Ongoing Story Arcs

Kontraz

I know that many guilds and invidual players have complex, ongoing stories and I know that some like getting as many people as possible involved. I thought it might be a good idea to have a list of some of these Story Arcs, who is currently involved in them, and how to get involved if you would like to. We could just keep the list updated with story progression and contact info.

GIANT Story incoming

Guild: TERROR

Terror: Part I

The lapse into consciousness was very slow, and the immense pain surprisingly didn't speed up the process. Thank goodness for pain relievers and medicinal a comas. The first things that the young girl heard were words, but not of her native tongue- they were foreign, elegant, complex. A sharp accent that she wasn't too familiar with came into her mind, but at least she could understand it this time.

"Our paient is awakening, my Lord."

The words echoed through her mind, her brain still not able to clearly process what was going on. The only senses she had was her hearing, albeit barely, and whatever sense causes you to feel pain. Back, from a fall. Legs, from extensive movement. Arms, heavy maneuvering. Face, uncertain. She lapsed back into unconcsiousness for a moment.

Her eyes started to open, slowly. Immediately blinded, she shuttered, and then cautiously opened them again. The sun was blinding. A cloaked silhouette eclipsed the sun for a moment, and then retreated. Another lapse into the darkness, back in her mind.

Touch- a hard table supported her, a small cushion behind her head. Hardly enough, the pain still lingered and the stiffness of the "bed" made it worse. A mental scan of her body from head to toe revealed that she was...connected... to some wires. She felt the pulsations of a liquid being forced into her body intravenously. Too much sensation, she passed out again.

She came to her senses once more, this time with a little bit of everything. Partially blinded and deafened, she still couldn't move. This time she could feel the restraints across her midriff, forearms, and legs. She didn't bother trying to resist their hold, they were magentically stabilized, as is customary for the Empire in situations such as these. She opened her eyes wide and blinked several times, her eyes adjusting to the light. It was dusk, and a cool breeze ran through air. Alderaan. She looked towards her feet, and she could see what looked to be like some sort of tent set up. A short but clean blue man was working, singing in a low key to himself in a language unknown to her- she remembered the voice she had heard earlier, and matched the two.

The man was mixing some sort of chemical, and prepping it to be added into an injector that lay close to him. A workbench. She glanced over to the opposite side of the blue man, and saw heavy machinery with a bunch of wires sprawled forth. She followed them with her eyes into her own body, in random places. She lifted her head slightly and was immediately punished by a sharp pain in her cheek that coiled up to her forehead. She reeled back in torment, and tried to let out a scream, but nothing came out.

She must've caused some sort of commotion as the blue man turned towards her and looked her directly in the eye, and smiled with a handsome grin. He pressed a small button on a datapad that was hidden at first, which blinked red three times, then went quiet.

"Hello dear, how are you feeling?" he asked as if they had known each other for ages.

Still laying flat on her table in pain, she managed to put forth the words through gritted teeth. "My... face..."

The blue man grew a concerned look on his face for only a moment, and then placed a small vial of glowing green liquid into the injector she had noticed earlier. He walked over to her left side and pressed the needle into her arm and squeezed the trigger. She winced at the feeling of her skin being pierced, but was immediately relaxed by the liquid now flowing through her veins.

"My personal blend of Kolto. Quite proud of it, if I say so myself. Works wonders for almost any kind of trauma, especially for a wound as bad as that. I plan to market it soon..."

She stopped paying attention to what he was saying. Wound? she thought to herself for a moment. She motioned to move her hand across her face but was immediately halted by the restraints across her wrists.

"Ah yes, you might be wondering what happened and where you are. Well, you're in good hands. Quite frankly, generous hands, too. I can't say a lot of Sith that discover unconscious Jedi in the fields would have spent the time and resources to revive you."

This time she listened to everything the blue man had to say. She didn't look at his face, only stared up at the sky. A large thranta passed overhead, emitting its mating call for all to hear.

"What happened to my face? Why did it hurt?" she asked weakly.

The man grew a concerned look on his face again, and then walked over to one of the large machines in the tent. At it's base was a small storage locker that he opened, and pull out a reflection unit. He activated the small disk, looked at himself and smiled, and then walked back over to the table. He extended the unit over her body and angled it to reflect her face back at her. She focused her vision and saw the massive tear in her flesh that stretched from above her eyebrow, across her face, to the opposite cheek. The flesh was burn scarred already, so no stiching was needed. The excess bits of flesh that would have lined the wound were already removed neatly. After the initial shock wore off, she noticed how well it had been cleaned up- she could've worn this scar for years.

