Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I just finished the BH story and i'm impressed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I just finished the BH story and i'm impressed.

squallleon
09.30.2016 , 06:28 AM | #1
So, i finished the BH story to complete my 8/8 and get the gold icon but i am also positively surprised with the story.

i have played the BH story with a male and balanced choices.

i had this idea that the BH would be the less trained of the non-force users, since he was a common thug that became a hunter.

The trooper is a member of havoc, agent is a highly trained spy and the smuggler is a master of talk out situations. But my BH seemed not only resourceful and collected, but a great strategist as well. No only that, the BH have the highest kill count of force users for the non-force classes.

For me it was:
6 jedi masters (including the mandalorian killer and the battlemaster)
1 jedi knight
1 padawan
1 Darth sith lord

I don't remeber the other non-force users have killed this many. (i'am comparing only the story chapters 1-3, not regular mobs in the world)

Also its the first time i enjoyed most of the crew members (aside skade). Mako its definitively my favorite wife companion with blizz winning the most cute companion ever.

I can definitively see the BH now in the context of Kotfe story.
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

SteveTheCynic
09.30.2016 , 09:50 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by squallleon View Post
blizz winning the most cute companion ever.
Have you done the Blizz recruitment alert for KotFE?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

MadDutchman
09.30.2016 , 08:03 PM | #3
I found the BH to be rather non-memorable to be honest (with the exception of a couple brilliant lines), though still infinitely better than the trooper.

I just finished that to get legendary as well, and oh my goodness that was painful...
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

cool-dude
10.01.2016 , 04:58 AM | #4
i didn't think the Bounty Hunter story was bad, but it was pretty unremarkable. It's one of those " another day at the office" stories.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Spetulhu
10.01.2016 , 05:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by squallleon View Post
The trooper is a member of havoc, agent is a highly trained spy and the smuggler is a master of talk out situations. But my BH seemed not only resourceful and collected, but a great strategist as well.
Agreed, the BH isn't just some street thug with a pair of blasters and some tricks, he's actually a highly-trained warrior who would surely be on the short list for possible service in Havoc Squad if he was Republic. The guy knows about all sorts of weapons, has some very thorough insight into squad-level tactics (and larger) and is also at home with many shadier parts of getting the job done. This isn't some random punk with a gun who just walked in and asked to get on the Great Hunt. Too bad we don't get to hear more about where he's been trained.

psandak
10.01.2016 , 08:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Spetulhu View Post
Agreed, the BH isn't just some street thug with a pair of blasters and some tricks, he's actually a highly-trained warrior who would surely be on the short list for possible service in Havoc Squad if he was Republic.
I agree with this as well. My problem with the BH story was the story not the character.
Spoiler

And I feel the same way about the smuggler story for the same reasons.
Spoiler

At least with the Republic Trooper story, you know what you are: a soldier in a special operations squad; you go where your leaders send you and you complete the missions the way you feel is best. And if you go into the character with that in mind, the trooper story is actually quite good. When I play a bounty hunter, I want to hunt bounties. When I play a smuggler, I want to smuggle stuff to make money.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

MadDutchman
10.01.2016 , 05:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I agree with this as well. My problem with the BH story was the story not the character.
Spoiler

And I feel the same way about the smuggler story for the same reasons.
Spoiler

At least with the Republic Trooper story, you know what you are: a soldier in a special operations squad; you go where your leaders send you and you complete the missions the way you feel is best. And if you go into the character with that in mind, the trooper story is actually quite good. When I play a bounty hunter, I want to hunt bounties. When I play a smuggler, I want to smuggle stuff to make money.
Go play a DS smuggler, conscience doesn't enter into it one bit.

TalonVII
10.02.2016 , 06:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Go play a DS smuggler, conscience doesn't enter into it one bit.
Still get forced into being a Republic lap dog. Why I think that there should of been a 3rd neutral faction and the BH and Smuggler should of been in that faction along with 2 force using disciplines. Zieson Sha and Jal Shey or Matukai Adept.

Replace the Smuggler with say a republic senator story. Basically go into the story as an aide, get caught up in helping the republic and go onto become a Senator in your own right, much like Leia/Padme.

Replace BH with an Imperial Guardsman story. Start out as an Imperial trooper, work your way into the imperial guard.

would of been way better if you ask me.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

MadDutchman
10.02.2016 , 09:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Still get forced into being a Republic lap dog. Why I think that there should of been a 3rd neutral faction and the BH and Smuggler should of been in that faction along with 2 force using disciplines. Zieson Sha and Jal Shey or Matukai Adept.

Replace the Smuggler with say a republic senator story. Basically go into the story as an aide, get caught up in helping the republic and go onto become a Senator in your own right, much like Leia/Padme.

Replace BH with an Imperial Guardsman story. Start out as an Imperial trooper, work your way into the imperial guard.

Considering you benefit far more than the Republic does if you go DS, I'm not sure the smuggler being the lap dog in that relationship is quite accurate.

eriksarcasm
10.02.2016 , 11:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post

This I like....
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.