Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

CourtneyWoods

Why does it feel that BioWare prefers the imps? Last tme a complete Imp team, no more imps that reps. And then BioWare wonders why people always say BioWare prefers the imps.

Just stop.

In a sense they are preferring Pubs as you will queue against them.

Last time imps didn't even get a match against the devs.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thanks go out to the devs for playing last night. I was fortunate enough to play one match with Bwshadow (tank) and Bwsage (healer) on my team, and BWinq (dps) and Bwtech (tank) on the opposing team. Even though I was on the loosing side of a match that went the whole 5 minutes each round, I still had fun, and I can say that I would gladly play with or against any of these guys/gals again.

I can also say that I appreciate the fact that there is a solo queue for ranked arenas, and for the match making system that makes that possible. My only regret is that they did not do the same for the 8v8 ranked warzones. I am sure that I along with many other staunch solo queuers would have participated in them if they had, and maybe that would have helped to save them from extinction.

Great fun last night (for us Europeans). Was fortunate to play with BWScoundrel on one arena.

I just wanted to report a bug (and already submited a ticket): I played two times with Imps with my Guardian. Not sure if that was intended, but it seemed odd since I didn't get anymore games with that setup.

Of course! We are going to pay close attention to what builds and classes players are leaning towards and away from on PTS. If something comes up we will take appropriate action.

So, what did you find out about Bodyguard, Corruption, Madness, Deception, Darkness, Concealment and Pyrotech specs then? Any obvious things popping up during your observation? Any aprropriate course of action being initiated on this fine Monday?

So, what did you find out about Bodyguard, Corruption, Madness, Deception, Darkness, Concealment and Pyrotech specs then? Any obvious things popping up during your observation? Any aprropriate course of action being initiated on this fine Monday?

Well it's obvious that Sorcs just need to H2F and make them pay for trying to kill us:rolleyes:

After all it's not like BW clearly doesn't play their own game at a high level right?

• 3 weeks later...
Like the idea of the WZ changes, and im sure i will love it way more, but i'm very curious as to what your plan is about removing the f2p restrictions? I'm asking this because the majority of the people Subscribe for the unlimited WZ and operations, if you take away that cap, then why would anyone want to subscribe? I mean, this could just be me, but i doubt that enough people would subscribe just for quicker exp gain, which means your profit drops, and then means that you wont be able to pay for the upkeep of the server without losing money. So i guess my question is "whats the catch" because if there isn't one then i believe this is a poor choice of action.

• 5 weeks later...
Ah so you're the guy who's blog I was supposed to have read to find out about the pre 2.4 wz titles. Hey thanks buddy ,for posting that oh I don't know, anywhere else, like in channels that are used to pass on information to players in general. Twitter, email newsletter, facebook, the site? I found out about these titles two days. Nobody in my guild knew about it, none of my friends mentioned and nobody on the fleet mentioned it. Now BioWare implements titles and collections and that appeals to people like me who are really passionate about collecting in game. But I don't have a crystal ball! How am I supposed to guess that one small little line in a developer's pvp blog is your idea of informing people? You ruined the game for me, congratulations. I value collecting titles and achievements more than anything, thanks to you sticking to one line in a blog I have no reason to read in the first place because I'm not all that much into pvp and I don't have the time to check all the blogs; there's now a title I can never get anymore. I haven't missed a single event since the beta, and now this. I won't put up it with, if this is how BioWare handles things, then it's game over for me. And that's on you, Alex Modny.

Please be a troll.

Ah so you're the guy who's blog I was supposed to have read to find out about the pre 2.4 wz titles. Hey thanks buddy ,for posting that oh I don't know, anywhere else, like in channels that are used to pass on information to players in general. Twitter, email newsletter, facebook, the site? I found out about these titles two days. Nobody in my guild knew about it, none of my friends mentioned and nobody on the fleet mentioned it. Now BioWare implements titles and collections and that appeals to people like me who are really passionate about collecting in game. But I don't have a crystal ball! How am I supposed to guess that one small little line in a developer's pvp blog is your idea of informing people? You ruined the game for me, congratulations. I value collecting titles and achievements more than anything, thanks to you sticking to one line in a blog I have no reason to read in the first place because I'm not all that much into pvp and I don't have the time to check all the blogs; there's now a title I can never get anymore. I haven't missed a single event since the beta, and now this. I won't put up it with, if this is how BioWare handles things, then it's game over for me. And that's on you, Alex Modny.

Drama queen a bit more for us. Be sure to make an unsub thread for us letting your hate flow through you.

Um, actually, not necessarily. LOL

As long as he doesn't interfere with anyone else's right he has every right to voice his opinion.

I completely agree with his post as I learned of the title when I logged onto my main and got it. Only 2 of my toons earned the title though but luckily those were my collectors.

As long as he doesn't interfere with anyone else's right he has every right to voice his opinion.

I completely agree with his post as I learned of the title when I logged onto my main and got it. Only 2 of my toons earned the title though but luckily those were my collectors.

Untrue. Targeting a specific Bioware employee is not allowed, nor has it ever been. It's clear as you yourself said that in reality you're only defending this guy because you agree with him.

First off arenas are a cool addition, however can you guys separate them from the warzone queue. I think its pretty frustrating to pug an arena. especially if the opposing team is not pugging. I have also encountered the problem of matches where both sides have 3 healers and a tank. as you can imagine those games end up hitting the "draw" portion of the match. so PLEASE bw give arenas their own queue option that is separate from the warzone queue!

• 5 weeks later...
First off arenas are a cool addition, however can you guys separate them from the warzone queue. I think its pretty frustrating to pug an arena. especially if the opposing team is not pugging. I have also encountered the problem of matches where both sides have 3 healers and a tank. as you can imagine those games end up hitting the "draw" portion of the match. so PLEASE bw give arenas their own queue option that is separate from the warzone queue!

Agreed, but mainly because I have no interest in 4v4, I've had nothing but boring or bad experiences in them and to be honest I don't have enough play-time to do Op's so PVP is my only reason to log in... As 50-75% of my WZ invites are arenas I just end up logging. **** experience imo

• 5 months later...