Launch day bugs STILL a thing??

Mallagant

6 o'clock AM, lowest population timeslot, and server lag spikes north of 37000ms while trying to do DK heroic quests with 10 people in the zone.

Invisible walls at random areas.

Cloaks constantly clipping through my character.

Phantom weapons appearing during cutscenes where my companion should be standing.

Getting stuck in the middle of, then falling through the elevator to my death in the academy on Korriban.

It's not like we are getting massive content packs every few months like the other MMO's out there. We aren't. I know you guys don't have the wallets that games like FFXIV and WoW have, but shouldn't issues like these be rather trivial to fix at this point? It's been over 9 years since launch, and these still exist.

I want to love this game. I really really do. But every time I come back and start to enjoy this, BAM, I'm hit with the same exact bugs that contributed to an underwhelming launch day and still have yet to be addressed.

What You are expressing, OP, is not 'bugs'.

This is in, computer-terms, an 'ancient game'. Clipping capes are not a bug. It is an inconvenience for sure, but it is what it is. When a developer have to make due with the amount of vectors allowed to make a thing circular, compromises must be done. Yes, I hate it when mu dual-sabre inquisitor get a 'movie-time', stabbing themselves, but, hey. its not 8-bit graphics at least. There are soo many things to add to the list, but as long as your game is not effectively broken... pull your shoulders up and say "Meh..."

Elevators. -Never walk into one before it arrives. That goes for games as reallife.

Lagspikes, check your own damned system. I am sitting in Denmark playing on a NA server. No problem here. -On a laptop, even.

If You want to express mental pain, please focus on Ranked PvP toxicity. -THAT is something to put a finger on.

-The rest is, more or less, estethics.

Edited by Miffypiffy
Typos.

6 o'clock AM, lowest population timeslot, and server lag spikes north of 37000ms while trying to do DK heroic quests with 10 people in the zone.

This seems to be an issue on your end, not the game's; I don't experience such lag spikes.

Invisible walls at random areas.

Invisible walls are not bugs.

Cloaks constantly clipping through my character.

I'd love to know some titles that don't have this issue. I generally don't know any game that allows players to customize their clothing that doesn't have at least some fabric clipping. Hell, I've played quite a few recent titles where the player character only has one outfit and their clothes clip into their models.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Valid points, with the exception of my system. Top tier system with one of the fastest internet connections available. Never a single issue on literally any other game at max settings.

But, no one is holding a gun to my head. I have plenty of options, so I just simply cancelled my sub and will stick at ftp like more than half of the population when I get the star wars itch.

Bioware and EA aren't exactly mom and pop shops, and maybe, hopefully, they will realize that "meh" just doesn't cut it, and they can retain more subs if they fix these issues, and then actually have some sort of larger cash pool to draw from to fix these issues, and put out more content to actually compete. Although, I don't see that happening since many of their paying players are content with "meh".

This game had a built in base that should have blown the others out of the water, along side the fact that the game is good enough to have done it.

If you are ok with meh, then good for you. I'm not. So thanks for the feedback. Be well.

Bioware and EA aren't exactly mom and pop shops, and maybe, hopefully, they will realize that "meh" just doesn't cut it, and they can retain more subs if they fix these issues, and then actually have some sort of larger cash pool to draw from to fix these issues, and put out more content to actually compete. Although, I don't see that happening since many of their paying players are content with "meh".

And that is exactly the flaw in your thinking. EA neither wants nor needs to retain a larger sub count and has no intention to compete with other MMOs.

And that is exactly the flaw in your thinking. EA neither wants nor needs to retain a larger sub count and has no intention to compete with other MMOs.

^^^ They make their money by people coming and going, they keep the cartel market stocked, and bring out stuff every now and then. If they had a high number pf permeant subs, they'd probably have top put more money and effort in to it, and it could end up cutting their profitability.

^^^ They make their money by people coming and going, they keep the cartel market stocked, and bring out stuff every now and then. If they had a high number pf permeant subs, they'd probably have top put more money and effort in to it, and it could end up cutting their profitability.

Ummm ... not really.

IMO ... a really smart move would be to provide more of what made the game what it is. By doing so there is an increased probability of additional "satisfied customers" .. thereby increasing the probability of additional sale and (thus) revenue in ALL areas.

Which brings to question: Why not ?

I will not indulge in speculation which advocates any negative actions that are inappropriate. However, there are times that I am quite puzzled at the "gaps" needed to answer some of the most important questions that need to be addressed at this point in time.

One of those questions would undoubtedly be centered around the inevitable ... dealing with an assortment of BUGS !!!

Pretty much, more maintance cost + production expanses and whatever model for sub we have now and how expansions are being delivered would change to something alike ESO

Speaks of actual bug, I just encountered the "no UI for your toon" bug entering Mandalorian Raiders.

Ctrl+U twice didn't fix it, had to close the game entirely.

It is apparently a bug since launch? Why not fix it?

It's bioware's fault if I was put on the ignore list because of it... (the group saw me loading and moving, they pulled and died while I can't do nothing)