New pvp gear?

Jistafford

So Galactic strongholds is releasing this month for subs (yay) and i was thinking, hey they might change out the pvp gear. The devs seem to do that a lot. Once i hit lvl 40 i was interested in pvp, that was around the time that troopers had access the the partisan gear so i thought i'd work for that. 1 or 2 months of inactivity later (i couldn't buy the gear because i was still under 55) and they changed the unranked gear to the conqueror's sets. No big deal that looks kinda cool, i ended up getting 4 pieces and started to really like pvp. Then, 2 maybe 3 months of inactivity later, devs remove that set and put this crap up instead.

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/03/Brutalizer-Trooper-Male-Close.png

Why.....

This probably doesn't piss off a lot of other people but damn, this gear just looks really crappy. I just can't stand the look and damn i hope they change it. So now the question, do you think they'll change the pvp gear when GS releases? If we can't get new gear can we at least get some of the older sets?

So Galactic strongholds is releasing this month for subs (yay) and i was thinking, hey they might change out the pvp gear. The devs seem to do that a lot. Once i hit lvl 40 i was interested in pvp, that was around the time that troopers had access the the partisan gear so i thought i'd work for that. 1 or 2 months of inactivity later (i couldn't buy the gear because i was still under 55) and they changed the unranked gear to the conqueror's sets. No big deal that looks kinda cool, i ended up getting 4 pieces and started to really like pvp. Then, 2 maybe 3 months of inactivity later, devs remove that set and put this crap up instead.

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/03/Brutalizer-Trooper-Male-Close.png

Why.....

This probably doesn't piss off a lot of other people but damn, this gear just looks really crappy. I just can't stand the look and damn i hope they change it. So now the question, do you think they'll change the pvp gear when GS releases? If we can't get new gear can we at least get some of the older sets?

Never wear the baseline pvp gear unless you plan to farm it twice. Use orange sets so you don't have to constantly re augment your gear. With that said, no, there is no new gear with GS. We probably wont see a new gear set for pvp till 3.0 with the expansion where the level cap will most likely be raised (*sigh*) and all gear grinds are reset for the new cap.

Hmmm, I've heard that it's better to use the actual pvp gear because you get bonus damage against other players. Anyway, where can i get good enough mods for orange gear? At the moment i'm wearing the trooper basic gear set (minus two implants the shield and two relics) so would that work once i finish the whole set?

Hmmm, I've heard that it's better to use the actual pvp gear because you get bonus damage against other players. Anyway, where can i get good enough mods for orange gear? At the moment i'm wearing the trooper basic gear set (minus two implants the shield and two relics) so would that work once i finish the whole set?

1) Get PvP set.

2) Find a set of gear with an appearance to your liking.

3) Take mods out of PvP set and put it into your more fashionable gear.

4) Augment it and enjoy PvP.

You are confusing shells with mods. Shells are just the dress up item that makes your toon look like it's wearing a certain piece of clothing. Mods are the Armor, Mod, and Enhancement that plug into the shell.

You are right, in a player vs player scenario out in the world, you will get a defensive and offensive boost with pvp gear. So these guys in this post are not saying you don't need to wear pvp gear, they are saying you don't have to wear pvp shells. If you like the pvp shells, just augment those and continually swap in the new mods as they come out. Otherwise, augment a set of shells you like and swap in the mods you get from purchasing pvp gear.

Oh, i understand now. That's a bit of a relief too since i just found out how to make a stormtrooper like set lol. Anyway thanks for the answers to my many newb-ish questions. I've been playing since before F2P and still hardly know anything about the game.

Yes.

Wish I'd stocked up on that helm or learned the schematics or whatever the hell. I only have 1 and it's the best looking by far for troopers.

I have like 2 each on my Commando and Vanguard lol. I think they are still on the Makeb guy or maybe the classic vendor. I may have to get like 4 more before the next expac :rak_03:

Gotta do something with those classic comms from dailies.

Edited by Capt_Beers

I have like 2 each on my Commando and Vanguard lol. I think they are still on the Makeb guy or maybe the classic vendor. I may have to get like 4 more before the next expac :rak_03:

Gotta do something with those classic comms from dailies.

Thanks I missed that... time to go shopping.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Yes.

Wish I'd stocked up on that helm or learned the schematics or whatever the hell. I only have 1 and it's the best looking by far for troopers.

You can still get those helmets from the classic comm vendor. Also I believe you can RE the campaign ones to learn the schematic if you wish to preserve the helmet after the expansion.

but why bother when there are better looks to be had.

Edited by Zoom_VI