. The imps arnt the problem its your same faction. Just spent 20 minutes trying to do one quest with a group and just got attacked by our same faction over and over. It was good idea of an event.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factional. Not free for all! I wanted purpose for OPvP, like a faction wide XP buff or something for controlling whatever. Not ganking. Not same faction fighting.

You did not specify. I don't see the problem, faction based or not, it's PVP. Due to the imbalances in factions, they probably thought this was a better way of going about it.

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like I'll be skipping this.

Sounds like I will be doing the same - probably be sticking to section X. Sounds like this event was for PvP players only. I wouldn't even mind so much if it was not for expertise which means I never PvP so really cant play this event.

Edited by Izorii

Factional. Not free for all! I wanted purpose for OPvP, like a faction wide XP buff or something for controlling whatever. Not ganking. Not same faction fighting.

Factions are unbalanced. The only way they could do this is by putting artificial doors on (Imperials) to do these quests - which would come with its own serenade of whining.

Just got done doing the new Gree quests on Ilum and I had no issue with anyone attacking me.

Spent over two hours out there helping people/guildies.

Everyone seemed to be operating on a 'live and let live' philosophy.

I didn't attack anyone and no one attacked me.

I do feel badly for those playing on servers where you get attacked by your own faction, that's crappy.

GG Bioware. Another one fail. Try play this event for Republic on PvP server with faction imbalance at least 2:1 or ever 3:1 between pvp'ers Imps / reps.

Looks like this made for imp majority of players... good luck you loosing reps subs than.

I don't understand what this is saying. Or perhaps I do understand, but don't understand how it relates to the Event. The PvP area is free-for-all, so that faction balance doesn't matter. The rest of the area is just standard PvE territory, no different than the Dune Sea or Voss or Section X.

Or are you complaining that there is PvP on your PvP server? You want less PvP on your PvP server?

I think one of the concerns is that this event ...the ENTIRE event can not be played by people who PVE. there was a lot of discussion before the event about this and most concerns were waved off because having a new event that eliminates greater than 50% of the population just didnt make sense so we assumed they would modify the western shelf to be more "comfortable" for PVEers...this was not the case.

for the record I like my PVP and PVE separate...I do plenty of PVP but in controlled "fair" environment. I actually do a lot of WZs and enjoy them. The gree event has been, in my few hours experience, the worst time I have had in this game.

There is a designated free-for-all area. You can do all of the PVE quests outside of this area. If you go into the free-for-all area, then obviously you can be attacked by any other groups, including groups of your same faction.

I think one of the concerns is that this event ...the ENTIRE event can not be played by people who PVE. there was a lot of discussion before the event about this and most concerns were waved off because having a new event that eliminates greater than 50% of the population just didnt make sense so we assumed they would modify the western shelf to be more "comfortable" for PVEers...this was not the case.

for the record I like my PVP and PVE separate...I do plenty of PVP but in controlled "fair" environment. I actually do a lot of WZs and enjoy them. The gree event has been, in my few hours experience, the worst time I have had in this game.

Actually, don't their statistics show that most people in the game PVP? I thought for sure the PVP-centric population was greater than 50%, meaning the event is still catering to the majority of players.

the complete area is open world PvP...if you AOE near a flagged player you get flagged. It odes not matter if you are in the "PVP" area or not.

There are players who will not get the rep/gear/dailies from this because they do not want to do world PvP...this is one of the reasons Illium failed in the first place (faction imbalance and engine were the other 2).

my personal experience was : no problem on imp isde...played for around 2 hours...was a little confusing, but not a big deal. I switch to pub side and got griefed and ganked in the first 20 minutes...I died 3 times trying to complete a NON PVP mission. signed off...not sure I will go back to the event.

Stop cry, please :rolleyes:
<<<< apparently a griefer. There needs to be clear defined and fair PVP areas, separate from PVE. Open PVP greifing area's = Fail. WZ type PVP is far more balanced, even though that is broken (smash, bubble stun). Edited by DakotaDoc

the complete area is open world PvP...if you AOE near a flagged player you get flagged. It odes not matter if you are in the "PVP" area or not.

There are players who will not get the rep/gear/dailies from this because they do not want to do world PvP...this is one of the reasons Illium failed in the first place (faction imbalance and engine were the other 2).

my personal experience was : no problem on imp isde...played for around 2 hours...was a little confusing, but not a big deal. I switch to pub side and got griefed and ganked in the first 20 minutes...I died 3 times trying to complete a NON PVP mission. signed off...not sure I will go back to the event.

If you define a PVP area as somewhere that you can do something to cause yourself to get flagged, then you should consider every single area of the game that both factions can reside a PVP area.

<<<< apparently a griefer. There needs to be clear defined and fair PVP areas, separate from PVE. Open PVP greifing area's = Fail WZ type PVP is far more balanced, even though that is broken (smash, bubble stun).

There are clearly defined PVP areas, separate from PVP. The contested area is for PVP, everywhere else is PVE. And if you're going to argue balanced then I hope you're not going to also push for factional world PVP...

I play on a PVE server...are you telling me, that I won't be able to enjoy any of the content, because its all pvp stuff?

Why do they always give to the PVP crowd. So unfair. I don't want to spend hours trying to get a thing cause I get ganked over and over by idiots. I hate PVP. I play on a PVE server for a reason, so why do they keep forcing PVP sht on those that don't want it?

I'm disgusted. :mad: