Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Duping Armor Sets & selling on the GTN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Duping Armor Sets & selling on the GTN

Cerixy
02.17.2019 , 01:50 PM | #61
Yes I remember the Sensuous Dress armour set and Dark Legionnaire set, 5 pages of each selling for 5 and 6 million each, they had not been on sale in the CM for a while at the time so I thought it was odd, I just bought them all and I've been selling them since, more than made my credits back.

sauceemynx
02.17.2019 , 02:10 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Hey, y'all, what about my post? Plenty of posts railing on the OP, no comment when someone else says hey... I saw something strange myself. Not everything the OP was talking about, but one of them. Are you still interested in the topic or just having fun bashing someone?
I'm not sure why a few posters have such a difficult time believing that hacking occurs in games, but, yeah, I definitely saw pages and pages of two normally very expensive armor sets for something like 6-9 million credits.

Inspirals
02.17.2019 , 03:08 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
The reason BW is doing nothing after all your reports is because they understand how Korger gets it's food, and they know how players like this guy has what seems to be impossible amounts of items that are the same thing. It's not duping.
Given that the pages and pages of extremely under-priced, high value gold and platinum armour sets, listed by the same person, instantly disappeared two nights ago on Darth Malgus, I'd say it seems likely that Bioware did do something about it.

Rouslaan
02.17.2019 , 03:25 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by sauceemynx View Post
I'm not sure why a few posters have such a difficult time believing that hacking occurs in games, but, yeah, I definitely saw pages and pages of two normally very expensive armor sets for something like 6-9 million credits.
but BW and bugs/exploits is so unusual... oh, wait...

Lhancelot
02.17.2019 , 03:29 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Hey, y'all, what about my post? Plenty of posts railing on the OP, no comment when someone else says hey... I saw something strange myself. Not everything the OP was talking about, but one of them. Are you still interested in the topic or just having fun bashing someone?
If the guy wasn't so defensive and insulting people wouldn't be "bashing" him, not the OP but the other poster in this thread. Hard to take his post seriously when he refuses to consider logical explanations by other posters how some players have stacks of identical items for sale on the GTN.

Quote: Originally Posted by Inspirals View Post
Given that the pages and pages of extremely under-priced, high value gold and platinum armour sets, listed by the same person, instantly disappeared two nights ago on Darth Malgus, I'd say it seems likely that Bioware did do something about it.
Oh, well by all means I stand corrected, the evil item duper has been abolished! That or his items sold or the timer ran out on his items and he just needs to repost them back on the GTN.

It's hard to take whine threads seriously when people constantly mistake what they view as hacks, cheats, duping, etc. so often. I mean it's almost nearly always someone's ignorance that leads them to believe someone is cheating. Usually such claims are accompanied by zero proof of the supposed "suspicious" activity making it even harder to take seriously.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Inspirals
02.17.2019 , 05:08 PM | #66
Oh, well by all means I stand corrected, the evil item duper has been abolished! That or his items sold or the timer ran out on his items and he just needs to repost them back on the GTN.
The timer was nowhere near to running out on any of the items. Very easy to notice.
The items had actually been selling very slowly, then all suddenly disappeared. Very easy to notice.
The player hasn't relisted any of them since. Again, very easy to notice.

EmperorRus
02.17.2019 , 10:17 PM | #67
DM, about 3 days ago

https://i.imgur.com/AMiu6RV.jpg

He's even admitted to reporting people countless times for "duping" and BW has done nothing about it. One thing they enforce quite well are rules that are broken involving GTN or any cheats that are used to get credits. They are good at stopping those types of exploits.
You must be new here "Week 6 of the worst exploit yet"
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

Limariko
02.18.2019 , 01:58 AM | #68
I've often wondered what happens if you bought an item like an armor set in good faith off the GTN and it turned out it was a duped item. Do they take it from you or what?
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

DzastinBiberi
02.18.2019 , 02:04 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouslaan View Post
What I've seen on Darth Malgus GTN are:
50x Callous Conqueror armor sets for 12-13m each (3 times, a couple of months ago); usual price was 35-40m+
50x Revan Reborn armor sets for 9-12m each (3 times); usual price was 25-30m
50x Tulak Hord armor sets for 8-12m each (2 times); usual price was 30+m
50x Satele Shan armor sets for 8-10m each (3 times); usual price was 25-30m

So, it's always was the same pattern - someone put 50 pieces of each armor set 3-4 times lower than average price.
I've bought one Callous set for 10m and then one more, sold it for 34m each a week after.

Atantre_Chants
02.18.2019 , 03:04 AM | #70
I am still waiting to see an explanation by the "Nothing to see here, move along" crowd for
1) How and why would players accumulate stacks of up to 50 copies of the same item, especially items that have not been on sale for a long time or ever (this is a problem with the "hacked credit cards" theory as well). Keep in mind that these are high-prices items, normally, we are talking about a billion credits in (normal) value.
2) Why would those players throw them all onto the GTN at once, a dozen different items under a dozen different toons, all within minutes of each other? Alternatively, if these are different players, why would they coordinate like this, depressing the prices even further?
3) How would they make a profit doing this, if they are selling at 50% of a year long low? Or, in other words, again, why?
4) Why is it only outfits and, to a lesser degree, decorations? Why not the very stable in price and consistently high valued (especially crdits to cc ratio) lightsabers? Lightsabers suck for buy-low/sell-high trading because their price fluctuation is low, but that would make them perfect for this scheme. The sellers would get as much profit per lightsaber as they could get off a page of outfits and it would be less suspicious. 3 or 4 lightsabers more would get less attention than 50 copies each of outfits.

You can engage in all the semantics you want, if it was duping or hacking or tooth-fairying., it still is more than suspicious.