Post your Codes from San Diego Community Cantina Tour Here

Zergnaut

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it time man. Im sure people will post when they get home. People have to drive home. Except those slect few who can teleport :eek:

You think people in San Diego are going home with Comic-Con going on? Man, they're going to the evening parties, hanging out in the hotel bars, and trying desperately to bribe Jonah to get on the yacht again this year.

You think people in San Diego are going home with Comic-Con going on? Man, they're going to the evening parties, hanging out in the hotel bars, and trying desperately to bribe Jonah to get on the yacht again this year.

The anti-social ones will.. You have to remember online games have a ton of palyers who HATE interacting with people IRL. They will chat all day with you in game but wont say two words to you in person. Saw a TON of people like that at the last Blizzcon. They went right into their hotel rooms between events and didnt come our until the next event started.

Edited by Zergnaut

Why would they post their codes here. They will give them to 5 friends who will pass them off to 5 more and so on and so on and so on...like an old Faberge Shampoo commercial.

I guess you missed the Anaheim Code Share thread.

Why would they post their codes here. They will give them to 5 friends who will pass them off to 5 more and so on and so on and so on...like an old Faberge Shampoo commercial.

You must be new. Because there was a 20 page thread of them doing just that from the last tour? Most of us including me got the in game packages that way. :cool:

Edited by Zergnaut

^This

One more thing....

This may be a news flash to some of you, but anyone over 27 was part of the generation where if you played a video games in college or HS you were made fun of and considered a geek. AKA most of their friends are digital. They are anti-social and not not have RL friends to share codes with. Now days playing video games is the norm.

Shocker eh?

Edited by Zergnaut

Why would they post their codes here.

Essentially everyone can get a code, because everyone who redeems one gets one to share. Eventually it will hit a wall where people don't have 5 to share with, and unless they are a d, they will be nice to the community.

To the OP though, they have to REDEEM their code first to get the code to share. Most people won't be doing it tonight (if any at all). And the event still has about a hour and 10 min left.

One more thing....

This may be a news flash to some of you, but anyone over 27 was part of the generation where if you played a video games in college or HS you were made fun of and considered a geek. AKA most of their friends are digital. They are anti-social and not not have RL friends to share codes with. Now days playing video games is the norm.

Shocker eh?

Ya know, calling them anti-social and saying they don't have real friends is a sure way for them NOT to give their codes up. FYI :rolleyes:

Ya know, calling them anti-social and saying they don't have real friends is a sure way for them NOT to give their codes up. FYI :rolleyes:

Nah. Im one of those people. I have a house on a Mountain top few people know is up here. I have not seen another living person other than my wife in a while. If thats not anti social IDK what is. See I have no problem talking here in vent ect ect but in person? thats another story. I know what my issues are. I am content with them :)

It is what it is.

Edited by Zergnaut

Nah. Im one of those people. I have a house on a Mountain top few people know is up here. I have not seen another living person other than my wife in a while. If thats not anti social IDK what is. See I have no problem talking here in vent ect ect but in person? thats another story

not everyone is like that.

several of my gaming (and eventually irl friends) are extremely social. live in a big city, go out to parties all the time, etc kind of social. which works out very well for me, as when we meet up, i can listen, they can talk and everyone is happy (they are also the ones cos-playing - amazingly enough it takes a pretty outgoing person a lot of times, to put on a costume and go out into the public dressed as their favorite character). me... I'm semi anti social. while I don't live on top of my neighbours - i do see them pretty much daily. we chat. I interact with people irl, I just do so sparingly. too little makes me antsy. too much exhausts me

there are all kinds of people playing video games you know. according to some statistics - average gamer age is in their mid thirties nowadays, which makes sense as gaming can get pretty expensive with consoles and TV's and cost of games not to mention cost of good gaming computers... takes a working adult to be able to afford that, or a very lenient comfortably off parent.

so... yeah... it give it time for people to finish enjoying comiccon, get back home, decompress and THEN start posting codes.

