Sith Assassin big hits in Huttball!

Keiste

Hey guys! I would love for you guys to check out my video! Pretty much the title says it all...

Huge hits with Maul and Discharge upwards to 12k. Let me know what you guys think. If you like the video hit the like button, like wise for dislike. Leave a comment either in the video or the thread. Any kind of feedback would really help! Consider subscribe because I have software now and I will be more consistent with my videos! Thanks for the time to read this! Enjoy

-Keiste

P.S. Something went wrong with the video rendering. It didn't properly render at 1080p. I'm looking into the problem because it could affect future videos.

This was all one Huttball and it was on Mole who was an assassin who odly had 30k health total. I show mainly all the clips on hitting him for most of the clips. However it was a full huttball and the rest of the footage wasn't interesting to me :/.

Sorry to disappoint :(

This guy can do 30k damage in 3 gcds and they're nerfing smash. makes perfect sense.

PS. I had to mute the video to be able to watch it.

Come back and whine when an assassin can do over 10k AoE damage in one GCD-potentially over 50k damage in 1 GCD.

This guy can do 30k damage in 3 gcds and they're nerfing smash. makes perfect sense.

Well the first person I guarantee that the player he hit had no expertise since it was open world and then the second person had no stim and was playing madness and then I shut it off.

There is a good reason why smash is getting a nerf. I only hit for 12k off a proc of Duplicity, which make my Maul hit 30% harder. Also Maul is positional ability that can only be used behind the target.

Not saying Smash should be a viable spec. But there are instance when a smash Marauder can hit multiple targets for 10k. There is a video on twitch of that happening. Moving it to single target will provide a much more stable class that will require better usage of smash rather than random times.

Whenever I find that video I will post it here!

Come back and whine when an assassin can do over 10k AoE damage in one GCD-potentially over 50k damage in 1 GCD.

Except the current ranked meta is single target burst and you almost never see double smasher teams anymore because they suck. and at least for juggernauts, rage was the only viable solo ranked dps spec.

Except the current ranked meta is single target burst and you almost never see double smasher teams anymore because they suck. and at least for juggernauts, rage was the only viable solo ranked dps spec.

This correct. The best team comps that I have participated and seen have been favoring madness sorcs. Hower, smash will still be a viable spec in the coming patch, it will just take some getting used to.

Then you have nothing to complain about because single target was not affected at all.

All I saw in that huttball was the one guy that you kept hitting for 12k, probably in like recruit gear.

Also I said this video was big hits. So you should expect big hits for the entire video :p

Well the first person I guarantee that the player he hit had no expertise since it was open world and then the second person had no stim and was playing madness and then I shut it off.

You should get in our next madness sin group.

Edited by Invictusthetaru

There is a good reason why smash is getting a nerf. I only hit for 12k off a proc of Duplicity, which make my Maul hit 30% harder. Also Maul is positional ability that can only be used behind the target.

Not saying Smash should be a viable spec. But there are instance when a smash Marauder can hit multiple targets for 10k. There is a video on twitch of that happening. Moving it to single target will provide a much more stable class that will require better usage of smash rather than random times.

Whenever I find that video I will post it here!

You seem like a nice guy, so I am reluctantly parsing a portion of your post.

Maul does not require the Assassin to be behind the target. The same goes for operatives and scoundrels. There is roughly a 270 degree arc around the target that is viable for Maul and backstab to be used. Basically, the player cannot be directly in front of the target he/she intends to Maul. Admittedly, this makes it slightly more difficult to use than smash (more likely smash is easier to use since using Maul is not difficult) but it is not a hardship to have Maul so hindered.

I love how you ignore the ballcarrier at 1:05 and rather zerg a bit, resulting in the enemy team scoring.

Also, the music is horrible.

What i love is one's persons QQ in every thread know to man on a smash nerf cough cough.

Some one need a time out today on the forums

Edited by Neoforcer

Watch your procs for maul (unproc mauling = bad idea) and you missed using 3 stacks of discharge with your recklessness up a few times. Good video tho :D

Edit: Hit recklessness after you spike someone, so you don't waste a charge of it.

Edited by Jmenks

You seem like a nice guy, so I am reluctantly parsing a portion of your post.

