Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

skadge hidden achievement

EsoMajkl
08.29.2016 , 12:16 AM | #1
guys bounty hunter companion skadge have hidden achievement, is kill him in story line?

dcaleb
08.29.2016 , 12:53 AM | #2
I wish you could kill him instead of backing down like a beta and letting him force his way into your ship.

EsoMajkl
08.29.2016 , 02:21 AM | #3
in a bounty hunter story line is not alternate option to kill skadge?

SteveTheCynic
08.29.2016 , 03:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EsoMajkl View Post
in a bounty hunter story line is not alternate option to kill skadge?
No. Perhaps in the KotFE recruitment alert it will be possible. Please?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

ZanyaCross
08.29.2016 , 03:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
I wish you could kill him instead of backing down like a beta and letting him force his way into your ship.

Mindelmatrix
08.29.2016 , 07:54 AM | #6
I think there was an idea during development that the player to be rid of or kill certain companions, so you could kill guys like Skadge, Quinn, or Vik. But the developers changed their minds, so in the initial game, you can't get rid of any of your companions.

SteveTheCynic
08.29.2016 , 09:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindelmatrix View Post
I think there was an idea during development that the player to be rid of or kill certain companions, so you could kill guys like Skadge, Quinn, or Vik. But the developers changed their minds, so in the initial game, you can't get rid of any of your companions.
It wasn't, as I heard it, so much that they changed their minds (which could be "out of nowhere", as it were). What happened was that whiny idiots complained that they had killed their companions and caused themselves problems as a result (Example: the aforementioned Quinn was the SW's healer companion...) and so Bioware made it impossible.

Whence, also, I suspect, the perceived contrast between "Consequences matter" coming from Bioware about KotFE, versus what actually changes in the KotFE storyline if you choose different options. Consequences have to matter because they were rightly criticised for that in the main stories, but they can't matter very much, or all the whiny brats will jump up and down and stamp their feet(1) and hold their breath until they ...

Sorry, I digress...

(1) A few years back, I was in the McDonalds in the Gare Lille Flandres (main central rail station) in Lille, France, and there was this woman there with her 2-3 year old daughter. And the said daughter threw the most EPIC classic cliché two-year-old's temper tantrum complete with stamping her foot and everything. Mother was not moved, and I forbore to applaud and say "Bravo!" - I thought that the mother would not have appreciated it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

TheRandomno
08.29.2016 , 12:57 PM | #8
Skadge and Rusk are both in the next companion recruitment mission, they both have achievements for recruiting them and killing/refusing each of them.
Unobtainable achievements list – over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

Rolodome
08.29.2016 , 01:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
It wasn't, as I heard it, so much that they changed their minds (which could be "out of nowhere", as it were). What happened was that whiny idiots complained that they had killed their companions and caused themselves problems as a result (Example: the aforementioned Quinn was the SW's healer companion...) and so Bioware made it impossible.

Whence, also, I suspect, the perceived contrast between "Consequences matter" coming from Bioware about KotFE, versus what actually changes in the KotFE storyline if you choose different options. Consequences have to matter because they were rightly criticised for that in the main stories, but they can't matter very much, or all the whiny brats will jump up and down and stamp their feet(1) and hold their breath until they ...
I don't think that's really a fair way to put it. The issue is that companions were too closely tied to important gameplay mechanics. Had companions been independent of important gameplay, they probably would have left the companion death in. Note that they brought the concept in a limited capacity in KOTFE content, where you're overloaded with a boatload more companions than you'll ever need.

The mechanic reasons that come to mind are:
- roles (healing, etc., which is now simplified with 4.0)
- crew skills (having six is pretty important if you want to do crafting at maximum efficiency)

As there is no way to get more than six in the vanilla game, it makes sense that they wouldn't want people killing their crafting options inadvertently. The same goes for roles, prior to 4.0.

I think in this case you're overestimating the power of complaining and underestimating the power of a dev team realizing "oops, this is a good point" and correcting a mistake.

I would theorize, in fact, that companion death was sketched out in development before things like crew skills and companion roles were finalized. Or it was done by two different teams, who weren't communicating well. The idea of knowingly mixing the two worlds, from a game development standpoint, just doesn't make sense. It makes sense for the consequences to be felt in story, but not in something so integral to long-term gameplay.

psandak
08.29.2016 , 01:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I don't think that's really a fair way to put it. The issue is that companions were too closely tied to important gameplay mechanics. Had companions been independent of important gameplay, they probably would have left the companion death in. Note that they brought the concept in a limited capacity in KOTFE content, where you're overloaded with a boatload more companions than you'll ever need.

The mechanic reasons that come to mind are:
- roles (healing, etc., which is now simplified with 4.0)
- crew skills (having six is pretty important if you want to do crafting at maximum efficiency)

As there is no way to get more than six in the vanilla game, it makes sense that they wouldn't want people killing their crafting options inadvertently. The same goes for roles, prior to 4.0.

I think in this case you're overestimating the power of complaining and underestimating the power of a dev team realizing "oops, this is a good point" and correcting a mistake.

I would theorize, in fact, that companion death was sketched out in development before things like crew skills and companion roles were finalized. Or it was done by two different teams, who weren't communicating well. The idea of knowingly mixing the two worlds, from a game development standpoint, just doesn't make sense. It makes sense for the consequences to be felt in story, but not in something so integral to long-term gameplay.
This is what happened...
  • In beta testing, killing companions in vanilla was possible
  • players killed companions
  • players realized that they gimped themselves for killing companions (roles, and crew skills being the biggest areas)
  • players wanted their companions back
  • players "threw a tantrum"
  • BW removed the ability to kill companions

Whether the last bit was an "oops, that's a good point" revelation or "holy **** we are going to catch hell for this. Let's head it off at the pass." reaction is debatable, but it was the players' tantrum that caused the change.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date