Krayt Dragon Pearl

stuffandthat

• 4 weeks later...
How did you acquire the Krayt Pearls?? I've been running missions like mad for grade 3 gems and it's not working. Torhead suggests running missions will turn over the pearls, I assume on a crit success. But I've still not acquired any after more than 10 missions run.

How did you acquire the Krayt Pearls?? I've been running missions like mad for grade 3 gems and it's not working. Torhead suggests running missions will turn over the pearls, I assume on a crit success. But I've still not acquired any after more than 10 missions run.

Pretty much on crit missions. They are not a guarantee to get just from running missions. I would suggest to use a companion that has stats that increase crits in that gathering skill. It is what I did and I was able to get lucky enough to stock some of these.

That's because, unless a companion has a very high affection rating and a bonus to crit in that skill, critical sucesses are pretty rare. Your best bet is to buy an unlockable mission of the right level.

I'll try the unlockable missions see if that helps. Right now Khem is running the missions at affection 6500+ .. So I'm surprised he can't crit yet. I've done quite a few runs with no success. I've crit on grade 4 several times after running signifigantly fewer missions. Either way, I've not messed with the unlockable missions yet, so I'll try that!

Pretty much on crit missions. They are not a guarantee to get just from running missions. I would suggest to use a companion that has stats that increase crits in that gathering skill. It is what I did and I was able to get lucky enough to stock some of these.

Thanks both, I did assume it was for crit missions, but wasn't having success - had checked to see which missions were suppose to crit the pearls, but wasn't having any luck. Looking into Mission Discoveries I find the below two mission discovery's - that should have better results yielding Krayt dragon pearls. I too intend to make some fancy purple hilts. http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunting_missions .. no nobody else read this so I'm the only one on the market producing them...

Mission Discovery: Treasure Hunting - Break Up the Deal

Mission Brief: You intercepted an encoded message between mercenaries coordinating the sale of artifacts looted during the war. A companion could stop the deal.

Completion:

Time: 24m 24s

Cost: 695cr

Reward: Prosperous Yield: Grade 3 Gemstones, Class 3 Lockboxes, and Rank 3 Companion Gifts

Prototype Gift Fragment x1; Tatooine Flamegem x4; Krayt Dragon Pearl x2; Reinforced Premium Mission Case (green, RL 28) - green belt (265cr)

Mission Discovery: Treasure Hunting - Riches of an Ancient Empire Edit

Mission Brief: An archaeologist's journal reveals the discovery of a new ruin of the Azure Imperium on Anaxes, containing treasures of the ancient Empire. Send your companion to explore the ruin before the excavation team arrives.

Completion: Vette successfully completed the assignment and has returned.

Time: 24m 24s

Cost: 695cr

Reward: Prosperous Yield: Grade 3 Gemstones, Class 3 Lockboxes, and Rank 3 Companion Gifts

Relic of Maddening Delusions (340cr); Immaculate Yellow Crystal x2; Concealable Vibroblade (green, Weapon, Rank 3); Tatooine Flamegem x2; Krayt Dragon Pearl x2

Edited by TOJOLOBAL

Yeah, those two missions are from the mission discovery item.

Krayt Dragon Pearls are the Lvl 3 gemstone required for crafting artifact-level mods/items in Artifice.

They do drop rarely. I was trying to craft-as-I-went and I collected about 200+ flamegems before I was able to get eight pearls. Now that I have Kira to 10,000 affection, I get them slightly more often since she crits more on Treasure Hunting than usual.

• 1 year later...

There are two regular missions that will drop them too (the others listed are discovery missions) :

Runaway Ship

Mission Brief: Just as a ship in your sector jumped to lightspeed, an alert from Imperial Command named it as transporting stolen Sith relics. Have a companion track it down.

Completion:Vette computed the runaway ship's destination, followed, infiltrated and sabotaged it until Imperial Command could send troops, earning a generous reward.

Time: 14m 10s

Cost: 470cr

Reward: Moderate Yield: Grade 3 Gemstones Tatooine Flamegem x4; Krayt Dragon Pearl x2

Tatooine Flamegem x2

I was Somebody Once

Mission Brief: A drunk in a Klatooine cantina is selling an old tracking device, claiming it leads to fabulous wealth. For a few credits, your companion could find out.

Completion: Vette followed a mysterious signal with the tracking device. It led to a Klatooine's south pole, and a derelict starship filled with valuables!

Time: 20m 36s

Cost: 575

Reward: Abundant Yield: Grade 3 Gemstones Immaculate Yellow Crystal x2; Tatooine Flamegem x4; Krayt Dragon Pearl x3