Maul does not require the Assassin to be behind the target. The same goes for operatives and scoundrels. There is roughly a 270 degree arc around the target that is viable for Maul and backstab to be used. Basically, the player cannot be directly in front of the target he/she intends to Maul. Admittedly, this makes it slightly more difficult to use than smash (more likely smash is easier to use since using Maul is not difficult) but it is not a hardship to have Maul so hindered.

Actually it's 180 degree arc. The 270 degree arc, where 75% of most mauls happen, is a latency cushion arc. So you are partially correct. However, that is still more positional requirement than smash. Plus when a marauder smashes all stacks of shock wave are distributed to all players in the AOE.

Last note. Can we stop the class discussion and QQ about what class needs to be nerfed. I started this thread to share a video of my biggest hits I've ever had in SWTOR, not to discuss class ballence :/

Watch your procs for maul (unproc mauling = bad idea) and you missed using 3 stacks of discharge with your recklessness up a few times. Good video tho :D

Edit: Hit recklessness after you spike someone, so you don't waste a charge of it.

Lol I usually do it's kinda a forced habit! xD Not really sure why i didn't use it there, i tend to space out and just aimlessly smack things in regs :p. But i find myself using cds, on the same keybind, on my other toons and constantly pressing them wondering why recklessness doesn't work haha.

Then you have nothing to complain about because single target was not affected at all.

The point behind Rage never was single target DPS, it was AoE pressure, why can't half of the players get this in their dam heads, smash ISN'T MEANT TO BE SINGLE TARGET! The total dmg output was excessive, yes, we all agree on that and it's true, but turning an AoE spec into a wannabe single target spec that gets gutted as soon as it comes against somebody with a 30% AoE reduction is not the solution. Decreasing the dmg Smash did per target by say 30-40% in total was more than OK.

Edited by Tevzz

The point behind Rage never was single target DPS, it was AoE pressure, why can't half of the players get this in their dam heads, smash ISN'T MEANT TO BE SINGLE TARGET! The total dmg output was excessive, yes, we all agree on that and it's true, but turning an AoE spec into a wannabe single target spec that gets gutted as soon as it comes against somebody with a 30% AoE reduction is not the solution. Decreasing the dmg Smash did per target by say 30-40% in total was more than OK.

A LOL OVERPOWERED sin with all sorts of buffs can lucky-crit a PvE geared noob for 12k. That's 12k of total damage and peace out.

A current smasher can do 10k on PvP geared targets (see recent threads for higher), I got 10819 2 days ago on my full PvP geared and augmented other character. But not on a guy, but on multiple. Imagine something like 10k + "just" 3 x 7k = 10 + 21k = 31k. 31k total damage in one single move. And they find it balanced?

After the nerf it will be say 10k + 3 x 4k (I am purposedly limiting numbers and targets it) = 22k. Poor things!

Let's see how many other melee classes do 22k on 4 targets shall we?

Edited by Vaerah

A LOL OVERPOWERED sin with all sorts of buffs can lucky-crit a PvE geared noob for 12k. That's 12k of total damage and peace out.

A current smasher can do 10k on PvP geared targets (see recent threads for higher), I got 10819 2 days ago on my full PvP geared and augmented other character. But not on a guy, but on multiple. Imagine something like 10k + "just" 3 x 7k = 10 + 21k = 31k. 31k total damage in one single move. And they find it balanced?

After the nerf it will be say 10k + 3 x 4k (I am purposedly limiting numbers and targets it) = 22k. Poor things!

Let's see how many other melee classes do 22k on 4 targets shall we?

Smash on a secondary target w/o Auto-crit and Singularity does not hit for more than 3k...ever, average dmg is around 2.5k, Vengeance Juggs who take Decimate hit for that amount, and they have a 6% dmg bonus to force attacks just from Shien form. And no, a "LOL OVERPOWERED sin" can still get a maul crit for 10k on a PvP geared player. Not to mention stacked surging charge Discharges that casually crit for 7k+ on anybody when paired with recklessness.

Smash should do 5-6k to the 5 targets, not more, this way, it still keeps its AoE burst but it gets toned down to more manageable amounts of dmg for healers. There's a big difference between 4-5 guys eating 8-10k and 4-5 guys eating 5-6k. Besides if you manage to hit 4 people or 5 with Smash then they deserve it for standing so close. Where the heck is it written to stay grouped? Unless you want AoE heals it absolutely isn't necessary, and I see no reason for people to do it.