Please remove lvl 51 req. on treasure hunting chests

Neglience

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ran a set of dailies on my lvl 50 artifice. Hit 51 in no time. I figure it was a lot faster than waiting for Bioware to respond to this problem and do something about it.....:D

My artificer is 22nd level. (I have three low level crafting alts.)

I really don't want to level him up just so I can open mission boxes.

Please take this restriction off.

I am at 64 boxes and counting in my cargo on a level 19 character. I am really not going to stop running my missions, but I don't want to vendor the boxes either. I have gotten some decent things like slicing and underworld trading missions from the boxes. So either they stay with a level 51 requirement and I level that toon, or you remove the restriction and I open my treasures for 30 minutes (yay!). A response would be great though one way or the other. Knowing the state of this issue is the first step. Community team, can you help us with some info please? :rak_tongue:

I have 2 treasure hunters that were at 400 skill prior to 2.0. One was 48, the other is 42. On the 48, I accululated a couple of dozen of these lockboxes while levelling to 51, and getting to 450. On the other, I levelled Archeology to 450. It makes zero sense that this one skill should provide items that are utterly unusable whereas with all others, you can at least pass on the mission rewards, whereas here they are bound to the character.

Bind on Legacy will do if Bioware have a "real" reason for keeping the level restriction, but better to remove it altogether.

Bind on Legacy will do if Bioware have a "real" reason for keeping the level restriction, but better to remove it altogether.

The issue is not level 50 alts but level 20 alts. You can only get these boxes if you have purchased the expansion. But B2L would at least require some toon be 51 which is not a problem. (As a philosophical matter, I don't like penalizing crafting alts. But I think almost all people who have purchased the expansion have a 51 by now.)

The issue is not level 50 alts but level 20 alts. You can only get these boxes if you have purchased the expansion. But B2L would at least require some toon be 51 which is not a problem. (As a philosophical matter, I don't like penalizing crafting alts. But I think almost all people who have purchased the expansion have a 51 by now.)

Duuuuh, if you don't buy the expansion, you cannot learn advanced treasure hunting to get the stupid boxes.

Duuuuh, if you don't buy the expansion, you cannot learn advanced treasure hunting to get the stupid boxes.

That was my point.

If you don't buy ROTHC, you can't train advanced skills so you have an incentive to spend the entire $10.

But these boxes only go to people who have upgraded to ROTHC, so removing the 51 restriction would not affect revenue.

It really is time for this level lock on boxes to go away. We can't equip the stupid gear, but low level alts need to be able to at least open the box so we can vendor, sell, or mail it. I am not leveling a TH alt to 51 just to open a stupid green box with some trash drop inside.

The boxes are bound to the TH alt that gets them, so you can't just mail them to your random 55 alt to open. You are forced to level your TH alt to 51 in order to open the boxes it gets.

The boxes being bound also is stupid. They should be sellable just like the other storage boxes we get in the game, like the ones from the comms vendors.

I am glad to see this thread is still alive. I will keep coming back here until we can get a yellow post. I am actually really excited to open all these boxes and see what I get. This will be a nice little credit boom for my level 20 character! However, I now have almost 2 full cargo bays of these boxes. I have 2 more cargo bays available and then I will have to start trashing the boxes, which I really don't want to do. Community team and/or devs.....can you please jump in and let us know what you think and get us some clarification. :rak_02:

This isn't the first thread on this by a long shot and I have seen the same issue brought up on other social media outlets, so it is impacting more than just a handful of people. :eek:

I'm sure hoping for a fix. Bind to legacy OR remove level 51 requirement. It would indeed be a fun day to see what is inside. I only have 30 or so, since I only run mission discoveries once I leveled the crafting to 55 - but what fun that would be.