Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Hutts or the Dread Masters: which story arc did you like better?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Hutts or the Dread Masters: which story arc did you like better?

Pietrastor
02.22.2016 , 09:44 PM | #1
Post-Ilum and pre-SOR, The Hutts and the Dread Masters were the focus of the 2 main story arcs running concurrently and even intertwining at times. Out of the 2, which did you enjoy better?

Noyjitat
02.22.2016 , 10:28 PM | #2
I loved makeb and it's story; even though Hutt's for some reason just get on my nerves. Dreadmasters felt rushed and could of been something better imo.
Spoiler

OldVengeance
02.23.2016 , 12:05 AM | #3
Makeb, because I've never done any OPS.

jauvtus
02.23.2016 , 01:22 AM | #4
Imperial Makeb was great. Republic Makeb was boring. I love the stopping the Dread Masters' plans for 100th time.
Why did the SW start with Episode IV?
Because the director Yoda was

AshlaBoga
02.23.2016 , 01:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Post-Ilum and pre-SOR, The Hutts and the Dread Masters were the focus of the 2 main story arcs running concurrently and even intertwining at times. Out of the 2, which did you enjoy better?
I preferred the Dread Masters if only because we spent so much more time fighting them.

They drove Karagga mad (well I suspect he was already insane, but more insane), they broke Kephess and took over Denova, they opened a gate to R'lyeh , they stole and sowed dark seeds across the Galaxy, they tried to steal an army of HK-51s and in doing so united us with him (thank you for that one!!!), they gathered an army of mercenaries and cutthroats, they put up on hell of a fight on Planet Mordor (that's Oricon's real name).
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Kilikaa
02.23.2016 , 01:59 AM | #6
Dread Masters was better. RotHC sucked. Republic side was sooooooooooo boring and I just wanted to kill the Avesta's. Imp side was a little more interesting. Oricon, however, was a better story in my opinion.

Codedrago
02.23.2016 , 02:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Noyjitat View Post
I loved makeb and it's story; even though Hutt's for some reason just get on my nerves. Dreadmasters felt rushed and could of been something better imo.
Agreed.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

LordDelectus
09.16.2016 , 10:15 AM | #8
Dread Masters, but I felt that they could have done 3.0 about them, they were good villains and a story arc of galactic fear and hysteria would have been fun.

ZanyaCross
09.16.2016 , 10:19 AM | #9
Hutt Cartel, by virtue of never having been able to hear what's happening because in DM because I'm too busy listening to the raid leader explain mechanics. Bioware deserves a slap in the face for forcing group content like that (Dread Masters ops) at the end of a single-player quest-line (Oricon).

It took them 'till the end of SoR before they finally learned their lesson on that.

cardmonkey
09.16.2016 , 11:29 AM | #10
Dread master's til the ops pain to get group it was