Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

J_Fred

Rooted for over a minute? Really? You weren't rooted while back-pedaling :cool:. You constantly had 3 or more enemies on you, you were stunned, knock-backed and rooted a lot yet you manage to survive and score and your beef is ??? It was too hard? It took too long? I really can't understand what you QQ about?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of you are missing the fact that he got stunned/rooted/knockback/pulled etc like 30 times in a minute.

It's stupid that many roots completely ignore resolve.

Game needs fixed.

I don't see the issue in this movie, there was what, 4, 5, 6 people focusing one person, doing everything in their power to stop him from moving, and you say it's flawed that they should be able to?

Then you don't PvP very often.

Look at his resolve. Resolve is meant to fill fast and then when full prevent any movement impairing effects, stuns etc etc. The video clearly shows that this is not the case.

PvP in this game is completely run by stuns/kb/roots/mezz and whatnot. They need to fix it.

Edited by Jayshames

Then you don't PvP very often.

Look at his resolve. Resolve is meant to fill fast and then when full prevent any movement impairing effects, stuns etc etc. The video clearly shows that this is not the case.

PvP in this game is completely run by stuns/kb/roots/mezz and whatnot. They need to fix it.

I've done nothing but pvp since the release of this game, and sure resolve may not be the optimal solution to CC's, but what this movie shows, is that two players from one team pretty much nullifies the efforts of 5 or 6 people from the other team, and the comment to that is "they should have done so easier" O.o

I've done nothing but pvp since the release of this game, and sure resolve may not be the optimal solution to CC's, but what this movie shows, is that two players from one team pretty much nullifies the efforts of 5 or 6 people from the other team, and the comment to that is "they should have done so easier" O.o

The person holding the ball is a geared tank fending off several melee classes with 1-2 healers healing him. He has all his defensive abilities ready, has medpacks and adrenals and is being bubbled. It's not very difficult. If you ignore him for a second and think about people are aren't tanks, who don't have healers, who aren't geared, who don't have medpacks/adrenals and think of them being constantly stunned like that. Resolve is more than flawed.

The person holding the ball is a geared tank fending off several melee classes with 1-2 healers healing him. He has all his defensive abilities ready, has medpacks and adrenals and is being bubbled. It's not very difficult. If you ignore him for a second and think about people are aren't tanks, who don't have healers, who aren't geared, who don't have medpacks/adrenals and think of them being constantly stunned like that. Resolve is more than flawed.

people who arent geared, or dont have that backup, die, they dont get stunned like that because they wont survive, if 6 people bash on one from a pug, a partisan geared dps class, he will die before getting to the goal line, thus he will have been stopped. Regardless of his gear or backup, when such a large portion of the enemy team is tunneling down you, and you alone, they should be able to stop you, saying it shoulnd't makes no sense at all. Ofcourse in doing so, you leave room for others to get in position and open up passes etc, but that didn't happen in this movie, in this movie, one man, who said he had one healer behind him, plowed through more than half of the enemy team.

You would've been able to score much faster had you used keybindings instead of clicking. The moment you force pushed there was a small window to leap between the CC's. That moving your mouse over to the charge key cost you the quick cap.

I'm not even trying to be rude about it, but you really should learn to bind your abilities, especially as a tank.

people who arent geared, or dont have that backup, die, they dont get stunned like that because they wont survive, if 6 people bash on one from a pug, a partisan geared dps class, he will die before getting to the goal line, thus he will have been stopped. Regardless of his gear or backup, when such a large portion of the enemy team is tunneling down you, and you alone, they should be able to stop you, saying it shoulnd't makes no sense at all. Ofcourse in doing so, you leave room for others to get in position and open up passes etc, but that didn't happen in this movie, in this movie, one man, who said he had one healer behind him, plowed through more than half of the enemy team.

If you go to PvP forums, it's full of people complaining about healing being overpowered. The healer was left untouched making it even easier for him to heal massive numbers. None of this is the point though. Resolve isn't working the way it's meant to. Full resolve is meant to stop any stun/movement impairing related effects and the video shows that it clearly doesn't. That's exactly the point I am trying to make, and I believe the OP is well.

If you go to PvP forums, it's full of people complaining about healing being overpowered. The healer was left untouched making it even easier for him to heal massive numbers. None of this is the point though. Resolve isn't working the way it's meant to. Full resolve is meant to stop any stun/movement impairing related effects and the video shows that it clearly doesn't. That's exactly the point I am trying to make, and I believe the OP is well.

Well that's where i believe you are entirely wrong, resolve shouldn't make you immune to everything, only to effects that removes all controll over your character, i.e stuns, knockbacks, mezzes.

You see what he did there, he waltzed through 6 enemy players WITH roots. It took him some time, but it's allready doable, if he had been imune to slows/roots, it would have taken him 3 seconds to get that goal, which would be way overpowered.

POT 5 seems to have the best trolls lately. I'll give you guys that.

POT5 has alot of kiddies playing Rambo Superman after school. See HERE.

This video is a perfect example of what skilled PvP players actually do in Huttball when they have the ball.

It's also an example of what's wrong with Resolve, etc.. but let's not focus on that.

I vote that this becomes the first in a series of training videos for Warzones. I know I learned a couple things.

