Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance continuation?

Kyhiker
02.15.2019 , 08:22 PM | #1
Or is that pretty much history after Ossus? Would be nice to be able to continue romance with some of the companions, especially after Iokath decisions left some characters high and dry.....Any word on that??

Paulsutherland
02.15.2019 , 08:50 PM | #2
Until someone says otherwise I'm going with everyone but Lana is done.

Goreshaga
02.16.2019 , 02:24 AM | #3
As Paul said, i think that unless you're romancing Lana, you'll have nothing new with your LI... Unfortunately for you if you're romancing someone else, and even more so if you're romancing pretty much everyone but Lana

TheAresian
02.16.2019 , 11:32 AM | #4
I think this is a part of the resentment that has been building towards Lana. The writers decided she was it and BOOM! she was it. Nothing the players wanted meant anything. I suspect a large part of it is budget related as forcing one Lana cut scene on players is a lot cheaper than the numerous scenes they'd have to do otherwise. Still though, I wouldn't mind a scene where Lana somehow got sucked out of the airlock. I can see it now

Player launches Lana out of the airlock into space only to look on in horror as Lana does the Princess Leia fly through space back to the ship and reappears. "Commander, we need to deal with (insert next crisis here)" This is followed by the player launching him/herself out said airlock before Lana reveals some bizarre Sith Force Fishing Ability and reels the player back in. "As I was saying, Commander"
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
+1 from me. I have never had any hard feelings for a game dev...and then there's Ben Irving. Him leaving filled my petty heart with joy.

JuventusAndFCK
02.16.2019 , 11:44 AM | #5
#EqualRomance should be a thing in SWTOR.

Nadia promised my consular that they'd have time Bioware. Plz deliver some additonal time, preferably not on the cartel market..

OldVengeance
02.16.2019 , 01:42 PM | #6
Perhaps I'm being naive here, but my current (perhaps overly optimistic) hope is that the upcoming expansion will feature some content for Nadia, Jaesa, and the other Jedi Under Siege love interests, even if it's just a couple more scenes, in the vein of Kotet.

BlueShiftRecall
02.16.2019 , 02:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
+1 to this, I'm not expecting any time with any previous romances in upcoming story content other than Lana at this point.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

Karameck
02.16.2019 , 07:30 PM | #8
My prediction is likely some more content in the relative future for:
- Lana
- Theron
- Arcann
- Doc
- Nadia

For everyone else my hope is we get at least some letters and maybe some unique response lines to the new areas if you walk through them with your companion summoned (Like we got on Makeb).

annabethchase
02.16.2019 , 09:28 PM | #9
We get hardly any story content at all. I think Romance continuation will have to be dropped in order to just get more meat to the story at all. Not sure they can afford the 20 or so branching paths to make sure Koth gets his lines.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

MishaCantu
02.17.2019 , 08:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
As much as I hate to, I agree with this. I don't think BW has the finances for further LI scenes for 20 odd different characters. I think the LI ship has sailed. Makes me sad because it's these interactions that set the game apart from the purely hack and slash quests that every other MMO has.

Sorry, but a silly flirt option with every new character you meet just doesn't get it. Got no history with them, don't want one.

Oh well, cheers to the good old days.