Anyone notice the "coming soon" Alderaan Stronghold?

Everwynne

Guess it was too hard to put on the official website / forums

Not all of us use twitter or Facebook anymore.

Daniel posted this week here in the forums

Hello everyone,

Next Monday, December 16th, we will be doing another community livestream on Twitch! With 2020 right around the corner, we'll be talking about what players can expect to see coming soon. If you keep an eye out, a hint can already be found on the Fleets… :rak_03:

Well anything can happen in those years but I have been asking for one there since they started with the strongholds so I will be thrilled and I want a castle!

By the way:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=973397

egad !! I'm out voted … again !!

They say that good things come to those who wait patiently …..

(but hopefully before I retire ?? …. oh yeah !! I already did that !)

Oh well … maybe next year !

;)

egad !! I'm out voted … again !!

They say that good things come to those who wait patiently …..

(but hopefully before I retire ?? …. oh yeah !! I already did that !)

Oh well … maybe next year !

;)

Lol, Well I have been requesting an Alderaan Castle since they launched the strongholds so I have waited patiently.

The people hoping for this SH to be small are probably going to be disappointed. Large SHs means more $$$ for BW as people buy more decors off the CM. Gotta get those personnel decors. Our last several SHs have been large ones--the train, Rishi, Yavin--all have quite a bit of real estate with large unbroken areas (arguably you could give each train car its own theme). Even Manaan isn't exactly tiny given that large outdoors area you have to cover.

Lol, Well I have been requesting an Alderaan Castle since they launched the strongholds so I have waited patiently.

Yeah... I saw the post that was dated 3 years ago !! Yes, you have unquestionably been waiting a long, long, time ! Frankly I'm very happy for those of you who have been looking for this one !! I'm glad that the development team has came through ! I do hope it's what you've been expecting … and more !

NP at all.

I'll just wait for one of the other "suggestions" to roll around … perhaps at least one will happen.

All in good time !!

;)

Devs if youre going with Alderaan as another place for stronghold, that thing better be a damn palace at the very least.

I myself still hold out hope for Odessen stronghold with maybe the day/night switch button.( i love Visions in the dark chapter)

Edited by Darittha

Devs if youre going with Alderaan as another place for stronghold, that thing better be a damn palace at the very least.

I myself still hold out hope for Odessen stronghold with maybe the day/night switch button.( i love Visions in the dark chapter)

Well, you're in luck. It's the Alderaan version of a castle. That includes a throne room, btw, according to the datamining I've seen. My one criticism of the throne room - it comes with a throne upon a dais. I would prefer to put my own thrown Deco on that dais.

Well, you're in luck. It's the Alderaan version of a castle. That includes a throne room, btw, according to the datamining I've seen. My one criticism of the throne room - it comes with a throne upon a dais. I would prefer to put my own thrown Deco on that dais.

Sounds nice.

I've been waiting for a SH on Alderaan like this, hop i'll be happy with it.

Now a nice home on Odessen would be nice too.

I was just watching a "preview" of the Alderaan Stronghold on Reddit/YouTube. I can only hope it's not accurate. From the preview, two main things I don't like:

- like much of Alderaan, the SH seems to be in a sort of perma-winter. That sort of kills the idea of any sort of "garden" using any of the various plant decos (which are mostly tropical).

- no doors! One of the most annoying things about the Yavin 4 SH is the lack of opening and closing doors. Now Alderaan seems to be the same way. I think of a Stronghold as being a "home", but it's hard to feel at home when there's no door on your bedroom, or any other room.

As it looks now, I won't be getting an Alderaan SH, but, of course, the actual SH could be much different than that data mined preview. Fingers crossed. 🤔

I was just watching a "preview" of the Alderaan Stronghold on Reddit/YouTube. I can only hope it's not accurate. From the preview, two main things I don't like:

- like much of Alderaan, the SH seems to be in a sort of perma-winter. That sort of kills the idea of any sort of "garden" using any of the various plant decos (which are mostly tropical).

