A quick question about elo. Is this right?

Aristore

So I'm currently sitting at 5-9 on pt, with an Elo of 1034. That means I'm more than 160 elo under the 1200 starting point. If you take that 160 and divide it by 4, the number of loses I'm away from a break even record, that means I am losing 40 elo for each loss. 40 elo per loss is a bit hash yeah?

Anyone know if BW has any plans to change this in the future?

Jk I know they dont.

But come on all this does is discourages below average players from ever queuing again if they lose their first few matches. No wonder ranked is dead/dying on most servers. Get your *** moving BW do something, please. More CM **** is not going to save you in the long run.

So I'm currently sitting at 5-9 on pt, with an Elo of 1034. That means I'm more than 160 elo under the 1200 starting point. If you take that 160 and divide it by 4, the number of loses I'm away from a break even record, that means I am losing 40 elo for each loss. 40 elo per loss is a bit hash yeah?

Anyone know if BW has any plans to change this in the future?

Jk I know they dont.

But come on all this does is discourages below average players from ever queuing again if they lose their first few matches. No wonder ranked is dead/dying on most servers. Get your *** moving BW do something, please. More CM **** is not going to save you in the long run.

You are way off with ELO. ELO is awesome. Everything you could ever want to know abut ELO can be found in this link.

It's like most things, you have to start at the bottom and work up. The more ranked you do the less you will lose for a loss. I got my new character on TOFN to 55 2 weeks ago. I'm sitting at 1461 on him now and I'm getting less and less for a win each time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is decided on the team you are facing, if they are a higher rating than yours you will lose less ELO for a loss,gain more for a win.

I didn't mean for it seem like I'm complaining about elo. I think elo is fine. Such a heavy emphasis on the first few rounds seem counter-productive though. If you start off unprepared for ranked or just have bad luck you're pretty screwed. Also the elo rating seems to be waaaay heavy on loses, and pretty light on wins.

As a comparison I'm currently 7-4 on my juggernaut, with an elo of only 1209. For my jugg I did have one particularly high rated team mate a few times but these numbers just seem off, and for the casual pvper who is trying ranked out for the first time I imagine it would feel like the game is rigged to lose.

Having good players on your team seems to dramatically reduce the elo you earn for a win, while drastically increasing the amount of elo you lose for a loss. This makes sense to some degree but imo the first few matches you play, at least until you actually have a rating, should award a static amount of elo. Say 15 elo for a win, 15 for a loss, regardless of who you play or who's on your team.

I didn't mean for it seem like I'm complaining about elo. I think elo is fine. Such a heavy emphasis on the first few rounds seem counter-productive though. If you start off unprepared for ranked or just have bad luck you're pretty screwed. Also the elo rating seems to be waaaay heavy on loses, and pretty light on wins.

As a comparison I'm currently 7-4 on my juggernaut, with an elo of only 1209. For my jugg I did have one particularly high rated team mate a few times but these numbers just seem off, and for the casual pvper who is trying ranked out for the first time I imagine it would feel like the game is rigged to lose.

Having good players on your team seems to dramatically reduce the elo you earn for a win, while drastically increasing the amount of elo you lose for a loss. This makes sense to some degree but imo the first few matches you play, at least until you actually have a rating, should award a static amount of elo. Say 15 elo for a win, 15 for a loss, regardless of who you play or who's on your team.

We should be able to buy ELO off the CM. I think that would improve ratings drastically.

:rak_04:

Probably gonna sound like a noob but what's ELO? :confused:

You and me both. I've seen the term used and assumed it was an acronym for something or some carryover from WoW. How about we just call it what it is: rating. It looks like Elo is more of a chess thing.

The first 10 games are worth exceptionally more than any games after that point.

Which is why its so freaking awesome when you have a teammate DC in both of your first 2 games. Yeah, you lose less for that than a 4v4 loss, but still. System is great.