For the Love of God change PVP

wscs

BioWare for the Love of God put 50-55 in their own pvp area and not in a que with 30's. I mean really I know why it was done but come on. If you want a good customer experience and you like having people pay you to continue your work then offer some incentives to get those levels in their own pvp matches. I was a beta tester and I have been with you all since the start but please FOR THE LOVE of GOD make some needed changes. It's not a lot of fun having a group of 50's ganking a group of 30's-40's unless I get on my 50's and do it and I simply refuse to gank a bunch of low level players.. Thanks.

When I pvp'd on my 30s marauder and shadow I killed 50+ players, so not seeing a problem.

Unless I'm mistaken the bolster mechanic everyone hates so much actually compensates 30-40 lvl players in that bracket for not having skill trees filled out or all of their abilities/cooldowns - just like it does with lvl 10 players in the first bracket.

50 Gear vs 40 gear makes a huge difference. Not saying the stats are not adjusted but the gear gives a huge advantage. My 50's can take a lot more and I don't have any issues taking out 30-40's and they really can't do much about it. When the game was first out at 49 your were moved to the 49-50 pvp area. It needs to go back to it unless you just like to gank.

When the game was first out at 49 your were moved to the 49-50 pvp area. It needs to go back to it unless you just like to gank.

False.

When the game came out everyone was in one bracket, 10-50. It was change to 10-49 and 50 after that whole mess of Champ/Cent geared players destroying level 15's.

BioWare for the Love of God put 50-55 in their own pvp area and not in a que with 30's. I mean really I know why it was done but come on. If you want a good customer experience and you like having people pay you to continue your work then offer some incentives to get those levels in their own pvp matches. I was a beta tester and I have been with you all since the start but please FOR THE LOVE of GOD make some needed changes. It's not a lot of fun having a group of 50's ganking a group of 30's-40's unless I get on my 50's and do it and I simply refuse to gank a bunch of low level players.. Thanks.

Why must crappy players describe their losing experiences as ganking?

50 Gear vs 40 gear makes a huge difference. Not saying the stats are not adjusted but the gear gives a huge advantage. My 50's can take a lot more and I don't have any issues taking out 30-40's and they really can't do much about it. When the game was first out at 49 your were moved to the 49-50 pvp area. It needs to go back to it unless you just like to gank.

You posted this in the PvP forum...I assume you've heard of "Bolster"?

In warzones level 45 mods are better than 50+ mods. There is no significant gear advantage to being 50-54 over being mid 40's. The advantage over level 30-40 if well geared is also minimal. People blaming their warzone losses on being lower level are honestly looking for a reason they lost when the real answer is they are gearing more poorly than they could, have a poor build for PvP, or just are not playing well. The level difference has little to nothing to do with it.

Since lowbie pvp is kind of a mini-game (of a minigame that is pvp already), there isn't really a reason to do this. If you think being 50+ in a lowbie warzone is OP or something, then simply don't queue until you're that level. I really don't think the devs should waste time trying to balance non-factoring lowbie pvp. Both tiers are also quite fine, TBH.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I've leveled a ton of alts and have plenty of times beaten teams full of 50+ players with teams that are a mixed bag of 30-40 players. Lowbie bracket is fine the way it is.

False. There is this thing called bolster. At lower levels your stats are bolstered higher than that of a level 50 to compensate for the level gap. You hit harder than them and you have better defensive stats than them.

Its a L2P issue. Nothing more, nothing less. You can get 1000hps with level 20 on every healing class and 1000dps with level 30 on every dps class in almost every single game and do alot more, on some occasions. Now think about how many people dont even get a 360k medal in these brackets. Its a L2P issue. Oh wait, I already said that. Did I mention it's a L2P issue? Pls L2P.

False.

When the game came out everyone was in one bracket, 10-50. It was change to 10-49 and 50 after that whole mess of Champ/Cent geared players destroying level 15's.

Yes, but how long did they take until that was changed ?

Since lowbie pvp is kind of a mini-game (of a minigame that is pvp already), there isn't really a reason to do this. If you think being 50+ in a lowbie warzone is OP or something, then simply don't queue until you're that level. I really don't think the devs should waste time trying to balance non-factoring lowbie pvp. Both tiers are also quite fine, TBH.

Thanks for proving my prejudice that High-end players do not want anything added or fixed in Low-level gaming.

Elitism, again.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I don't know, does it matter? Your post was wrong, that's what I was pointing out. There was no 49 to 50 bracket like you said. It was long enough for people at 50 to get whole sets of RNG gear so it was at least a month or so.

Thanks for proving my prejudice that High-end players do not want anything added or fixed in Low-level gaming.

Elitism, again.

It's not elitism. There is nothing elite about getting to lvl 55. Are you planning on staying level 35 for ever? It's not worth completely breaking the queues for a temporary problem. Honestly how many 50-54's do you see per WZ, maybe 1 or 2 unless there is a group of friends queuing together that are the same level. There is no reason why BW should split the queues again. 50-54 players would be waiting an eternity for queue pops.

It's not elitism. There is nothing elite about getting to lvl 55. Are you planning on staying level 35 for ever? It's not worth completely breaking the queues for a temporary problem. Honestly how many 50-54's do you see per WZ, maybe 1 or 2 unless there is a group of friends queuing together that are the same level. There is no reason why BW should split the queues again. 50-54 players would be waiting an eternity for queue pops.

Just ignore him, Alrik is a terribad and in his opinion everyone who has the simplest understanding of the game is an elitist

(Oh and in his opinion the devs favor the imps over the reps, that's why the imps are better :rolleyes:)

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Just ignore him, Alrik is a terribad and in his opinion everyone who has the simplest understanding of the game is an elitist

(Oh and in his opinion the devs favor the imps over the reps, that's why the imps are better :rolleyes:)

This is the part where he vomits more insecurity complex and misappropriates psych theory.

i love low brackets, every time i level a char i find friends and run wz in premades in those level tiers..always been fine..never felt the level gap was a problem..a lot of people don't even know which abilities they have..

There was just a thread like this, and I'll say the same thing I did there:

The discrepancy between 10-29 is bigger than 30-54. At 10, only a few classes have a bubble or a stun and, more than likely, they're stuck at low-end EXP.

By level 30, most classes have their most important skills and can have 2018.

I'm siding with the OP on this. I felt MORE competitive in the 10-49 brackets than the 30-54 bracket. However, I don't think it is gear based as much as the the additional skills that lvl 50-54 gives you. Some characters do stuff I've never seen before (only have 2 x lvl 55s). All in all..I still have fun.

Why must crappy players describe their losing experiences as ganking?

Lol!

He didn't mention the time he's lost to lower level players. That's for another thread about Bioware not addressing all the hackers in the game.

I love the lower brackets because there is nothing predictable in them.

Higher level brackets become more and more boring because of predictability and everyone knows their jobs.

But most PvPers rather remain in the Ranked brackets - which are the most predictable ones because the roles are fixed.

About 6 weeks, quite a long time really, and then the only other bracket was 10-49 up until 2.0 went live.

Elitism, again.

It's not really that. I have a 30 gunslinger and 31 guardian right now and both are among the most successful in any warzone I play. If I am able to compete effectively against 51-54 toons on these characters, why can't everyone else? They have access to the same tools I do. It makes me think that the game system is fine as is, so I would rather the developers put their efforts elsewhere.

They only time your are really at a disadvantage in lowbees in when you get in a arena and face 4 51+ guys with a team of 30s. Other than that with enough skill and correct gear you can wreck anyone at any level. Try practicing using Target of focus target. Teams that know how to use this will wipe out 90% of their enemies just by using this in lowbees