Group and Raid Space Missions

I was wanting to get some opinions on what people thought about a few group or raid space missions. Since Bioware is introducing heroic space missions i thought it would be a good idea to bring up. There have been a few threads that i have read wanting the rail system in space missions gone, I couldn't think of a better reason to rid ourselves of the rail system than to implement group and raid space missions. I spoke with my cousin about this and he thought it would be a fun idea. As far as loot goes, possibly some form of space mission tokens to gain upgrades for ships, vanity items like ship recolors, maybe an epic ship drop, and possibly even abilities to unlock the ship perks for legacy for free.

Any constructive feedback would be great before I resubmit to a forum the devs may possibly read.

Could be part of the Super Space Project they mentioned at the livestream today

Jeff: They should name it “That Super Space Project”. It is so hard being a part of the development team sometimes as there are things that we are really excited about that I so wish we could talk about. I was actually playing what you are talking about yesterday – we run through the prototype demo (Damion: together). and together. I wish I could give you details. It is great, it is something that is a departure from our normal space game. It is something that we have a team right now dedicated to building and working on. It is also something that is pretty far out in the future. We are talking far out.. Not so far that you are not going to see it within the scope of game time. It is so great, I wish I could tell you more. You are probably not going to hear about it for a while also.

Damion: It is going to be under wraps but it is definitely moving along. It is a lot of fun. It is definitely not what we shipping in the original product.

Have Lucasarts license some other company to make a new space combat sim, that has good multi-player, and exploration modes.

I rather not see the resources that would be needed to make a half way decent product be taken away from other aspects of this game.

I know SWG had free exploration space, but honestly SWG was never successful and probably was kept alive as long as it did to prevent the IP being used in another MMO that would of competed with EQ2.

swg was so unsuccessful it stayed open for 8 years or so, sony hated making money off the title i'm sure??

solid playerbase, great profits from trading card game, yep total fail, people remember things funny, JTL was a huge positive to SWG not one of its problems by a long shot.

been asking for free flight and multiplayer space content since early beta, maybe they are ready to hear the players

Edited by Thoop