I have a question

Scyln

I am baffled by the fact that you can be republic and still get Dark Side points and vice versa. I think BW should of completely got rid of factions. Instead of picking it at the char creation we pick it as our story progresses to become either fighting for Empire or Republic sides... I am lost in this lore.

Can someone enlighten me?

I am baffled by the fact that you can be republic and still get Dark Side points and vice versa. I think BW should of completely got rid of factions. Instead of picking it at the char creation we pick it as our story progresses to become either fighting for Empire or Republic sides... I am lost in this lore.

Can someone enlighten me?

It gives a basis for story without having to come up with hundreds more of different possibilites. But some friends and I were talking today(not paying attention in class) and we though it would be an awesome idea if you could switch factions at some point. Let that dark jedi trully become fallen and join the empire and let the sith redeem his/herself and join the jedi order whom grudgingly takes them in.

a dark trooper does not like the empire, they just use any means necessary to complete their task at hand.

a light sith does not like the republic but intends to restructure the sith empire and improve it so he/she can have more power (think palpatine setting up the republic into a galactic empire so he could get more power over the galaxy)

Lightside and Darkside are not good and evil, just like Republic and Empire are not good and evil. Hell, Jedi and Sith aren't even good or evil.

It's all perspective, opinion, and relativity.

There are Grey and Dark Jedi in the lore, who are Jedi that follow the Darkside, while staying with the Jedi philosophy. Because, after all, Jedi and Sith are philosophies. An individual Jedi might be evil, or an individual Sith might be a damned paragon of good.

Darkside sometimes come across as the MUCH more 'good-guy' action in a situation. I can't count on two hands the times I got Darkside points for dealing righteous justice out to monstrous war criminals. I got Darkside points for it, despite KNOWING it's what a true hero would have done.

Likewise, the option with the engineers on the Esselles can be viewed as somewhat 'grey'. Do you risk the entire ship to save a handful of engineers, or do you sacrifice those people to ensure that everybody else survives. A Jedi might see it as a situation where the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and sacrifice the engineers.

The families of the engineers will feel grief, but the rest of the passengers and their families won't.

It really comes down to the individual, and their personality. There are dozens upon dozens of morally grey, difficult choices, or choices where the Darkside option is the hero's option.

Lightside and Darkside are not good and evil, just like Republic and Empire are not good and evil. Hell, Jedi and Sith aren't even good or evil.

I do not know about light side but some of the dark stuff that I have done is pretty evil.

I felt bad about some of the stuff. Few times I was just like "I am such an *** hole."

Edited by Magnijung