Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling

Erm, Traya did not break her Force Barriers, she simply demanded her full concentration, and subsequently Luke's.

Again laughable as thats not how Force Meld, or Mental Barriers work. Unless Leia was psychologically damaged by such an effort which means Traya would have to get through Leia's incredible Mental defenses which she likely cant do.

This is an impossible scenario, as I said I am not going to argue the outcome, but work on your scenarios that one is an impossibilty.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote Beni himself:

Okay here's a better scenario.

The Dark Imperium wins, the end.

yAAAAA there we go that works :D.

Edit: I think the only thing that gets some people when impossible scenarios become winning ones is people seem to think not all points were heard or understood, and that may be true to a point. For this reason I suggest that more thought be put into these scenarios so that when it is written it takes into account how certain things actually work, that way NO ONE questions the outcome of such close matches.

I congragulate all for the debate here and full recognize the DI as the winner and am in part greatful they won because this means I dont have to debate the AoW any further, I am after all quite tired of debating some of the same things on them and covering many of the same points from round 1, I would much rather stay neutral and debate others factions then my own at this point, but I feel that the scenarios as of late need some serious work as both of the last scenarios have been either Impossible (this one) or extremely unlikely (the last one) something similar could happen but these ones in particular just dont work.

Edited by tunewalker

Again laughable as thats not how Force Meld, or Mental Barriers work. Unless Leia was psychologically damaged by such an effort which means Traya would have to get through Leia's incredible Mental defenses which she likely cant do.

This is an impossible scenario, as I said I am not going to argue the outcome, but work on your scenarios that one is an impossibilty.

Apologies that's not what I meant. What I should have said is Traya did not succeed in dominating Leia's mind in the sense that Zannah did not succeed in dominate Bane's mind, but he was still mentally damaged/affected.

Obviously from this point it would come down to you disagreeing with my decision to grant Traya telepathic superiority based in arguments given, but ultimately calling that an impossibility would be your opinion, not fact.

Edited by Beniboybling

Apologies that's not what I meant. What I should have said is Traya did not succeed in dominating Leia's mind in the sense that Zannah did not succeed in dominate Bane's mind, but he was still mentally damaged/affected.

Obviously from this point it would come down to you disagreeing with my decision to grant Traya telekinetic superiority based in arguments given, but ultimately calling that an impossibility would be your opinion, not fact.

You mean Telepathic not Telekinetic (you keep doing that) I guess that is a difference, you believe some one who controled 12 jedi better then one that controled 30 sith, very well just wish that had been clear :D.

You mean Telepathic not Telekinetic (you keep doing that) I guess that is a difference, you believe some one who controled 12 jedi better then one that controled 30 sith, very well just wish that had been clear :D.
Hell yes, Traya's abilities in Sense are so astounding its practically criminal.

Given this feat however, I'd probably place Leia on par with Lord Kaan.

Edited by Beniboybling

Hell yes, Traya's abilities in Sense are so astounding its practically criminal.

Given this feat however, I'd probably place Leia on par with Lord Kaan.

actually she controlled the sith that controlled the 30 and resisted that very sith that attempted to do so to her like it was childs play, but like i said you have made your choice and as well all know we will all stand by that choice, you had a rough time choosing making these decisions and we all know that is the most unenviable task to deal with, you heard these points as they were in the debate itself before the call. Good work beni these are never easy :) but we do know what you meant with the scenario now which makes it easier to understand the scenario as a possibilty based on the information you had :).

Edited by tunewalker

actually she controlled the sith that controlled the 30 and resisted that very sith that attempted to do so to her like it was childs play, but like i said you have made your choice and as well all know we will all stand by that choice, you had a rough time choosing making these decisions and we all know that is the most unenviable task to deal with, you heard these points as they were in the debate itself before the call. Good work beni these are never easy :) but we do know what you meant with the scenario now which makes it easier to understand the scenario as a possibilty based on the information you had :).
OK I'm not sure what you meant there but, yeah.

And thanks.

In other news, who's watching TwitchPlaysPokemon?

OK I'm not sure what you meant there but, yeah.

And thanks.

In other news, who's watching TwitchPlaysPokemon?

lol I am now, actually on season 2 of Battlestar Galactica and going to finish that up and then continue moving, lots of work to do. I can not wait till i can get in the neutral seat of these debates again it is so much more enjoyable.

All hail Helix :jawa_evil:

Edit: I just realized I said I would participate in this debate, and I only contributed like 5 posts. Hehe my bad. :D

That is participating, I hope to see you in more and hey maybe it would be awesome to see you form your own faction for the sequal to these kaggaths. :D

That is participating, I hope to see you in more and hey maybe it would be awesome to see you form your own faction for the sequal to these kaggaths. :D

Eh maybe, but my factions would be the most gimmicky and weirdest thing to ever happen. By the way, great job Tune in your debate. I was sure you had the fleets to overtake Selenial but those stealth ships were a challenge.

