Cathars coming in Patch 2.1!

Iwipe

Cathar, a playable species announced last year, will be introduced in SWTOR Game Update 2.1 as as a cartel coin purchase.

• Unlockable via the cartel market for 600 cartel coins. You can convert either an existing character or reroll a new character.
  • Unlock is account wide rather than just legacy wide (i.e. applied to all servers, all your legacies)
  • Available to all eight classes (both factions)
  • Both male and female
  • Cool new fur patterns, new hair styles
  • Great social emote for your Cathar pride
  • Trooper companion Aric Jordan will be have his appearance adjusted to bring him inline with the new Cathar models. He will be utilizing the new fur technology and better reflect how Cathars will look.

Here are some images of how the cathars will look: http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-cathar-species-coming-in-game-update-2-1/

Here is video teaser from Bioware with cathars:

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.1 is entitled "Customization". I wonder what customization features we'll get save for a cartel barber. Hood toggle time?

Can't say much right now but next week you will hear more about it. It is called Customization for a reason and they are taking it seriously :)

2.1 is entitled "Customization". I wonder what customization features we'll get save for a cartel barber. Hood toggle time?

Yo we be toggling in the hood, gee!

Sorry, couldn't resist. But yes, I wonder what else will be seen beyond the barber shop and cathar.

If patch 2.1.1 is entitled 'Transfers' I will strip naked and run down my street.

I'm assuming 2.1 will include Jeff's baby (hood toggle), all the customization stuff he mentioned before.

You say the price is 600 cartel coins - tell me it doesn't cost 2000 coins to change your race lmfao..

If patch 2.1.1 is entitled 'Transfers' I will strip naked and run down my street.

I'm assuming 2.1 will include Jeff's baby (hood toggle), all the customization stuff he mentioned before.

You say the price is 600 cartel coins - tell me it doesn't cost 2000 coins to change your race lmfao..

No no no no. It was Mr. Schubert's, not Jeff's secret baby! I still wonder what it is. Omg omg omg so excited! Omg, i am done posting here with complaints once 2.1 is out and it's there! I am gonna be Andryah no. 2!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Cathar, a playable species announced last year, will be introduced in SWTOR Game Update 2.1 as as a cartel coin purchase.

• Unlockable via the cartel market for 600 cartel coins. You can convert either an existing character or reroll a new character.
  • Unlock is account wide rather than just legacy wide (i.e. applied to all servers, all your legacies)
  • Available to all eight classes (both factions)
  • Both male and female
  • Cool new fur patterns, new hair styles
  • Great social emote for your Cathar pride
  • Trooper companion Aric Jordan will be have his appearance adjusted to bring him inline with the new Cathar models. He will be utilizing the new fur technology and better reflect how Cathars will look.

Here are some images of how the cathars will look: http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-cathar-species-coming-in-game-update-2-1/

Here is video teaser from Bioware with cathars:

Thanks for the post. Can't wait for this one to come out! EEEEEE :D <3

Can't say much right now but next week you will hear more about it. It is called Customization for a reason and they are taking it seriously :)

Aw man, now you made me excited! Never really cared much for the Cathar, but more customization options is something I always look forward to :D

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person lol

Edited by PanikSpreder

Oh Alec, What will you have to post about if you finally get the hood toggle? It will be an end of days!

Why make a thread of this? It is BioWares homepage so I am sure they can update us themselves.

Still, one of my characters will probably become a Cathar. And I wonder if Aric will have an update to his romance dialogue about adoption since well... two Cathars can make babies, right?

Why make a thread of this? It is BioWares homepage so I am sure they can update us themselves.

Still, one of my characters will probably become a Cathar. And I wonder if Aric will have an update to his romance dialogue about adoption since well... two Cathars can make babies, right?

Because Dulfy (the OP) runs the best, most informative SWTOR fan site on the Internet and has been a pillar of this community since before the game launched.

Edited by DarthTHC