IDEA Guild Crew Skill Use While Off-Line

MicMurphy

I have an idea, and I don't know where to post it for crew skills and guild, so I will post it here.

The idea is that while one person of the guild is offline, and signed off while in guild battle ship, that their companions are usable for that persons' crew skills.

I.E.

I have artificeing, I log-ed off in the guild battle ship. Someone of my guild needs me to make something for them because I have the crew skill and they do not. Instead of waiting around for me to come on line and/or they send me the material to build it, they could go to the battle ship and use my companions, with my crew skills to make it. They of course would be paying the coast to make it and have the materials to make it, but I would gain the skill point. This way guilds are helping one another more efficiently as well as staying within guild rather than going for outside source.

They second part of this idea is that if the person that is online and chooses to help out the guild by sending my companions on diplomacy or treasure hunting quests for the guild. That the money needed to send them out on these runs comes from the guild bank, but the bonus that comes back goes to guild and/or guild bank. So in essence I'm helping out the guild by being offline and someone using my crew skills with my companions.

My example is Slicing. We all know it is a way for easy money, so what better way to help out guild then to be that one person, that is online at 5am, send other companions on these runs, other guild members gain skill points, guild gets lock boxes, companion gifts to use, raw materials for crafting...what ever comes out of these runs comes to guild. This way all guild members can contribute to guild even if all guild members aren't on all at the same time.

However the catch is you have to be on the guild battle ship to send these available companions, and the person's whose companions you are using has to have logged out from the guild battle ship. But, you can then use the time to do space battles and still gain this ability if you start space battle from docking port in guild battle ship or even battle grounds from pvp that you started from guild battle ship. So if you then go off to do campaign or story line on a planet the quest you sent companions out on is then as if you called them back and didn't send them. (sucks I know, but there needs to be a catch somewhere)

Also, my personal thought is that guilds should be called something other then guilds, just to help separate SWTOR even more from any other MMO. (I.E. Platoons, Squadrons, just something that has the Star Wars terminology. Because "guilds" is like WoW or Guild Wars, just to give SWTOR that extra something something)

If this idea does go into the next expansion or a patch that would be awesome, and I would like some sort of thank you. I mean my idea right, just some credit please (even and letter would be nice enough, I will frame it :D )

Unless I'm missing something, you can already use your crew skills while offline so you can still be crafting/running missions for your guildmates if you queue tasks up before logging of. Edited by daemian