Eh maybe, but my factions would be the most gimmicky and weirdest thing to ever happen. By the way, great job Tune in your debate. I was sure you had the fleets to overtake Selenial but those stealth ships were a challenge.

oh absolutely I knew going into this there would be 2 great challenges to overcome. 1 Was Malachor which I feel i did over come :D. The other was a stealthy opponent which while I ultimately feel thats what beat me by the score, i can tell that it was by no easy means done. A book written around such a fight could easily make up a trilogy and the ending while likely for the DI would have been any ones guess. Just like my fight with the AE and with Lady's faction they were always close and I think that is what I am proudest of all about. This faction wasnt meant to win everything it was built to attempt to gain recognition for some of its players, getting it for some was easier then others but ultimately I dont think any one doubts that Luke and Leia are very skilled knights, Wedge is a brilliant tactitian, 88 was a fantastic bounty hunter and teh Rebel Alliance were an extremely skilled and willful bunch of individuals, they didnt have it today, but at least when some one says Leia vs Another Knight or sith, it may be taken as a serious debate about who could come out on top :D.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: The Dark Imperium

The Dark Imperium: 92

The Alliance of Worlds: 88

The next matchup will premiere soon. Stay tuned

Thanks for debating! That is all.

NGL, slightly surprised, not sure I was going to win.... but hey, great match :p

Like... Really good match, 125 pages of utter randomness but we still got some of the highest points yet :p

NGL, slightly surprised, not sure I was going to win.... but hey, great match :p

Like... Really good match, 125 pages of utter randomness but we still got some of the highest points yet :p

thats one of the best things about this match neither of us were sure we would win but seriously congrats sel. i am looking forward to playing the neutral party in your next debate. Be ready I feel the ones coming up may be even harder then the AoW.

Dude, that's what I thought my faction was....

Tbh I just hope I face Aurbere in the final, sort of because having Traya vs G0-T0 again would be hilariously wrong, but mainly because I don't want to face a huge faction again....

thats one of the best things about this match neither of us were sure we would win but seriously congrats sel. i am looking forward to playing the neutral party in your next debate. Be ready I feel the ones coming up may be even harder then the AoW.

Aurbere sweetie..... You're going down :jawa_evil:

Unless it's Warren.

Her faction terrifies me.

The other impossibility is that Mauls offence wouldn't break Leia tbh, his ridiculous skill with Jar'kai, Juyo and Niman were such a staunt offence that his offence became his main Defense against Sidious.... That's how good he was.

Scenarios are scenarios :p

The one for my first Kaggath had more plot holes than I care to count, but Canino still would have won :p

Edited by Selenial

Dude, that's what I thought my faction was....

Tbh I just hope I face Aurbere in the final, sort of because having Traya vs G0-T0 again would be hilariously wrong, but mainly because I don't want to face a huge faction again....

I think that change from Crunal or how ever you spell it to Maul has been a massive clencher and serious help to you, and I feel it did help bring it a little away from gimicky while still keeping its overall feel. Honestly a Theme is something some one should look at when making a faction. I went for an all biological faction with one guy that could potentially take away droids as an issue. I expected some one else to have a major force while others would have 2 elite minor forces so when i chose the rebels it was obviously to get some where in between not as elite as most peoples minor forces but not as lawls lacking in tactics as some overblown armies.

I think the AoW suffered more from a somewhat vague theme and some conflicting styles while yours used its theme as its strength. Using a theme and using it well helps a faction more then generalizing ever could :).

I think that change from Crunal or how ever you spell it to Maul has been a massive clencher and serious help to you, and I feel it did help bring it a little away from gimicky while still keeping its overall feel. Honestly a Theme is something some one should look at when making a faction. I went for an all biological faction with one guy that could potentially take away droids as an issue. I expected some one else to have a major force while others would have 2 elite minor forces so when i chose the rebels it was obviously to get some where in between not as elite as most peoples minor forces but not as lawls lacking in tactics as some overblown armies.

I think the AoW suffered more from a somewhat vague theme and some conflicting styles while yours used its theme as its strength. Using a theme and using it well helps a faction more then generalizing ever could :).

I agree, switching from Cronal to maul was huge.... Mainly because of Traya though.

In all fairness, I Semi forgot Beni was making this tournament :p

I'd expected to need to use Cronals visions in the debates, expecting Traya to be sorely underestimated as per, but it turns our we fixed that and Cronal was useless :p

He'd be good, hell, great for any other Sith faction though...

The other impossibility is that Mauls offence wouldn't break Leia tbh, his ridiculous skill with Jar'kai, Juyo and Niman were such a staunt offence that his offence became his main Defense against Sidious.... That's how good he was.

Scenarios are scenarios :p

The one for my first Kaggath had more plot holes than I care to count, but Canino still would have won :p

We can debate that, she was primarily a fast style user with Jar'kai of her own (remember fast style is a hybrid style with the BASE of Soresu thus her defenses would have been very strong)

but the point was as you said scenarios are scenarios they dont change the outcome I was just saying some work needs to be put into them so they arent so plot holey :) but beyond that Beni talked about it and said that a few of the words werent what he meant i have since accepted what he truly meant in the scenario, may not agree with it but its a matter of opinion on a debate that is over and as such its pointless to talk about it. ultimately Beni made the best choice he could with the info he had and we have to all aplaud him on these choices they can not be easy to make :D.