Minesweeper title (Colonel Vorgath, Denova Ops)

This doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere except in the PTS threads, but I was wondering if anyone could clarify how this title is awarded/distributed to the Operations group after defeating Colonel Vorgath? My guild killed him yesterday, and only one member received the title; the person who operated the tower didn't even receive it :/

In PTS threads, people have claimed that their entire Ops group received the Minesweeper title, whilst another group had only two players receive it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran this last night. Seems only the people who get the tool-kit and diffuse the yellow mine are awarded the title.

We are not sure how it is determined who gets the tool-kit as our tank got 3 of them and a mdps got it once. Both were awarded the title. Is it proximity? Is it agro/threat?

Ran this last night. Seems only the people who get the tool-kit and diffuse the yellow mine are awarded the title.

We are not sure how it is determined who gets the tool-kit as our tank got 3 of them and a mdps got it once. Both were awarded the title. Is it proximity? Is it agro/threat?

Think the Toolkit is determined by who gets the killing blow on the probe droid.

This is actually correct. Tested it myself last night.

Sigh. Here's another test for you, one to prove you're wrong...

Have everyone dps from max melee range, and the person you want to be the defuser stand underneath the boss. When it dies, the person underneath the boss will get it every single time.

Why do you think in Methodicals video, all 4 times in 16 man the sage healer got the defuse kit even though he never attacked the droids once?

Sigh. Here's another test for you, one to prove you're wrong...

Have everyone dps from max melee range, and the person you want to be the defuser stand underneath the boss. When it dies, the person underneath the boss will get it every single time.

Why do you think in Methodicals video, all 4 times in 16 man the sage healer got the defuse kit even though he never attacked the droids once?

How did I get it last night when I was popping assassin droids standing in the opposite corner away from the droid? :confused:

How did I get it last night when I was popping assassin droids standing in the opposite corner away from the droid? :confused:

Dumb luck unless the game glitched.

We have people who don't have the minesweeper title takes turns standing underneath the boss. This way we know ahead of time who will defuse, and we can hope to spread out the titles. Never fails for us, the person underneath always gets it.

(If you watch methodicals 16 man HM video, they use the same tactic.)

Edited by xenofire

you are wrong it is the person closest to the boss who gets the kit it was either me the jugg tank or our mara who got the kit as we were the closest people to him

^^ Person closest. We always have our tank get it, so he is in position for the next probe immediately.

Every time I have done this ops, I have operated the tower. The first couple of times I did not get the title. The third time, I got the title. I have no idea about the why / how / who...

Maybe someone could link in a description of what the title achievement says?

Hate to break it to you guys, but the person who gets the killing blow gets the toolkit to disarm the mine in the next field. However, I'm still not sure how the title is handed out. The person running the controls up top got it in our run, and I got it myself. However, the tank who also got a few killing blows and disarmed some, did not get the title. Also the person who disabled the field just before the boss fight didn't either.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the person who gets the killing blow gets the toolkit to disarm the mine in the next field. However, I'm still not sure how the title is handed out. The person running the controls up top got it in our run, and I got it myself. However, the tank who also got a few killing blows and disarmed some, did not get the title. Also the person who disabled the field just before the boss fight didn't either.

This is not true.

It is the closest proximity to the Droid, as others have stated.

If you are standing directly under the droid (assuming others are further), you will get the toolkit and, if you then complete the boss fight, the title.

Edited by Nyjin

No, no, and no. I am a healer. I wanted the title, so I stood under a few probes while healing people. I did zero damage. I got the kit, defused the mine, and later got the title. It is proximity alone, period.