HK-47 False Emperor Help

Hey,

I'm a guardian and have cleared the False Emperor flashpoint multiple times, but I have to admit: I dont really know how HK-47 is working.

And today I wanted to help a friend (healer) get his chest, so we found 2 DDs and ventured inside the flashpoint.

After ~8 wipes at HK-47 we gave up. We always wiped after he went into stealth and assassinated (Stab) one person to death.

During my successful runs I heard multiple theories (but I didnt pay attention to it since none was really important for the tank^^):

- AoE (Stealth Scan) after he stealths, this will make him visible again and prevent him from killing someone

- You need to do X ("a lot") of damage in the short period of time before Stab has finished casting, this will let the target live

- The target gets a debuff which has to be cleansed or 2 ticks will kill him

So:

How do you prevent HK-47 from stabbing a person to death, after he goes into stealth?

Edited by Zocat

I always have the group cluster up when he goes stealth and pop off AOEs to break his stealth. Works every time.

That's what we do. As a shadow tank, whenever he does his "Warning: assassination protocol has been perfected" message, I build up my force until he stealths then I just spam Whirling Blow until it breaks.

If you have decent DPS you can take him down after someone gets assassinated as well. I didn't know about the stealth assassination mechanic last night when we ran it for the first time on HM, and I ended up solo'ing his last 5% of health by myself when we lost our healer to the assassination and he ate the rest of my DPS. Then I had to LOS the turrets for a minute for my medpack to come off cooldown, popped it and all my other cooldowns and then solo'ed the turrets before rezzing my team.

The "group up and AoE" idea sounds WAY better.

Actually first AoE is not required, he usually pops out AoE first to stun his target. You should have your sage put a shield on the person first (if it was not the sage, and the said person should pop some defensive CDs too).

He then vanish again, it's this point that you should start AoEing to get him out of stealth and taunt him right away.

1) Once he goes into stealth, stand in the middle on top of each other

2) Everyone AoE. Point blank if possible

I found the fight way too easy on hard mode with this tactic. You don't even need to bother with the turrets until HK goes down.

cleanse... he indeed does a debuff, his attack doesn't do much damage, it's tech i believe. Sawbone scoundrel (like me) can cleanse it without any problems, just need to be fast ^_^

Other then that he doesn't do any significant damage when comming out of stealth.

The fight has changed a little though, it used to be vanish, AOE, taunt, resume dps. Now he restealths and takes a second bite at the target. We've been clearing him no problem but the change in tactics threw us on the first attempt we made with the double stealth. After that, we just kept aoe'ing and I saved the taunt for the second stealth break and it seemed to work fine.

Strangely enough, Jindo (who has always been an easy one shot for us) was acting weird this week as well. His ship landed on the platform after being shot down but he kept calling missile salvos and didn't so a single fire sweep... \= | Still doable (even mildly easier as you don't have to interrupt fire sweep), but some of the mechanics have definitely been monkeyed with.