Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malora

Paulsutherland
02.15.2019 , 02:22 PM | #1
(Imp Side) I offered Malora a position in the Alliance, with the story branching, will she take me up on that offer?

aerockyul
02.15.2019 , 03:18 PM | #2
I hope so, but they’ve allowed her to be killed so probably not.
That pub scene with Tau is very annoying. Malora clearly came after the fight was over and has absolutely ZERO interest in engaging with you but Tau, like most Jedi, goes into red-hazed kill mode when a non-psycho and nonthreatening Sith is in front of them, like how most Jedi treat you as a LS Sith. It’s almost as brainless as chaotic evil Sith are.

Anyway, hope to see Malora more but she’s killable and female so I’d expect even if she was brought into the fold people will howl for her head. Not that I’m saying they shouldn’t add more male NPCs, as it’s a bit annoying to see the writers taunt women by making new female humanoids and only a deformed dead old guy and a weird alien rhino as “new” male NPCs that are obviously going to be playing big parts in the future.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, SelaunaKahntara, Kaytee'roxx
Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

OldVengeance
02.16.2019 , 02:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
That pub scene with Tau is very annoying. Malora clearly came after the fight was over and has absolutely ZERO interest in engaging with you but Tau, like most Jedi, goes into red-hazed kill mode when a non-psycho and nonthreatening Sith is in front of them, like how most Jedi treat you as a LS Sith. It’s almost as brainless as chaotic evil Sith are.
So far as they knew, Malorra's the leader of the Sith Forces that have been trying to destroy their colony up to this point. She refuses to surrender and she refuses to explain herself. That automatically makes her a hostile enemy. She's also next to the prone body of Gnost Dural. They don't learn about Malgus until after the fight.

Malora is many things, but "non-psycho" isn't one of them.

Goreshaga
02.16.2019 , 04:59 PM | #4
Well, when you arrive with Tau, Malora has her lightsaber activated, when asked where Gnost-Dural is, she only says that you're too late, and she's the one who attacks when asked to surrender...
So she doesn't look like a defenseless non-psycho Sith, especially considering the kind of experiment she was doing on the Geonosian, who ended up attacking both the Jedi colony and the imperial troops...

Quote:
Anyway, hope to see Malora more but she’s killable and female so I’d expect even if she was brought into the fold people will howl for her head. Not that I’m saying they shouldn’t add more male NPCs, as it’s a bit annoying to see the writers taunt women by making new female humanoids and only a deformed dead old guy and a weird alien rhino as “new” male NPCs that are obviously going to be playing big parts in the future.
Oh there are so much more kill options on female companions, especially LIs than on males !
Let's see, (only counting LIs, because i don't necessarily remember all the AA companions who are not LIs and have a kill option as i usually don't bother with the AA, and LIs are overall more important to me than non-LIs) :
- 2 female LIs (+1 if you count DS Jaesa, but does she count for 1 or 0.5 considering there are 2 Jaesas ?) out of 12 female LIs (13 if you count both Jaesas), so no more than 1/6 of them are killable
- 6 male LIs (not counting Khem, unless he has a kill option during JUS or shortly after, but i haven't done that with a SI) out of 11, so more than half of them are killable....

So if they could just stop killing the male LIs, that would be great, especially when all is left after that are Lana, and more females as potential new LIs...
And in the end, i'd rather not have new LIs, male or females, but rather see more of the ones we already have, even more so considering the only LI who ever died in my story was Vette, and only because i did not really have a choice...

Anyways, Malora's a prisonner in my story so i doubt she'll ever play any significant part now (and that was the nicest option of the 2), and i think she's still as pathetic as she was back on Korriban, so i'd not cry if i never see her again...
Imp side i think i offered her to join the Alliance, though, i could not care less wether she joins or not actually, but that would be a bit weird to give that option and never see her later.

Quraswren
02.16.2019 , 06:13 PM | #5
I hope so, but they’ve allowed her to be killed so probably not..
BioWare was foolish enough to bring back Malgus, I have no doubt anyone we supposedly “killed” they would have no problem bringing back Just because.

She may not be as gone as some think.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Paulsutherland
02.16.2019 , 06:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
BioWare was foolish enough to bring back Malgus, I have no doubt anyone we supposedly “killed” they would have no problem bringing back Just because.

She may not be as gone as some think.
I want to know how Acina did that!

-

She may not be gone at all (for imp players) Look at the Jedi, he can be on both Ossus (pub side) and a prisoner on Dromund Kass. (Imp LS)

Sarlegant
02.16.2019 , 06:36 PM | #7

And like most Sith, Malora is too stupid to surrender. I am not entirely sure, since there does seem to be two stories, Jedi version or Sith version, but since since a Jedi Master is laying prone, I think it’s safe to say Malora was force pushed off a platform in both versions. She really is alone. If she doesn’t know me, she can certainly see Tau isn’t a padawan.

So, Tau, defending her colony, invaded, is a typical red haze Jedi... absolutely, I endorse meeting the aggressors wi th extreme prejudice. My toons didn’t ask her to surrender, and the only reason she is taken captive is for information.

By the way, I think Tau is a strong female character.

ObsidianBones
02.16.2019 , 07:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I want to know how Acina did that!
So do I, especially given what Malora said about how Malgus was supposedly reconstructed (heard a rumor that he was put back together with Lord Scourge but that's more than likely not true). Speaking of, be nice to know when Kira, Scourge, Zenith, Tharan, and whoever else is still missing are coming back because, TBH, I was hoping my JK could've broken up with Lana by now as I don't really like the way it's going (that's just me though).

JuventusAndFCK
02.16.2019 , 08:05 PM | #9
I don't see why her death would hinder her recruitment in the playthrough that makes that choice, but I'd be surprised if she's anything more than another image in the contacts list after the Jedi under siege content is concluded.

Paulsutherland
02.16.2019 , 08:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JuventusAndFCK View Post
I don't see why her death would hinder her recruitment in the playthrough that makes that choice, but I'd be surprised if she's anything more than another image in the contacts list after the Jedi under siege content is concluded.
That's better than nothing at this point. I'll head canon my own story

Quote:
By the way, I think Tau is a strong female character
I don't know about Tau. She strikes me as someone who will go into battle either overconfident or full of remorse. I'm also not keen on her replacing Satele as the Grand Master. Tau has spent 5/6 years on Ossus, I doubt her skills will be as impressive as someone who has spent the past 5/6 years fighting.

Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianBones View Post
So do I, especially given what Malora said about how Malgus was supposedly reconstructed (heard a rumor that he was put back together with Lord Scourge but that's more than likely not true). Speaking of, be nice to know when Kira, Scourge, Zenith, Tharan, and whoever else is still missing are coming back because, TBH, I was hoping my JK could've broken up with Lana by now as I don't really like the way it's going (that's just me though).
Kira is the only one I want to see return, I've given up hope for the rest and their lame two minute excuses for being absent.