EDIT:

Well that's where i believe you are entirely wrong, resolve shouldn't make you immune to everything, only to effects that removes all controll over your character, i.e stuns, knockbacks, mezzes.

You see what he did there, he waltzed through 6 enemy players WITH roots. It took him some time, but it's allready doable, if he had been imune to slows/roots, it would have taken him 3 seconds to get that goal, which would be way overpowered.

Maybe, but I think I'd prefer to see some strategy involved in using ANY movement impairment ability. Clearly it has become one of a couple crutches players fall on.

Edited by maverickmatt

Maybe, but I think I'd prefer to see some strategy involved in using ANY movement impairment ability. Clearly it has become one of a couple crutches players fall on.

Certainly, but it feels like they're too deep to undertake the major changes that would follow if they were to redo how snares/roots work.

Honestly the opposing team must have extremely good coordination to do their pulls/push/KBs/roots at exactly the right time. This isn't something that just happens by accident. It's really just good defense and if they stopped you, you should look at that and say 'that's how we should play defense too', instead of whining about how Resolve doesn't work.

This also illustrates one of the common pitfalls in Huttball. People tend to try to focus on the ball carrier but if you got 2 healers behind you, plus whoever else that can possibly heal, it's extremely hard to take out the ball carrier. Even when the ball is very close to endzone, you usually still have to attack the healer. You don't necessarily have to be able to kill them, but you got to make them start healing themselves first because it's very hard to burn down a tanky class that's guarded with 2+ healers on him.

Honestly the opposing team must have extremely good coordination to do their pulls/push/KBs/roots at exactly the right time. This isn't something that just happens by accident. It's really just good defense and if they stopped you, you should look at that and say 'that's how we should play defense too', instead of whining about how Resolve doesn't work.

This also illustrates one of the common pitfalls in Huttball. People tend to try to focus on the ball carrier but if you got 2 healers behind you, plus whoever else that can possibly heal, it's extremely hard to take out the ball carrier. Even when the ball is very close to endzone, you usually still have to attack the healer. You don't necessarily have to be able to kill them, but you got to make them start healing themselves first because it's very hard to burn down a tanky class that's guarded with 2+ healers on him.

Indeed it is hard to kill tanky classes when healers on them (at least when the healers have LOS--towards the end I lost LOS as I was in the pit and he got farther away from the ledge than I could see).

But it isn't necessarily going to be that easy to get a good (guarded) sorc to switch targets in that kind of a crunch moment where he knows the life of a tank is far more important than his own. For one, popping Unnatural Preservation doesn't require switching targets. Nor does WZ medpac, which together with UP can hit for 55-70% health, with UP talented and depending on whether or not the UP crits. There's also the adrenal for damage reduction.

Now I know sorcs like to QQ about Force Barrier being nothing more than channeled self-stun, but in this situation if I was targeted, I would've used it as an aggro dump. Nothing says I have to wait for the full 10 seconds; I'd wait just long enough for the DPS to switch back to Myrmio, exit Barrier by grenading as many of them as I could, then heal him back up while most of the enemy DPS are faceplanted by the grenade. I've done this before in other warzones.

Add to that Myrmio taunting if DPS had switched to me...

...and, for the ultimate controversy, the fact that Myrmio had ME guarded even though he was ballcarrying. Though conventional wisdom is that ballcarriers should never guard, that guard would have allowed me to stay on Myrm that much longer if it came to that. I also had Recklessness and Polarity Shift up and available to help counter any extra damage he would have taken through guard. In a situation where a ballcarrier knows and trusts his healer to stay on him even when the healer starts going down, guarding the healer can give him that much more time to keep the ballcarrier up. But it is a highly situational call, one that requires a lot of trust between healer and tank, and probably not all that wise in pugs. :p

I wouldn't make up too much noise there was lag issues In the vid a d u should of passed and they couldn't kill u. So....

U should have leaped aoe stun pushed then Leaped again.

Now imagine if u are a sorc or sage tk or lightning spec all those leaps are interrupts followed by smashes :) ya so don't complain

As for clicking, are you really the type to tell a left handed person they should be right handed? Elitists these days. Let me stoop to your level: I'm sure you and your keybinds couldn't survive an encounter with him and his "clicks". :rolleyes:

As an aside mate, I am also left handed and so I have had to deal gaming tools not being overly helpful to me too. I have managed to work clicking out of my game by using a Logitech G510 Keyboard and keybinding my abils to the 18 G keys on the side. I still havent been able to incorporate mouse turning due to this but i'm halfway there :p

Unless you've extremely great reflexes, it is very difficult to interrupt heals on someone you don't even have targetted. Attacking healers usually at least stops them from spamming their big heals, and there's virtually no chance you can expect to DPS through 2 guys spamming Deliverance or equilvaent heals in the current enviornment. Sure a healer being attacked can still cast a lot of heals on the tank while keeping himself alive, but you'll definitely stop him from casting his big heals, which is needed to overpower the ball carrier.

Usually you'd want one DPS (preferably someone with a fast interrupt) on each of the supporting healer, with the goal of preventing as much heals as possible from those healer while the rest focus fire on the ball carrier. Of course that takes a lot of coordination and is hard to pull off.