Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After 7+ years of playing...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
After 7+ years of playing...

CassandraP
02.15.2019 , 05:24 PM | #1
I've played SWTOR on and off since beta. I was one of the lucky ones to get picked to participate in one of the beta weekends. I am a founder. I have legendary status from completing all 8 stories and quest-lines.

After 7+ years of playing, I've decided I prefer playing Empire side only. My favorite class is the Sith Inquisitor, but don't ask me to choose between sorcerer or assassin because they're both bad-*** in their own ways. I also love playing the Sith Warrior [both advanced classes] and the Bounty Hunter [both advanced classes]. I won't play the agent anymore though. I don't care for the story and it's not my play-style at all. Sorry to all you agent lovers out there.

If I was forced to play Republic side again, I would play a Trooper. I will always love Aric Jorgan. But the Knight, Consular, and Smuggler were just never as fun as my Sith or my Bounty Hunters.

What about you? How long have you been playing? What is your favorite side? Do you have a favorite side? What are your favorite classes?

xordevoreaux
02.15.2019 , 05:28 PM | #2
Been playing since July of 2013 and I'm ambivalent as to faction.
I'm just glad this wasn't a clickbait "I'm leaving" thread.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

DWho
02.15.2019 , 05:33 PM | #3
2567 days (7 years)
Republic
Jedi Sentinel

A subscriber every day of that time

MorseGod
02.15.2019 , 05:38 PM | #4
Been playing since around October 2016. I've completed the entire storyline through Ossus on 8 characters. I prefer the Republic primarily because I prefer playing the good guy, and everyone says that being a LS Imp or DS Pub makes for silly story choices in this game.

I will say that sometimes the devs' idea of what constitutes a light or dark choice is backwards and shows their real-world bias, so it's nice to play my Imps to feel at liberty to make certain choices that the game considers dark. I do routinely make LS choices even with my Imps, however, because I know that it won't affect my overall alignment at this point. I get DS points for everything that I do, so making some LS convo choices doesn't hurt things.

I've also invested a lot of time and energy into my guild on the Pub side, but not so much on the Imp side. That sort of dictates my priorities for me.

As classes go, any ranged DPS suits me best.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

CassandraP
02.15.2019 , 05:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
2567 days (7 years)
Republic
Jedi Sentinel

Wow! I'm impressed. I cannot say I've been a subscriber that long. I've been a sub on and off for that long.

Goreshaga
02.15.2019 , 05:40 PM | #6
My favourite story would be JK, followed by SW, then BH, then SI and IA, then trooper and smuggler and my least favourite would be the JC.

Smuggler is a fun character to play, but i'm not too fond of the story itself, JC, well not really fond of either the character, the story or the crew, that's why it comes last. Trooper is mainly saved because Aric is such a great romance.

As far as faction go, i guess i'd be more of a pub person, even though most of the pub side stories come last for me, as it seems i like playing the good guys more than the bad guys as my imps all ended up being quite decent people in the end, and they will all turn against the Empire if allowed to.

Lunafox
02.15.2019 , 06:46 PM | #7
Same as you OP, beta, founder, been here 7 years pretty much solid, except for the couple of months where real life issues kept me mostly away.

My favorite side is the Empire. My favorite classes are SW, JK and IA. SI is fun too. None of the other classes touch those ones for me and I've played them all, all aspects of M/F - DS/LS/N and have Legendary status. If I play Republic it's usually as JK. The others just don't excite me.

I love the empire so much, many of my Jedi want to be able to defect and become a Darth.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

casirabit
02.15.2019 , 07:40 PM | #8
I prefer the Republic and mostly my smuggler. I do have characters on both side but I tend to play my dark side characters (empire) when I need to kill someone, like when the post office has decided to lose a box I mail and tells me to be patient after a week. Right, time to kill someone......
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Zerileth
02.15.2019 , 07:51 PM | #9
Faction: Empire
Story: Agent/Warrior/Inquisitor/Knight/Consular/Trooper (in that order)
Done with stories. Done them to death
Class: Commando Healer/Sor Cor
Started: Right before ROTHC
Most played MMORPG by Far
. <--------just this little red dot

denavin
02.15.2019 , 08:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
2567 days (7 years)
Republic
Jedi Sentinel

I'm just a little behind you....
2,450 days (6 years 9 months)
Prefer Republic but also have Empire Characters
also a Jedi Sentinel (main) but have one of each class for both sides
and like you, subscribed the whole time...
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."