- no doors! One of the most annoying things about the Yavin 4 SH is the lack of opening and closing doors. Now Alderaan seems to be the same way. I think of a Stronghold as being a "home", but it's hard to feel at home when there's no door on your bedroom, or any other room.

As it looks now, I won't be getting an Alderaan SH, but, of course, the actual SH could be much different than that data mined preview. Fingers crossed. 🤔

I really hope that a "preview" is incorporated to see the areas available … BEFORE purchase !! I really like to know what I'm getting ahead of time. Sounds a bit silly to some perhaps... but IMO .. a preview would be VERY helpful !

(especially since we can't return them within a few hours after purchase)

I really hope that a "preview" is incorporated to see the areas available … BEFORE purchase !! I really like to know what I'm getting ahead of time. Sounds a bit silly to some perhaps... but IMO .. a preview would be VERY helpful !

(especially since we can't return them within a few hours after purchase)

How long does it usually take before someone has a fully unlocked SH open to the public for a visit? I imagine less than a day. Now if only they could charge an admission fee to get back those hard earned credits from all the visitors!

How long does it usually take before someone has a fully unlocked SH open to the public for a visit? I imagine less than a day. Now if only they could charge an admission fee to get back those hard earned credits from all the visitors!

LOL !! Nice ! make a few credits on the side !! ;)

Em, i hope there are doors in there.

I gave up on Yavin because of the lack of doors, i won't buy the long avaited Alderaan SH if there are no doors in it :(

I would rather see developer fix the bugs in the game before releasing new strongholds.

Also I would rather a new chapter that has a real storyline that does not involve the boring republic Verus imperial rebirth of the same baddy returning i.e darth maglus and emperor we really need something new the current story contents is boring as hell.

I have not played this game now in 3 weeks I just keep it updated at moment in the hope something new storyline that interest me come along where I can choose to do it solo or in a group with friends.

The main bug that ticks me off the most is getting healer gear for my sith sorcerer madness damage, the other thing is the way madness damage has been nerf so much the force barrier no longer works to protect your character as it was intend to do characters just walk straight through it in PVP and or one shot you which should not occur with force barrier,

PVP warzones really ticks me off when the stealth abilities characters can get through 3 doors before anyone can do anything to stop them not balance approach to pvp events at all yes the stealth should be able to do a little better but that is stupid in pvp to be able secure 3 doors before you can stop them you might as well stand there and give them the game cause that whats happening.

Also in PVP warzone sith madness damage should not be able to get killed by a single character or two within a few seconds. and its the same with tanks should not be able to survive against group of 6 people attacking them that the imbalance of pvp warzone matches these days.

Tank should be able to survive against 4 players attacking them but not six that over the top its virtually the whole team fighting one character and that's no fun nor is it a balance.

I also can not see how two identical gear characters can be so systemically damage indifferent in war zone matches. and I am referring to how one player can so easy kill another in seconds that is identical geared and levelled the same it should mean the battle between these characters should be one of endurance to outsmart the other with your abilities and skills with the keyboard but not this nonsense 1 to 2 seconds and your dead especially in one on ones pvp warzone which are so loop side these days its seriously leaving bitter impression on end users.

Yeah... I saw the post that was dated 3 years ago !! Yes, you have unquestionably been waiting a long, long, time ! Frankly I'm very happy for those of you who have been looking for this one !! I'm glad that the development team has came through ! I do hope it's what you've been expecting … and more !

NP at all.

I'll just wait for one of the other "suggestions" to roll around … perhaps at least one will happen.

All in good time !!

;)

They asked on Twitch who wanted small strongholds so make you voice heard. (lol) This will be for future strongholds, not Alderaan.

Edited by casirabit

If you go on fleet and look at all the strongholds, RIshi has the fewest decorated and the fewest finished. It's too big. I don't want to spend that much time in one stronghold coming up with ideas to decorate it. For the 3rd time I won't bother with a new stronghold (the train and Rishi).

Alderaan's view could be great with a nice mountain retreat. I don't need to own half the planet.