"A true wonder you didn't lose the eye. You were millimeters away from a bionic vision unit."

"Where am I? And who are you?" she asked as he returned the viewer back to its locker.

"You're on the planet Alderaan, in Thul Territory. This is the Imperial Field Encampment of Darth Toxxus Vaedris. I am Skatra'ssynn'tarri, Darth Toxxus's highest and most well-trained medic in his staff. Former Imperial Intelligence, now serving our Lord, your savior."

Instants after he finished his speech, a disgusting voice popped in. "How quaint. I need some time to speak with our new project, Trassynn."

Trassynn immediately stood at attention, and bowed low in respect towards the voice. He took a quick glance at the girl and gave a coy smile, and then walked away. She tried to turn her head towards the voice, but it came to her. A dark figure appeared before her, cloaked in robes of black with varying shades of grey. The figure wore a hood that masked his face in darkness, save for an eerie glow of red from his eyes. The color of his skin allowed for faint movement to be deteced from his mouth, but his words seemed to travel right into her head, skipping her sense of hearing all together.

"Greetings, my child. I am Darth Toxxus. Are you scared?"

She wasn't sure if she was until he mentioned anything. His voice was deep, yet beckoning. It sent chills down her spine. The glow from his eyes seemed to pierce directly into her mind. All she could feel at this point was absolute terror.

"Yes" she was able to mutter, her voice cracking slightly.

"You should be. You are before the Lord of Terror himself. I am the embodiment of fear, a true vessel of the Dark Side. You wreak of the Light, of Jedi teachings. I have read your mind, seen your dreams. Do you know why I have spared your life?"

"No" she responded in the same way.

"The Force works in mysterious ways. I have forseen this encounter, and I decided to play this vision through. Do you remember why you were on Alderaan?"

She couldn't until that point, as if all of her memories were allowed to her by this Sith. She was a young Jedi. The Temple on Corsucant had just been destroyed. She had a mission on Alderaan to survey this very camp. She wanted to attack, to lure out the Sith Lord that was within the encampment. Elaina.

A look of rage grew on her face at that very thought. The Sith grew his own look, but his was of creeping hilarity- a smile so wicked, he seemed as if he would laugh maniacally at any moment.

Elaina had stopped her from opening an attack. Physically. The girl was weak, Elaina struck her down within seconds. The scar across her face was meant to be a fatal blow, but it wasn't.

"I am willing to offer you an opportunity to seek what you desire, my child. Become my apprentice, and you shall learn the ways of the Dark Side. If you do not accept my agreement, you will die immeidately." Darth Toxxus almost growled at her.

"My name is Vera. I pledge my life to you. I will be your apprentice." she said, the thoughts of rage, revenge, and murder growing with every second.

Instantly, a pulse of lightning flickered from Darth Toxxus's hand. It hit one of the restraints on her wrists, but created a chain that immediately destroyed all the restraints on her body. She sat up for a moment, and became lightheaded. She rotated to face Darth Toxxus, and hopped off the table, and lowered herself to one knee before him and bowed her head.

"A wise decision, my apprentice." the look on his face finally caved in as he broke into a deahtly laugh that echoed through the mountains of Alderaan and shook Vera to her core. She didn't hesitate for a second before the sight; all of her fear had instantly turned into rage when Elaina entered her mind. "Rise." he said, and she did as such. The Sith reached into his a pocket inside his robe and pulled out a lightsaber hilt. "This was your weapon. This was your trust. This was your commitment to the Jedi. Destroy it." he handed the hilt to Vera.

She held it in her hand for a moment, observing it, remembering all that the Jedi had left her with. She came to a resound "nothing" as she felt the Force fill her veins once more. An invigorating feeling, she directed the newfound energy into the hand that held her lightsaber, and clenched it in a hard fist. It took only a second before the lightsaber shattered into a mess of grey and yellow metal mixed with green crystal shards, and fell to the ground like dust as it emitted one final spark of weak electricity.

Toxxus looked at her as she rotated her hand to drop the remaining dust from her hand. In an instant he struck his hands out before him and shocked Vera with electricity conjured by the Force. The shock was so intense it knocked Vera unconcious once more, and she fell to the floor.

"Trassynn, prepare her body for transport and get the shuttle started. We're going to Korriban."

Nicely written! Nice characterization and description, and a pretty seamless transition between thought and speech, which is often hard to do.

Given that I'm an English major, I have to offer at least one spelling correction (there are a few, but this one rankles):

"You wreak of the Light..." You are trying to, and should, use the word "reek," as in to emit a foul odor.

Looking forward to reading more!