Edited by Jeweledleah

not everyone is like that.

several of my gaming (and eventually irl friends) are extremely social. live in a big city, go out to parties all the time, etc kind of social. which works out very well for me, as when we meet up, i can listen, they can talk and everyone is happy (they are also the ones cos-playing - amazingly enough it takes a pretty outgoing person a lot of times, to put on a costume and go out into the public dressed as their favorite character). me... I'm semi anti social. while I don't live on top of my neighbours - i do see them pretty much daily. we chat. there are all kinds of people playing video games you know. according to some statistics - average gamer age is in their mid thirties nowadays, which makes sense as gaming can get pretty expensive with consoles and TV's and cost of games not to mention cost of good gaming computers... takes a working adult to be able to afford that, or a very lenient comfortably off parent.

so... yeah... it give it time for people to finish enjoying comiccon, get back home, decompress and THEN start posting codes.

You missed the point entirely. You are part of a different generation my friend.

You missed the point entirely. You are part of a different generation my friend.

no. I'm actualy part of the generation you speak off. you just have a very narrow view of what constitutes a gamer. not to mention you ignore the fact that some of those gaming currently? may not have started until they were OUT of highschool

Nah. Im one of those people. I have a house on a Mountain top few people know is up here. I have not seen another living person other than my wife in a while. If thats not anti social IDK what is. See I have no problem talking here in vent ect ect but in person? thats another story

Asocial more than anti-social. While many of us are introverts and will have diminishing returns in a social environment, as someone who has been to many a comic or other type of convention, many of us flourish in this type of environment because we finally get to interact with other people who "speak our language".

This is coming from someone who has been in the fan and professional press for comics, publishing, and video games for a very long time now. I'm still an introvert who prefers my animals to most people, rain to people, books, video games, traffic...but something like this I'll happily while away the hours in the hotel bar waxing minutia on Avon sci-fi paperback originals or whether or not Brian K Vaughan deserves to be tarred and feathered still for what he did with Swamp Thing.

no. I'm actualy part of the generation you speak off. you just have a very narrow view of what constitutes a gamer. not to mention you ignore the fact that some of those gaming currently? may not have started until they were OUT of highschool

Good to see another one, guess you lucked out of the anti social gene. The only video game system that was around when I was in School was atari. So yeah if you are a gamer then you were pretty anti social in general.

Mmmmmm Space invaders.... lol

Edited by Zergnaut

Good to see another one, guess you lucked out of the anti social gene. The only video game system that was around when I was in High School was atari. So yeah if you are a gamer then you were pretty anti social in general.

Mmmmmm Space invaders.... lol

when I started playing, there were very few personal computers around. so by the virtue of necessity, you were at least someowhat social, becasue I and others would use public computers to play. I did luck out in that the school I went to had very high concentration of nerds, so gaming was something we shared rather then being frowned upon. that said. gaming, especially multiplayer gaming is not actualy inherently anti social activity. and while there are certainly people who are extreme introverts, who go to a con for specific panels and then spend the rest of their time in their hotel room - who do you think the rest of the con goers are? the ones that DO go to parties and hang out and socialize? they are nerds and gamers too, you know.

but to bring it back to topic. does anyone know what the code rewards are going to be in a first place? not the in person codes, those dulfy posted about, but share codes.

Edited by Jeweledleah

One more thing....

Shocker eh?

And in elementary school, those kids actually had to go outside and make friends if they wanted the multiplayer experience!

And in elementary school, those kids actually had to go outside and make friends if they wanted the multiplayer experience!

8/8. Best comment of the night! Grats. On that note lets end this convo here and keep this thread quiet till someone starts posting their codes. :D

Well...there was tying up your phone line, angering your parents, while you tried to play a MUD, but yeah, most multiplayer was either couch co-op on a console or hammering away at buttons with your friends at an arcade.