NiM Nefra - Nightmare Twin Attack (0 Damage)

We just started NiM DF and as far as we can tell, we have the mechanics down. We're taunting back and forth and then facing him towards the group at 13-14 stacks for his Nightmare Twin Attack. We're successful most of the time and then move him back but sometimes one of the tanks is getting hit with NIghtmare Twin Attack (0 Damage) and dying to an instakill attack.

What is causing this 0 Damage death attack. Our tanks don't have any stacks when it happens and we're standing right next to each other.

At 15 stacks she channels "NIghtmare Twin Attack" at that point there must be 6 people in front of her. If there isn't 6 people she kills one person in front with 0 dmg.

BTW having done all roles on this fight and both tactics I strongly suggest DPS moving to tanks it's much less messy then tanks moving in most cases.

Edited by AAAAzrael

Yup, at 13 stacks Nefra does Nightmare Twin Attack and you need the raid to collectively eat the damage. The way the video on Dulfy had it done was to have the group mostly just stack behind Nefra and have the tanks turn the boss at 12 stacks or something.

15 stacks. Also if you turn the boss at 14, you'll cause someone to eat the regular twin attack. Kinda painful.

Never before 15 stacks. And make sure the tanks are turning her around, not having the healers and dps run in.

I think you may be in minority with this version.

Having the DPS, the healers don't have to go anywhere as long as everyone is up (just need 6 people to eat the swipe), run to the tanks after she hits 15 stacks, I find to be incredibly easier than having the tanks turn her the the rest of the group.

I think you may be in minority with this version.

Having the DPS, the healers don't have to go anywhere as long as everyone is up (just need 6 people to eat the swipe), run to the tanks after she hits 15 stacks, I find to be incredibly easier than having the tanks turn her the the rest of the group.

lol for real?

It honestly really doesn't matter how you do it as long as its done. If your 6 are more coordinated than your 2 tanking the boss then have them move but not so early to get the normal cleave. Also if this is the case, shop for some tanks. Last time i checked tanks control the fight. That being said, it's nerfed now so dps can slack. That, however, wasn't always the case.

Best to practice good habits.

There is only one logical step to take, BW needs to nerf this boss because it's too hard. How is one supposed to clear DF NiM if it won't let us get past the first boss? Please bw, make it so we only need one person to go next to the tanks, or make it so the attack doesn't one shot you so we can ignore it! While you are at it you can also remove the raid wide Dot so the healers don't have to HOT people, I mean how are you supposed to heal the WHOLE RAID?

plznerf

Edited by invertioN

We just started NiM DF and as far as we can tell, we have the mechanics down. We're taunting back and forth and then facing him towards the group at 13-14 stacks for his Nightmare Twin Attack. We're successful most of the time and then move him back but sometimes one of the tanks is getting hit with NIghtmare Twin Attack (0 Damage) and dying to an instakill attack.

What is causing this 0 Damage death attack. Our tanks don't have any stacks when it happens and we're standing right next to each other.

You need to wait for nightmare twin attack to channel once he's turned to the raid and the 15 stacks to fall off, ONLY then you turn him back.

I mean it's obvious really, what's the point in turning him if you don't give chance for NTT to channel?

There is only one logical step to take, BW needs to nerf this boss because it's too hard. How is one supposed to clear DF NiM if it won't let us get past the first boss? Please bw, make it so we only need one person to go next to the tanks, or make it so the attack doesn't one shot you so we can ignore it! While you are at it you can also remove the raid wide Dot so the healers don't have to HOT people, I mean how are you supposed to heal the WHOLE RAID?

plznerf

This is a dumb post, the guys asking for help (yes maybe with the main mechanic but still..) not for a nerf. No reason to berate them.

That being said, it's nerfed now so dps can slack. That, however, wasn't always the case.

Not sure about that: On release day of NiM mode one of our DPS was late, so we killed her with 3 DPS only, hitting enrage at 5%, but noone dying from that. And we had (and still have) DPS and healers running in...

Not sure about that: On release day of NiM mode one of our DPS was late, so we killed her with 3 DPS only, hitting enrage at 5%, but noone dying from that. And we had (and still have) DPS and healers running in...

It is and was with buff perfectly tankable through enrage so that isn't much of a problem. Problem is when she casts the dot during enrage if you don't have that many cleanses.

That being said, it's nerfed now so dps can slack. That, however, wasn't always the case.

Expect that ONLY the incoming damage has been reduced with the nerf. Which made it so that healers could slack, tanks would feel a bit safer and DPS still had to burn like crazy ;)

Just check back the devtracker from around that time and you will see a yellow post about the question why the HP wasn't lowered.

Regarding the NiM TA ..... Both my guilds use the same strategy:

- Droid gets kited around by DPS (TSS) or 1 healer (dauntless)

- at 15 stacks a guardian or shadow speeds/leaps to the 5 people standing behind Nefra, the other tank stays back

- after the NiM TA the tank who stands alone taunts the boss back and the tank who was with the DPS and healer(s) joins him asap

Besides my co-tank becoming a bit jumpy this has never failed us besides when I screw up my timing.

You could work with the DPS and healers moving on the tanks but I rather have the chance that 1 person screws up than that 2 persons from the DPS and heal group are to late. Just like EC Stormcaller where I prefer the tank to move the turret towards dps and healer.

But tbh .... either way will work as long as the persons running won't make a mistake.

And 1 more thing ... for the love of ....... DONT RUN TO FAR AWAY. With bioware fixing nefra exploiting theres one nasty thing which is frustrated howl. For some reason yesterday our tanks were to far from nefra which procced her howl for a moment. I'll just say that the healers were not amused by it :p

21:02:10.953 Nefra, Who Bars the Way hits you with Frustrated Howl for 9.928 kinetic (absorbed 5.952) damage

21:02:12.528 Nefra, Who Bars the Way hits you with Frustrated Howl for 15.880 kinetic damage

Edited by fire-breath

Like I said before, there are several ways of getting the job done, like in most fights. Clearly arguments can be made for the "easiest" way but in all honesty, this is almost the easiest NiM intro boss in the game.

The OP got their answer and a few view points on how to do it. GL on your future pulls.

Amen

Some time ago pugged it on NiM with 1 tank and 2 dps who only had SM experience, 1 dps and 1 healer with HM xp and myself, 1 dps and 1 healer with NiM xp. Really easy boss imho

What did you expect from a boss people were killing with 8 people in 16m hm the week after it came out?

wel, let the tank send out 2 or 3 buft thundering blasts. lets c if its stil ezy 4 u

Sure why we dont 7man it

Lets go to brontes and try to kill it letting all the orbs go to 20

Why we dont go to dp council sm/hm/NiM and just dont do any tactic, put em all on the mid and kill em (no kiters, all bosses stack). OFC blame healers if you die

So your comment *** :confused:

PD: Every healer that did that content before nerf now is probably asking for reroll. GG

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir