Request to re-evalutate Contraband Jawa scrap drop rates please

Trevor_the_Bruce

I am fine with Jawa Junk being reduced, cause that one was the one that was severely affecting the ecconomy, but the other 2 were fine i thought. could we increase the drop rate of the other 2 Jawa Scraps please? These can be hardly sold for anything on the GTN but help us crafters a lot. I just feel that with the drop rate of all the Jawa Scraps being the same reduced rate, my slot machine is kinda worthless right now cause I am already maxed on the reputation. Thanks!

... And put the chips back to 500 each, that wasn't broken.

Yeah, why did they increase the chip price? I don't get that part at all. Now I can hit a "jackpot", win a banned holovid, and sell it to a vendor for a 250 cred net loss. Sweet!

Yeah, why did they increase the chip price? I don't get that part at all. Now I can hit a "jackpot", win a banned holovid, and sell it to a vendor for a 250 cred net loss. Sweet!

I still think it's kind of backwards that the rep items set off the "jackpot" fanfare while the Jawa scrap was treated like the "normal" prize.

But their reasoning that they explained for the increase does kind of feel off somehow... It kind of feels like a non-sequiter, like it didn't really have anything to do with anything. It was always their intention to increase the price as they released new machines anyway? Um, okay? I don't see a new machine made available alongside the one we had for a week before that change though.

Still though, there is also an actual "lose" rate as well. You're down the full value that you spent on the token in that case. A loss loses you the full bet. A green rep item makes it a smaller loss on the bet. A blue rep item makes it a small win on the bet. A purple rep item makes it a nice win on the bet. Before the token price increase that green rep was a "break even" result. And... Well, you're completely right. It's conceptually odd for a "win" to actually be a loss. "Break even" works as a win even if it's not a great way to win. But when a win is a loss the game is just mocking you.

Hmmm... Looking only at losses and rep wins, ignoring all other results, the odds on each spin are something like: 45% to lose, 27.1% to get green rep, 20.72% to get blue rep, 7.17% to get purple rep. (I took each rep rate over the total of all rep rates and multiplied them by 55% to get my four numbers to add to 100.) Green rep vendors for 500, blue vendors for 1000, and purple vendors for 2500. Expected Value = 45% * (-750) + 27.1% * (-250) + 20.72% * (+250) + 7.17% * (+1750) = -227.89 (In other words, if you keep running the slots A LOT at those rates and vendor all of the rep items, you can expect the long-term "profit" to be a net loss of about 228 credits... I think? It's been a while since I learned this so I'm not sure if that's supposed to be net gain overall or net gain per each multiple of the bet amount invested into it. It seems like it should be the second one, actually.) (I ignored non-rep prizes since they're virtually removed from the equation anyway. I should have adjusted the rates based on rerolls though, so it's not as accurate as it could be. Anyway, somebody could figure out appropriate values for if all scrap and certs were turned into items to sell (based on current prices, ignoring that the prices could change later) and combine those numbers with the full list of drop rates to figure out what the expected value would actually come out to.)

Bleh, anyway, yeah...

Leave blue drop rates where they were, drop purple by 70%, raise green by 70%, drop CM certs by 50%.

Done, then the machine works fine. And put the chips back to 500 each, that wasn't broken.

A change more along those lines would have been a more sensible target. Create some distinction between drop rates for green, blue, and purple scrap. They also could have reconsidered the pricing schemes of the Jawa vendors as another limiting factor. Create some distinction there as well. Make grade 1-2 mats costs 1 scrap each, make grade 3-5 mats cost 2 scrap each, make grade 6-8 mats cost 3 scrap each, make grade 9-11 mats cost 4 scrap each... Or something along those lines. Maybe the med supply and tech part items could all cost 1-2 extra over the rest of their grade as well? Point being, if they want high level materials to be at a certain premium, they shouldn't make them just as readily accessible with Jawa scrap as low level materials. We shouldn't be seeing all materials (with only a couple exceptions) trading at the same 1:1 rate.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

That is a good point... Grade 11 mats largely cost the same as Grade 1, which is silly...

The flip side is that if you change their cost, making Grade 11 mats cost 11 Jawa scrap/junk/etc., then you have issues with how much is paid by conquest and dropped by cartel packs. Those of course can be adjusted, but I'll bet you $50 they'd forget to in the first patch.

It is that lack of attention to detail that this game is so badly missing.

So... when are we going to get some kind of reply on this, one way or another?

Eric? Your customers are feeling ignored...

They already said at the Cantina thing they have no intentions of making a change.

Move on in whatever way you need to come to terms with the change.