Conquest as a game feature will die for all but the largest guilds

xordevoreaux

in my opinion the top 10 guilds into a yield shall have titles, the first one can get the planet

This has been said a few times, and I fully agree with it, the top 1 or 2 guilds are nearly always the same, but the rest of the 8, does vary a lot, so it would help with achievements, and titles, if all top ten got it. And as I've said multiple times, it would help alleviate the stranglehold some guilds have on it

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you propose that wouldn't inadvertently punish a big guild for simply being big while still somehow being equitable on a player level? If you actually stop and think about the problem and the various angles I'm sure you'll see there is no simple solution.

here's a simple solution: make all planets available for invasion every week

BW could do that, yes but what would it change in regard to small guilds. Large guilds would still win, A few more of the larger guild may just, may get a within the top 10. Small guilds still won't be in with a shot.

Anyone can join a large guild, their turn over of players is very high as they often remove any player that A. does not login within a month/week or B. does not get a set amounts of conquest points.

It is a player choice about what kind of guild they join to what suits their game choice. Doing what you say here will have very little affect on the game. That's not saying it should not happen as a game manganic, just won't change anything as far as larger guilds always being top.

As I have already said in other threads, conquests as far as I am concerned is in the best place it has ever been in, nothing BW could do will ever please everyone who plays this game. Being in a guild and what kind of guild is the players choice.

Once the largest mega-guilds from the 5 east coast us servers converge onto one conquest board, all other guilds can give up on getting onto the boards for the rest of the life of the game.

If you're in a guild that can pull about 2 to 8 m a week on a conquest board, and wind up still there at the end of the week, it's over for you. We're talking about guilds in excess of pulling down 100m a week on the conquest boards competing with one another.

The rest of us will just watch from the sidelines, knowing we can't even hope to get to 10th place on any of the boards no matter which conquest it is or how many planets are out there.

It's over for us.

Agree, a scheme shall be prepared. Let's say if your guild got over 100 mil you cannot invade small yield, over 300 mil you cannot invade medium.

Also 2 weekly planets per each yield would be another IMPORTANT if not, CRITIC change that need to be happen.

This has been said a few times, and I fully agree with it, the top 1 or 2 guilds are nearly always the same, but the rest of the 8, does vary a lot, so it would help with achievements, and titles, if all top ten got it. And as I've said multiple times, it would help alleviate the stranglehold some guilds have on it

Excellent idea, after all what bonus does a guild have if that guild is second in the leaderbord? Nothing

Top 10 guilds in leaderboard shall have titles for that planet, first one keep the name on it and the rest get titles.

We need to make a thread with this idea together for sure.

Better solution, separate the achievements from the leader board entirely. Base completion of the achievements on the number of times that the guild has completed an invasion of that planet (meaning they complete their weekly yield for whichever yield target their choose). BW has already stated they have considered separating the planets from the yield sizes. Whether that would mean rotating all planets through the three yield sizes or allowing a guild to select which planet they wish to invade when choosing their yield target, I do not know, but the planets must also be decoupled from the yield sizes. Third, change the Conquest Commander's shield mechanic so that any guild that has completed their Conquest target for the week is able to remove the shield. Currently, the guild that controls a planet is able to remove the Conquest Commander's shield early, all others must wait for it to drop (a 3- or 6-hour timer, IIRC). They retain that ability until some other guild conquers the planet, meaning that guild took the top spot on the leader board for that planet. Change that so that once a guild has completed their Conquest for the week they gain the ability to drop the shield. This would mean that the ability is lost every Tuesday and is only regained once the guild has completed their Conquest target.

Doing those two things would open up the achievements and the Conquest Commanders to all guilds, not just those that are able to take the top spot on the leader board.

Leave it so that the guild that takes the top spot on the leader board still gets their name on the planet, thus making the leader board and the top spot on the leader board purely for vanity.

Edited by ceryxp

excellent so here we are on the same page.

I can make it happen but i need help for it too.

My discord is : Darius.Antonio#6336

The rest of us will just watch from the sidelines....

Well, the rest of SOME people will watch from the sidelines, I suppose. I couldn't care less abut this aspect of SWtOR and I doubt I'm alone. I never join guilds in mmorpgs anyway.(heck, I don't even group with anyone unless it's with RL friends and family) because ultimately I find being in a guild is a chore. If Onslaught dies, it dies. It's gaming evolution in action.

Well, the rest of SOME people will watch from the sidelines, I suppose. I couldn't care less abut this aspect of SWtOR and I doubt I'm alone. I never join guilds in mmorpgs anyway.(heck, I don't even group with anyone unless it's with RL friends and family) because ultimately I find being in a guild is a chore. If Onslaught dies, it dies. It's gaming evolution in action.

I do hope your realize you're replying to a thread someone recently necroed, a thread which I posted in 2017 before the last server merge. What needed to be said then does not reflect the conditions we have now.

I do hope your realize you're replying to a thread someone recently necroed, a thread which I posted in 2017 before the last server merge. What needed to be said then does not reflect the conditions we have now.

What do you think about the idea of having 6 yields constantly, or more guilds to acces titles of conquering.

After all , what does a guild getting for being in top 10 even if it's not the first in that yield?