New Merc/Mando Jetpack Ability!

Warlord_Maliken

JETPACK DISENGAGE - You quickly fly backwards in the air for 2 seconds. [Cooldown]: XX seconds.

(skip to 50 sec on)

(yes you'll have to sort of aim it by recognizing your surroundings so that you don't fail to gain distance by jetpacking into a wall right behind you)

JETPACK LEAP - Target a location on the ground to jetpack to it. [Cooldown]: XX seconds.

(short vid)

This ability could be restricted to higher elevation so you wouldn't be able to jump from the pit up onto the goal line in Huttball.

Please keep in mind that if this was added to the mercenary/commando, that other factors in the class arsenal would be altered in order to maintain 'balance'. Just think of the mechanic, its entertainment value, and its practicality in pvp and pve.

[Philosophy] Star Wars bounty hunter characteristics are (a) cool looking armor (b) cool gun(s) © jetpack mobility. However, in swtor the jetpack mobility doesn't exist. Jetpack = Lunchbox?.. In regard to Commandos, they can use jetpacks too! The republic commandos are no joke, just watch the cinematics. In swtor if you play a commando, lore wise you are one of the best in the galaxy and thats how you compete with all these force users, so its applicable that they too could have jetpacks in their gear sets. Lastly, in PvP this ability does not victimize attackers/meleesharks - it simply gains distance. In other words, you aren't trolling the experience of your enemy to the same degree of a stun or cc effect and I think everyone can agree to that. As a Juggernaut, i personally think it would be fun to play against mercs/mandos that actually use those jetpacks, it would feel star warzy.

Would you like to see either of these abilities in the game? And if so which of the two?

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

First make a New item slot in Charakters and let different classes wear different New items with New abilities and or stats.

Let BH and commandos put a jetpack on any chest they would like!

Agents and smugglers would use some kind of Sensor relays

Force users get artifacts or something.

And then balance the new items!

good idea, bad name. Keep stealing names from WoW and blizzard will own dis ****.

Next thing you know. Kung Fu Pandas everywhere. People screaming "For da empire" everytime they do something. Empire sleeping with Republic.

Chaos I tell you....chaos.

But its a good idea, just needs a different name.

Edited by Haystak

i like the ideas in general, maybe one skill tree has it instead of the knockback.

Yes exactly. The silly jetpack knockback has never made any sense, and either of the two suggestions in the original post would REPLACE the knockback. Its just awkward anyway.

Also, I think this should be on the pvp forum because pvp'ers would get effected by it a lot and most people have a mercenary/commando of their own at this point. And as i said, i mainly play a juggernaut but i would love to fight against mandos/mercs that use their jetpack to gain mobility like in the movies. Though, this ability surely has its pve practicalities. A lot of posts are made about "aww... im a merc and a stealther is abusing me and i cant do anything" and/or "its just really boring when someone attacks you." The original post really changes the class for the best if its implemented, and makes things way more fun and interactive.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Jetpack leap totally wouldn't break huttball.

1. It wouldn't be allowed to leap to higher elevated points as previously stated. i.e. You cant leap from the pit to the goal line.

2. Does a juggernaut break huttball with 2 charges (cc immunity after too, if you're vengeance)?

3. Does roll break huttball for operative/smuggler? Crazy good distance.

A merc with the jetpack leap and H.O. (at its current state) would be silly, and as i said, certain #'s could be moved around to make sure its not too out of hand. H.O could last a few sec shorter. Healers could get a passive to make it slightly longer. Many adjustments can be made to make it fair. I personally think it would be fine.

Neat idea and fits with lore.

TBH it's unfair that Sages and Sins S key + Force Speed all the time but the guys with jetpacks can't even use them to disengage. :rak_07:

I've seen plenty of commandos and vanguards S key + hold the line

Jump-packs for troopers (think Dark Trooper from battlefront), Jet-packs for bounty hunters, easy.

exactly. its practical for both commando and mercenary. Its almost like, what are they waiting for? I think i heard something about them running on a new engine now? So i wouldn't be surprised if we see either of these abilities in a future expansion.