Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The new loading screen poster is a gigantic spoiler

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The new loading screen poster is a gigantic spoiler

DewyMossEmpire
02.12.2019 , 06:45 PM | #1
I was genuinely surprised when Malgus returned as I began playing the Ossus story line. It was incredibly exciting & I loved seeing him come back.

However, if this new loading screen would have been put in place before then, I would have of course known about it beforehand. The loading screen poster they used previously with the statue in the middle was perfect - it introduced the new characters & hid our beloved old one. But someone who isn't aware of Malgus returning would obviously now know because of this blatant oversight.

xordevoreaux
02.12.2019 , 06:49 PM | #2
Better would be if the loading page was interactive -- Malgus shows up after completing Ossus.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

DewyMossEmpire
02.12.2019 , 06:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Better would be if the loading page was interactive -- Malgus shows up after completing Ossus.
I agree. It would make sense if the loading screen changed after completing that. But completely spoiling it is a terrible idea.

Lunafox
02.12.2019 , 06:55 PM | #4
I know it's silly and probably unlikely, but sometimes I feel like Bioware is personally trolling me. I did, after all, name him 'Bioware's Zombie Poster Boy' and what do they do...they make a ginormous splash page with their boy.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Paulsutherland
02.12.2019 , 07:05 PM | #5
I like the old one. It had some mystery in it with the robed figure and temple ruins. I don't like this new one.

Karameck
02.12.2019 , 08:26 PM | #6
At what point are the spoilers acceptable? I think we're far enough away that it's appropriate now. People who want to play for the latest story and avoid spoilers realistically should have cleared the content on their own by now. Everyone else can't expect the rest of the players to sit on their hands forever.

DewyMossEmpire
02.12.2019 , 08:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Karameck View Post
At what point are the spoilers acceptable? I think we're far enough away that it's appropriate now. People who want to play for the latest story and avoid spoilers realistically should have cleared the content on their own by now. Everyone else can't expect the rest of the players to sit on their hands forever.
What about people who can't play that often or are just returning? I think it's more unreasonable to expect anyone & everyone to complete the new story content immediately.

Putting a gigantic spoiler as the first thing you see when you first load up the game is what's inappropriate.

Karameck
02.12.2019 , 08:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DewyMossEmpire View Post
What about people who can't play that often or are just returning? I think it's more unreasonable to expect anyone & everyone to complete the new story content immediately.

Putting a gigantic spoiler as the first thing you see when you first load up the game is what's inappropriate.
It's not immediately after though, that's the point.

DewyMossEmpire
02.12.2019 , 08:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Karameck View Post
It's not immediately after though, that's the point.
Who cares? It's still a spoiler & not everyone can or is willing to play this game as often as someone else. It's still a needless spoiler for someone who hasn't finished the content yet.

Karameck
02.12.2019 , 08:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DewyMossEmpire View Post
Who cares? It's still a spoiler & not everyone can or is willing to play this game as often as someone else. It's still a needless spoiler for someone who hasn't finished the content yet.
Again if you're someone that cares about not having stuff spoiled ahead of time you should either stay reasonably abreast of the content, or it can't matter to you that much. This is standard across the entertainment industry.

Watch a Game of Thrones preview for next season, it will have a ton of spoilers for previous seasons if you haven't kept up. Watch a preview for a Sequel to a movie, it will spoil some of the first.

If they would have had him on there at launch I'd agree, but we're 2 months down the road. I think it's fair game. Not to mention I personally enjoy having more interactive screens like this, I thought it was fun seeing him there when I logged in. I like having the screens evolve with the story.