Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game keeps crashing after patch update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game keeps crashing after patch update

mattsdisplayname
06.30.2020 , 09:18 AM | #11
I'm having the same issue as well...
Tried removing the bitraider files to re-verify, but that doesn't work either.

DarkLordSnake
06.30.2020 , 11:10 AM | #12
Managed to get in contact with customer service over the phone, they emailed me instructions on what to delete out of the SWTOR files, did all of that right before the next maintenance mode, restarted my PC ect. Still doing the same thing.
===

EDIT - It seems whatever the maintenance did fixed the issue on my end, but I'm not sure if it's a full fix. Somehow I got it to work though.
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

TrezlanL
06.30.2020 , 11:16 AM | #13
Servers are supposedly back up, I tried just now still crashing same place this is with a fresh install.

Paziqi
06.30.2020 , 11:58 AM | #14
Yeah, still won't load for me either. Been trying to find a solution, but so far, nothing is working.

Paziqi
06.30.2020 , 01:03 PM | #15
Alright, I've been able to log in now. I updated my graphics drivers, which apparently just had an update last week. So, everything appears to be working for me now.

MichaelYularen
06.30.2020 , 01:25 PM | #16
Even after this new patch I'm still having the issue of crashing to desktop while the game loads.
Did a fresh installation overnight while 6.1.2a loaded, and still did not work. Deleted the BitRaider files, and still did not work.

A week of subscription down the drain. I hate to do another new installation (takes so long) but does anyone have any ideas that work? Also i tried to switch to a non-streaming launcher a couple days ago but did not help.

Thank you in advance.

becomingazombie
06.30.2020 , 03:36 PM | #17
I'm also crashing after selecting a character to log into- updated from this AMs patch no problem. I am not having the quick play issue just a total crash on load screen where I have to hardboot my PC. I've checked my drivers and lowered all the game settings and I don't know what to do at this point. No prog for me tonight.

Kaveat
06.30.2020 , 03:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by becomingazombie View Post
I'm also crashing after selecting a character to log into- updated from this AMs patch no problem. I am not having the quick play issue just a total crash on load screen where I have to hardboot my PC. I've checked my drivers and lowered all the game settings and I don't know what to do at this point. No prog for me tonight.
tbh, whenever I have experienced or heard of another having a similar issue, it is normally a bricked update, which happens from time to time.

Option 1, if you backed up your game data files before updating, restore and re-do the update. (don't forget to update the backup once you have the game in a working state again)

Option 2: re-download the game. would strongly suggest going the non-streaming route if you have not yet done so.
GOOGLE: swtor disable streaming launcher. Would also suggest starting to maintain a local backup of a working version in case of future brick events.
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!

winterelegy
07.01.2020 , 07:00 AM | #19
My girlfriend's computer had a similar issue, she hadnt logged in for a couple weeks so yesterday she got the 6.1.2 patch from last week and yesterdays update. Afterwords the game would just exit after hitting Play on the launcher.

I spent a couple of hours going through all sorts of stuff before figuring out a fix. Tried deleting bitraider, even switching the settings file to turn bitraider off so that it redownloaded everything, but none of that helped. What I finally figured out is that they must have started using the newest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, "2015-2019" (x86) in this patch. I noticed there is an .exe for it in the SWTOR folder (the path is something to the extent of: C:\Program FIles x86\Electronic Arts\bioware\Star Wars The Old Republic ... file is VC_redist.x86.exe), so it probably tries to install it at some point in the patching process. I also noticed that when trying to install it manually on her computer it would get an unknown error and fail to install. It would fail even if all other versions were uninstalled. Her computer is Windows 8.1 and has Windows Update turned off so it hasnt been updated like, ever. So ultimately the fix was that I had to turn on Windows update and allow it to pull a bunch of Windows 8.1 updates, then after being updated to a certain point I was able to successfully install the VIsual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019. After that was installed the game launched correctly. Keep in mind there are a ton of versions of the C++ Redistributable from all sorts of years, you need the "latest" one, and specifically the x86 version one which can be found here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-c-downloads

TL;DR:
- Make sure you can install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019 x86 (it has to be this version of it)
- If you can't, figure out why you can't. If its like our experience than you need to update Windows: go to Windows Update and install any updates that have Windows in the title. Apparently the install can also fail if there is a conflicting version of the Redistributable, possibly the 2015 or 2017 version which you may have to uninstall to get the 2015-2019 one to work.
- After those have been installed, reboot and try to install Visual C++ Redistributable again

Hopefully this can help someone, cause this was a pain in the *** to troubleshoot!